Poll: With the current injuries, defensive struggles, and rumors swirling what would you do with KP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hold on to him! --- This will pass and he will be an elite player once he can get in game shape and put these unlucky injuries behind him.
47.69%
31 47.69%
Trade him this deadline in March! --- His value is possibly at the highest it will be and the Mavs need to get whatever they can in return for him.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Give him the rest of the season, then trade him this summer! --- Let KP get back and play himself back into shape/health and increase his trade value, but then move him this summer because clearly he is not the right fit next to Luka and with RC.
24.62%
16 24.62%
Something else....post below.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS
(03-30-2021, 11:24 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I agree 100%. He is playing with a bit more courage out there. Seems like he's more confident in his body than he was a few weeks back. I hope that's a good thing, and not a one-way ticket back to the operating table.
I'm so right there with you, as much as I like seeing this KP and knew he had it in him still. The more injuries, the less of that KP we'll see until he's fully broke.
Like Reply
(03-30-2021, 11:24 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: He is playing with a bit more courage out there.

I also interpret it as him playing more in the flow of the offense rather than feeling like he has to think about every move a few seconds before acting. If he can keep that up, I suspect a lot of the perceived friction between KP and the rest of the offense will quickly evaporate.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1377...37889?s=21

https://twitter.com/calliecaplan/status/...09025?s=21
Like Reply
(03-30-2021, 09:46 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: For sure they will do that at some point. One thing that having so many picks does its let you move up and down to get the guy you want so there's that. Think of where the Mavs would be if they had more ammo to move up for Haliburton who they were going hard after in the draft. So it's not necessarily that OKC will cash those in on like Bradley Beal or some vet, it could just be that they are able to leverage picks to get to the spots in the draft where they can get their guy each year.

That's not anything like that.

Having assembled a mountain of later and future picks is a great way to watch MJ denying your four picks just to take Kaminsky and then Pat walks by and takes the player you are aiming for.

I still love laughing my ass about that all around and everyone of them.
Like Reply
[Image: Ex24VwsWEAAQ_E9?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 09:29 PM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1377...37889?s=21

KP has bought in to winning...another reason not to trade him...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 09:29 PM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1377...37889?s=21

Translation: KP's height advantage on offense does not offset his disadvantages on defense. This is our max player Rick, make them adjust to us
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 11:01 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Translation: KP's height advantage on offense does not offset his disadvantages on defense. This is our max player Rick, make them adjust to us

100%

If you cannot play your 2nd best player in ANY clutch scenario (minus foul trouble or a single specific play) then he needs to be traded or the coach needs to be fired. 

Just ridiculous.
Like Reply
The only difference between Avery Johnson and Rick Carlisle is the officiating from their respective NBA Finals appearances. And maybe a little white privilege.
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 11:01 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Translation: KP's height advantage on offense does not offset his disadvantages on defense. This is our max player Rick, make them adjust to us

Yeah its shocking how many times KP set up in the post to punish the smaller Celtics and was completely ignored by the rest of the team

So yes I understand benching him. If the team is going to be at a disadvantage on defense and NOT take advantage of his offense, then the bench is the only logical solution

Of course, other coaches will notice this and go small too which means that KP should get used to being benched in the 4th
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 11:09 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 100%

If you cannot play your 2nd best player in ANY clutch scenario (minus foul trouble or a single specific play) then he needs to be traded or the coach needs to be fired. 

Just ridiculous.

What's ridiculous is your nonsens take right there,  You're a good poster, but that's probably the dumbest take I've seen you post here.  We all know (or we should) that when they got to the oress-foul-free throw stage they took Shaq out and though KP isnt Shaq, Shaq qa their second best or best player.  He's not the only one either.  He's just the biggest example.

You guys need to stop letting your KP hate drive your brain...you are swerving all over the place and running into stuff.

Come on, bro...be better.

EDIT:  It's so bad that, upon re-reading, I honestly wonder if you are being facetious.  If you are, then I apologize.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
trade him for Robin Lopez
Like Reply
Mavs VS Boston.
I dont see why benching your best defensive player of the game helps to counter "extremely small lineup" of Boston. KP got a nice steal, a broken up pass between Kemba Walker and Mo Wagner. The way he intercepted, anticipating a pass at the top of the perimeter reminded me of a athletic small forward, instead of center.

Rick, when you counter a strategy, your suppose to hit em before getting hit, instead you got hit harder and nearly lost the game. Now if the next opposing team decides to play "extremely small lineup" it will be on Ricks pride to continue the same strategy and bench KP, rather than ride with him till the end.
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 11:57 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: What's ridiculous is your nonsens take right there,  You're a good poster, but that's probably the dumbest take I've seen you post here.  We all know (or we should) that when they got to the oress-foul-free throw stage they took Shaq out and though KP isnt Shaq, Shaq qa their second best or best player.  He's not the only one either.  He's just the biggest example.

