Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived
(12-23-2020, 12:44 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: I was thinking that too. My god has he fallen off. I noticed how once the game was out of hand he started to play better. He cannot handle the pressure as the number 2 guy right now. 

I agree though the Warriors are better off unloading those bad contracts and building with young pieces.

I'd argue that Wiggins has never been good so there isn't much to fall off from.  haha
Like Reply
(12-23-2020, 12:44 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: I was thinking that too. My god has he fallen off. I noticed how once the game was out of hand he started to play better. He cannot handle the pressure as the number 2 guy right now. 

I agree though the Warriors are better off unloading those bad contracts and building with young pieces.
"Fallen off" implies Wiggins was ever good. This is who he always was. The posters arguing for the Mavs to trade for him always drove me insane, he's legitimately one of the worst basketball players in the entire NBA and he gets paid max money.
Like Reply
(12-22-2020, 10:52 PM)Branduil Wrote: Gasol, Harrell, and Wes were dumb pickups by the Lakers IMO. They went for names instead of guys who fit. Probably won't matter in the end though.
Lakers also ass with Lebron on the bench, nothing new. He was +2 today.

AD is just the most "weird" player ever, how did he manage a negative on/off difference last year. I am wondering what happens if Lebron would be out 4-8 weeks.

Imo they can't rest Lebron nor play him low minutes. Might work against plenty of teams, but not against elite/good teams.
Like Reply
(12-23-2020, 12:56 AM)sefant Wrote: Lakers also ass with Lebron on the bench, nothing new. He was +2 today.

AD is just the most "weird" player ever, how did he manage a negative on/off difference last year. I am wondering what happens if Lebron would be out 4-8 weeks.

Imo they can't rest Lebron nor play him low minutes. Might work against plenty of teams, but not against elite/good teams.

I agree and like others have said the roster choices were poor. Wesley Matthews is Devin Bookers best friend. He will light his ass up if they have Wes guarding him. 

I think they were over confident and under valued the guys they had as well as the chemistry
Like Reply
(12-23-2020, 01:16 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: I agree and like others have said the roster choices were poor. Wesley Matthews is Devin Bookers best friend. He will light his ass up if they have Wes guarding him. 

I think they were over confident and under valued the guys they had as well as the chemistry
Wes will be fine, once he has been re-programmed. He has gone from the zebras worst enemy (Mavs) to their best friend (LeBron). He just needs to learn to start grabbing, tripping, slapping, spitting on people to stop them. It´s only actual real defense, he can´t do.  Tongue
Like Reply
(12-23-2020, 12:52 AM)Branduil Wrote: "Fallen off" implies Wiggins was ever good. This is who he always was. The posters arguing for the Mavs to trade for him always drove me insane, he's legitimately one of the worst basketball players in the entire NBA and he gets paid max money.
 We are fantasy GMs. There is not a single player we haven´t talked ourselves into.

The earliest reports I read out of Minny were always Lavine is a workhorse and Wiggins is lazy.

Maybe he just does not like basketball, but for $150M most "poor" people would do a job they don´t like, probably do a job they don´t like anyway. Very few people would do a good job/try to get better at a job they hate, when they know they are guaranteed to be set for life after that job is over. You´d do the bare minimum not to get fired.
Like Reply
(12-23-2020, 12:52 AM)Branduil Wrote: "Fallen off" implies Wiggins was ever good. This is who he always was. The posters arguing for the Mavs to trade for him always drove me insane, he's legitimately one of the worst basketball players in the entire NBA and he gets paid max money.

I think no one ever argued that Wiggins was good. It was more about Mavs getting draft compensations or a quality starter like RoCo as well.
Like Reply
(12-22-2020, 11:31 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/stat...3127318529

I really respect KOC but I can't say I agree with this take. Blazers were destroyed by injuries last year and still managed to claw their way back from the brink into the playoffs. The same Blazers managed to grab one of- if not the best- 3 and D wing in the league.

I think they could be a 3rd seed. They can also be a 6th seed. In any case they're playoff locks. Can't bet against Dame.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-22-2020, 07:46 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Where is Draymond?

That Warriors team looks ugly. Two volume shooters with bad defense numbers in the starting five next to Curry. Wouldn´t surprise me,  if they "tank" another season to secure their own and the Wolves lottery pick. Combined with Wiseman those are superstar level trade assets. Not sure who they trade for, but that´s a crazy package.

If they choose that route, they better trade Curry as long as he has this value and start a complete rebuild. Their time is over, they wont compete in this era anymore.
Like Reply
(12-23-2020, 03:25 AM)wisco Wrote: If they choose that route, they better trade Curry as long as he has this value and start a complete rebuild. Their time is over, they wont compete in this era anymore.

Curry is their Dirk. A lot of teams wanted us to trade Dirk too. Don't see the Warriors ever doing Curry like that.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-23-2020, 02:20 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I think no one ever argued that Wiggins was good. It was more about Mavs getting draft compensations or a quality starter like RoCo as well.
Nah there were definitely people who argued that Wiggins could be good if he was just given a chance on the right team.
Like Reply
(12-22-2020, 10:32 PM)Hypermav Wrote: poor wes is being abused by kl

Kawhi abuses a lot of people, and Wes is at the end of his rope anyway.
Like Reply
(12-22-2020, 07:19 PM)mtrot Wrote: Mercy me, now watching the Nets/Warriors game on TNT.  Wow, the Nets are going to be trouble, have scored 23 points in less than six minutes! Dodgy

They've got a deep bench too. If they stay healthy, they will be a problem.
Like Reply
(12-23-2020, 12:45 AM)BolsDamols Wrote: Regular Season P is actually still pretty good
Pandemic P will still make an appearance at some point though

My fav is Playoff P...guaranteed to choke everytime and let his team down...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1341634517413457920
Like Reply
(12-22-2020, 11:05 PM)Tyler Wrote: Their payroll is just as broken as their roster. My big question is how long the Warriors will be willing to fund the most expensive non-playoff team of all time before admitting the title days are over and moving on. While everyone expects them to reload via trade, I can also see a timeline where they end up doing whatever they can to unload a bunch of money.

By the end of the year, Golden State could have 2 of the top 5 worst contracts in the league between Draymond and Wiggins. And I believe Draymond has all kinds of trade kickers.   If he continues his physical decline it's not long until he's basically Paul Millsap with a gigantic ego and poor shot selection with 4 years/100 milliion remaining on his contract.    The shelf life of 6'6" 4/5s isn't long.     I know part of the appeal of Wiseman is kicking Draymond to more of a fulltime conventional 4, but that takes away part of what made Draymond unique.
Like Reply
I guess we'll hold off on reserving Talen Horton-Tucker's space in the basketball Hall of Fame for a little while longer.
Like Reply
(12-23-2020, 04:19 AM)Branduil Wrote: Nah there were definitely people who argued that Wiggins could be good if he was just given a chance on the right team.

I think the talk when Wiggins was traded was that he was a reclamation project that Kerr and GS thought could be made to fit their system. Unfortunately, he's been there through a lot of team injuries, Curry/Green/Thompson, and has never had the luxury of not being a first or second option.

I'm not defending him. I think he's a bit of a bust myself and I'm glad he didn't become a DAL problem.
Like Reply
(12-23-2020, 09:44 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: I guess we'll hold off on reserving Talen Horton-Tucker's space in the basketball Hall of Fame for a little while longer.

I want him for nothing else besides his 7'10 wingspan. haha
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...5990277120

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...7484470272

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...7727744009

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...8247802881
Like Reply