Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR & 8.5 Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
41.67%
5 41.67%
Clippers
58.33%
7 58.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 5: DAL (2-3) @ LAC (3-2) | 111-154 loss
(08-25-2020, 01:39 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: With KP out, that means more shots for Kleber!  Confused

Yeah, and he's bound to make some of them! Last game, he already had a couple of threes rattle in and out, so I guess he's getting there...

I get that he sometimes has that deer in a headlight-look on hisf ace, but it's his first time in the playoffs after all, plus he went from a situational role player to full-time starter.

#teammaxi #hometownhero #veitshöchheim
Like Reply
(08-25-2020, 12:41 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 12:36 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://media.giphy.com/media/M4iOAkEAPwAnK/giphy.gif

Smile Look at it this way - if they can beat Clippers without KP through most of the series, they should seriously consider trading him, because they obviously don't really need him.

[Image: giphy.gif]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(08-25-2020, 01:59 PM)Davevoid Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 01:39 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: With KP out, that means more shots for Kleber!  Confused

Yeah, and he's bound to make some of them! Last game, he already had a couple of threes rattle in and out, so I guess he's getting there...

I get that he sometimes has that deer in a headlight-look on hisf ace, but it's his first time in the playoffs after all, plus he went from a situational role player to full-time starter.

#teammaxi #hometownhero #veitshöchheim

Man I keep thinking if Kleber can just get one of those to go in...the guy needs some confidence
Like Reply
(08-25-2020, 12:36 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://media.giphy.com/media/M4iOAkEAPwAnK/giphy.gif

Smile Look at it this way - if they can beat Clippers without KP through most of the series, they should seriously consider trading him, because they obviously don't really need him.

Once again, I'd do something on the level of KP for Ayton, Bridges, and Oubre. I don't think the Suns do that, but if they call with that proposal, I'm listening. That gives us a full starting lineup, while the Suns would have an arguably nicer foundation with Booker and KP. Ayton doesn't fit our system, but he's going to be one of the league's dominant big men.
Like Reply
(08-25-2020, 02:48 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

Smile Look at it this way - if they can beat Clippers without KP through most of the series, they should seriously consider trading him, because they obviously don't really need him.

Once again, I'd do something on the level of KP for Ayton, Bridges, and Oubre. I don't think the Suns do that, but if they call with that proposal, I'm listening. That gives us a full starting lineup, while the Suns would have an arguably nicer foundation with Booker and KP. Ayton doesn't fit our system, but he's going to be one of the league's dominant big men.

You are not getting Ayton for KP straight up. Between his injury history and Porzingis being a bit of a character, that´s not such an easy deal to make. An expiring All-Star level player with some baggage like Oladipo or Gobert is the most likely centerpiece.

A lot would also depend on who initiates the contact. If the Mavs actively seek a Porzingis trade, the logical conclusion is that he´s damaged goods physically, because his on-court performance is outstanding.

On the other hand, if teams with expirers like Oladipo or Gobert come to you, you can make demands.

This is a delicate situation, so I´m the Mavs going forward:

1. I manage his body (more carefully than they have so far)
2. I´m not opposed to listening
3. I´m not actively shopping him
Like Reply
(08-25-2020, 09:51 AM)omahen Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 08:21 AM)michaeltex Wrote: A key factor I haven't heard discussed much is that the Mavs have proven in all four games that they can take what should be a knockout punch from the LACs and come back to keep it competitive.

It looks like Clippers are a better team when they are fully engaded. But as Doc Rivers said, they are worse psychologically. They just stop playing and allow Mavs to get back in. Happened in game 1 after that great start (they were saved by refs), happened again in game 4. Game 2 they didn't look right from the first second. Even game 3, while relatively safely cruising to the win, they never pushed away Mavs completely. 

I expect Clippers will start very aggresive from the beginning. I also expect they will work very hard not to switch on Luka PnR. They might even bench Harrell and Jackson who are both being abused on defense. We might see more of their small ball lineup. If they really are a contender, this is a game to show it. Winner of this game is very certain to take the series imho.

KP will be needed and his game very important for the Mavs - Luka will need help, as I expect Clippers to really focus on him this time. Maxi and DFS scoring a couple of open threes might be crucial. And please don't let George get back into this series. Destroy his rhytm from first second on.

No way are they benching Lou or Harrell. They need Lou's scoring (especially with PG tanking) and they need Harrell's energy even if he's off his game. I don't think they win 2 straight without KP. Can Burke, THJ, Curry and others shoot the ball as well as last game? That's the key. If they don't Clippers will prevail.
Like Reply
Lou is really tough to stop. I think he is going to kill us again tonight.
Like Reply
(08-25-2020, 04:19 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: No way are they benching Lou

Never said they will be benching him. I said Jackson.
Like Reply
Many of the above comments and predictions could come true. But....who has accurately predicted any of these games. They have all been incredibly interesting and soooooo much fun. Keep them coming with at least 60% in our favor please. 