You guys need to stop letting your KP hate drive your brain...you are swerving all over the place and running into stuff.

Come on, bro...be better.

EDIT:  It's so bad that, upon re-reading, I honestly wonder if you are being facetious.  If you are, then I apologize.
Shaq was taken out cause it became hack-a-Shaq and the max player, Shaq, couldn’t hit a free throw. Completely different situations.
Like Reply
BTW, the C's managed to get 5 mins 32 secs out of Luke Kornet in the 4th quarter. We got 2 mins 15 secs out of KP. 

Also, why was Marcus Smart the only choice for KP to guard? Evan Fournier got all but 24 secs of play in the 4th. That sounds like the best target for him to guard.
Like Reply
(04-01-2021, 06:06 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Shaq was taken out cause it became hack-a-Shaq and the max player, Shaq, couldn’t hit a free throw. Completely different situations.

Shaq was taken out because he couldnt do what was necessary.  If he could hit free throws, he would have been in the games.  Yhe comment was if you cant play you 2nd best player in every clutch situation then the player should be traded or the coach fired...which took about 30 seconds to destroy that "truism"....

Besides, Hack a Shaq is a foolish generalization because the problem was them putting him on the line, it was because he couldn't handle the ball as well aa a G or SF and he couldnt hit free throws.  Hack a Shaq wasnt employed in the last two minutes either.

Stop the nonsense.  You know I'm right, but you just want to find a reason to feel justified to complain and here you dont have one.  As it is when folks turn on a dude, any excuse will do.

(04-01-2021, 06:23 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: BTW, the C's managed to get 5 mins 32 secs out of Luke Kornet in the 4th quarter. We got 2 mins 15 secs out of KP. 

Also, why was Marcus Smart the only choice for KP to guard? Evan Fournier got all but 24 secs of play in the 4th. That sounds like the best target for him to guard.

That also is a dumb justitfication.  There's so much wrong with that, I wont take the time to explain it (and you know it).  Try that on someone who doesnt know basketball and didnt watch the game and you might be avle to stat bluff your way through...but not with me.  Try again.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(04-01-2021, 07:02 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: Shaq was taken out because he couldnt do what was necessary.  If he could hit free throws, he would have been in the games.  Yhe comment was if you cant play you 2nd best player in every clutch situation then the player should be traded or the coach fired...which took about 30 seconds to destroy that "truism"....

Besides, Hack a Shaq is a foolish generalization because the problem was them putting him on the line, it was because he couldn't handle the ball as well aa a G or SF and he couldnt hit free throws.  Hack a Shaq wasnt employed in the last two minutes either.
Man, you are helllbent on always being right. Hack-a-Shaq was a later in his career development to handle Shaq throughout, and especially at the end of, the games (including the last 2 minutes). You know I'm right (just throwing it back at you). Shaq was traded around and a journeyman later in his career because of it (I'm right, you're wrong...so childish).

(04-01-2021, 07:02 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: That also is a dumb justitfication.  There's so much wrong with that, I wont take the time to explain it (and you know it).  Try that on someone who doesnt know basketball and didnt watch the game and you might be avle to stat bluff your way through...but not with me.  Try again.
More aggression in this post than Luka had in the 4th quarter.
Like Reply
(03-31-2021, 11:20 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: The only difference between Avery Johnson and Rick Carlisle is the officiating from their respective NBA Finals appearances. And maybe a little white privilege.

Can we get a sticky with RCs coaching record before he joined the Mavs? Feels like most posters aren´t old enough to remember that RC made the ECFs in 03 with the Pistons and 04 with the Pacers. Was COY in his first season as a head coach.
Like Reply
(04-01-2021, 08:04 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Can we get a sticky with RCs coaching record before he joined the Mavs? Feels like most posters aren´t old enough to remember that RC made the ECFs in 03 with the Pistons and 04 with the Pacers. Was COY in his first season as a head coach.
Not a full on RC hater, but honestly, the comparison to Avery hit me as pretty spot on (I mean, Avery was pretty good until the team stopped listening to him). 

Sure he did some good things with the Pacers and Pistons, he was also let go because of his demeanor and stubbornness. I remember criticisms of him not playing rookies back then too, lots of people defending him in those accusations with Prince. 

I think there is something to all of it, but you take the good with the bad and hope that most of the time the good outweighs the bad.
Like Reply
(04-01-2021, 08:15 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: (I mean, Avery was pretty good until the team stopped listening to him).

It was the things he did that got people to stop listening to him that was the problem
Like Reply