Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR & 8.5 Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
41.67%
5 41.67%
Clippers
58.33%
7 58.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 5: DAL (2-3) @ LAC (3-2) | 111-154 loss
(08-25-2020, 10:53 PM)Dundalis Wrote: I'd be tempted to not play either Luka or KP again.

Don't overreact.

If they're injured that's one thing. But quitting is not the way to finish this.
Like Reply
It's a bad game. No doubt about it.

KP plays next game, Dallas can tie the series.
Like Reply
Even if KP does come back, don't see them overcoming this ass whipping. Clippers smell blood in the water now. And you know they're watching what the Lakers are doing.
Like Reply
BTW, one of the TNT announcers was talking about KP's knee late in the game. He mentioned that it's a contact injury from game 1 that Dallas has been monitoring ever since. If true, that certainly explains the caution. Hopefully he'll be ready for game 6.
Like Reply
I expect the Mavs to give it their best Thursday.
Like Reply
Gotta turn the page on this one and just pray that KP is able to suit up for the next two. Mavs going to have to play within themselves and not let all the clippers jawing throw them off either.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...54816?s=20
Like Reply
(08-25-2020, 10:35 PM)Hypermav Wrote: https://twitter.com/EmmanuelAcho/status/...48864?s=20
Multi game suspension imo. Considering it was dead ball and not a live play.
Like Reply
Mark has already called the league office and sent in the tape through official channels. I don't think the league can establish intent so nothing happens. But, a stern private message from the league to the Clippers front office about not ruining the league by injury our most marketable stars would be just fine with me. By the way, do I think the waste of basketball space did it on purpose, absolutely Yes.

The Clippers have always been the hard to describe why they do what they do Clippers. Sadly, they still bring those guys in. I honestly didn't know Marcus Morris was a guy like that but I should have known if the Clippers signed him. 

I hope they enjoyed their truly epic shooting night tonight. It still didn't take away our much more memorable win last night or our win in game 2. They are still the 2nd rate team in LA even if they do win a title some day. I think they have blown way to much Karma to win this year.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/a90_jesse/status/129...7740051463
Like Reply
(08-25-2020, 10:56 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 10:53 PM)Dundalis Wrote: I'd be tempted to not play either Luka or KP again. We aren't winning the championship, and the health of both Luka and KP is way way more important than playing this out. They have both got a really good taste of the playoffs and both had super confidence boosting performances. Of course the Mavs almost certainly won't do it unless they both legitimately just can't play, but I'd do it to put their future health first.

Sorry, but this is such a losers take. Of course they have to play any minute they possibly can. With that logic, why did they even bother playing the season. They weren't winning the championship, so they should just sit out...
I really don't care. Why did we bother playing, is a ridiculous overstatement. Live in reality, we aren't winning a title, which is the only goal. Be short term sighted if you want though. Seen too many careers destroyed by unnecessarily playing players with injuries. It would be different if these guys are towards the end of their careers, or they weren't generational type talents with long careers ahead of them.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/i/status/1298503621600899072

Morris is a piece of garbage. End of. I´d rather lose in the 1st round ten times than win a championship with that human trash.
Like Reply
Did anyone else recognize how Doc Rivers was in the ears of the officials all game long complaining about each and every call? That's probably the reason for his raucous voice after each game. Incredibly weak how he tries to influence the refs but I guess it's working.

I counted the clearly and provable wrong calls in favour of the Mavs as well as in favour of the Clippers in game 3 and in the first quarter of game 5:
Game 5 in the first quarter: 5 clearly wrong calls in favour of the Clippers resulting in minimum 7+ points for the Clippers
Game 3: 11-2 clearly wrong calls in favour of the Clippers resulting in minimum +13 pts for the Clippers.

Additionally, we all know what happened in game 2.
Like Reply
(08-25-2020, 10:39 PM)Hypermav Wrote: We wanted the Mavs to get experience good and bad.  That certainly happened.

True. And they've shown a lot of heart, so far.
Like Reply