I am really bummed for and about KP. Hopefully, a few days will do the trick because he will so benefit from more playoff games. I hope a lot more games this season!

I do foresee some new body preparation work for him based on this seasons experience and observation by KP himself and our crack team.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
You guys are really annoying, would you rather have KP bust his other knee and have him out for another what 18 + months, or would you like to nip this in the bud, correct it so that, this wont be an issue anymore? I prefer the latter. We knew what we were getting when we traded and signed for him. Since the bubble hes been playing amazing. This is just my hypothesis.

Yeah he rested for 4 months, but how much of it had to do with playing intense basketball? The answer is probably 0. Then the bubble comes a long and they are playing every other day. Only game he missed was the b2b game in the 8 game restart. Playoffs come along and for 2 games straight he plays over 38 minutes (more than hes ever played). You also have to consider the fact that hes favoring his right knee over his left knee cause hes scared of damaging the knee he tore. This is his first year back to actual basketball life. Give him a break.
Like Reply
Even though RC so far has won most of the tactical battles, I sure hope they are prepared for Doc finally giving Zubac 30, 35 minutes. He's been their biggest problem for the Mavs, but gladly his coach refused to see this.
Like Reply
I predict Kleber finds his shot again tonight. He has always had cold streaks but they have never lasted...all year long. I think he steps up even though he has so much responsibility on defense. I would like to see DFS do the same but the dings he is experiencing make me worry. He creates so many hustle opportunities for us.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
Wee need to be grateful for the fact where we are right now. Being tied 2-2 is an amazing feat in of itself. We were not supposed to be this close with this team. KP's ejection, Lukas injury mid 3rd quarter. KP's knee soreness. Refs against us, everything against us and we are still tied. I would rather be in the position where we are now than be the Rockets. This year was KP's first year back in almost 2 years away from basketball. This is going to take time and it will be corrected. His body is not used to this, not the playoffs and not the intensity of the 8 games in the bubble which was every other day. Nor the increase in time being played in the playoffs. Hes played over 80 minutes combined of basketball time in game 2 and 3. If we are lucky to take game five then that just works out great for him and for us since hes resting and ready to dominate.

This is also a blessing in disguise, guys like T-Burke and Seth are really stepping up, we have nothing to lose this year. Focus on next year, KP's and Lukas health and grow. We were expected to be swept. Be grateful for where we are.
Like Reply
(08-25-2020, 04:31 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 04:19 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: No way are they benching Lou

Never said they will be benching him. I said Jackson.

I stand corrected. Jackson shouldn't be getting crunch time mins anyway. Lou had 36 off the bench, he's a hand full. If PG finally shows up, I don't see Dallas winning without KP. Luka has to do too much.
Like Reply
If Lou starts going off, have Burke pester him, and try ball denial.
Like Reply
It is kinda funny that Laker fans/media care as much about KP not playing as Mavs fans.  Mavs are a pawn in a proxy war lol.
Like Reply
We better get used to it. A lot of people only discovered what Luka is capable of on Sunday, so he's the talk of the town right now. There'll be a lot of scrutiny these next years.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1298...36586?s=20

Well, just need 4 more.

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1298...62593?s=20

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1298...76579?s=20
Like Reply
Let’s go Mavs!
Like Reply
(08-25-2020, 04:42 PM)Sepher Wrote: You guys are really annoying, would you rather have KP bust his other knee and have him out for another what 18 + months, or would you like to nip this in the bud, correct it so that, this wont be an issue anymore? I prefer the latter.  We knew what we were getting when we traded and signed for him. Since the bubble hes been playing amazing. This is just my hypothesis.

Yeah he rested for 4 months, but how much of it had to do with playing intense basketball? The answer is probably 0. Then the bubble comes a long and they are playing every other day. Only  game he missed was the b2b game in the 8 game restart. Playoffs come along and for 2 games straight he plays over 38 minutes (more than hes ever played). You also have to consider the fact that hes favoring his right knee over his left knee cause hes scared of damaging the knee he tore. This is his first year back to actual basketball life. Give him a break.

Oh no, we need to be careful with KP. But hopefully we had Casey Smith sprain Luka's other ankle and had someone hack Patrick Beverly's twitter account and have it call Luka a hoe ass honky before the game. Because if we did that Luka would go for 70-20-20
Like Reply