Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Should Harrell be suspended?
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1...05473?s=20
Like Reply
(08-22-2020, 10:50 AM)haveitall Wrote: https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1...05473?s=20
Yes. I think so. For that and because he’s little bitch.
Like Reply
(08-22-2020, 10:50 AM)haveitall Wrote: https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1...05473?s=20
Well we all know that he should be suspended, but we also know the NBA are huge hypocrites. Promote Black Lives Matter, while tolerating racial abuse during a game would not be shocking in the least.
Like Reply
Lol, not going to happen with Harrell's black privilege. A suspension would be pretty soft though, though they do kind of owe us a soft favor after game 1
Like Reply
People have become so sensitive. It is a very simple fact that Harrell is black and Luka is white. So for me calling Harrell black boy and Luka white boy is not racist. Racist is saying something like white boys are stupid. White boy is same as if he would have called him fat boy, slow boy or whatever other physical appearance descriptive. Or if Luka called Harrell p**** a** ponytale boy.

But I agree, if Luka called Harrell black boy, he would have made headlines and be the national story, reading public apology statements before next game. And this is something for BLM activists to think about.
Like Reply
Honestly I think people should stop being snowflakes, but at this age and time I think 1 game suspension could happen. 
That said, I don't think there is hard feeling about this, guys are competing, Trez had just lost his grandmother and it seems they were close. Either decision is right.
Like Reply
Oh brother. No suspension. They sure as hell should start calling some plain old fouls though.
Like Reply
(08-22-2020, 11:46 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: NBA are huge hypocrites

I love how the NBA casually glossed over the blatant antisemitism that occurred with Stephen Jackson and a host of its players over the summer. Where was Lebron when Wade supported DeSean Jackson loving a dude espousing Hitler's views? 

I hate this. It feels like the oppression Olympics. No one wins. But if you want to denounce and prop up a particular type of oppression, then ALL forms of oppression must be denounced equally. Don't even bring up Hong Kong and the NBA crafting corporate approved phrases so as to not upset their China overlords. 

NBA is only promoting BLM is because it is the culturally "in" thing right now. 

Racism is disgusting. What happened in Minneapolis is disgusting. I don't need the NBA and a bunch of millionaires/billionaires to virtue signal to me that it was disgusting while hilariously being so hypocritical it makes me mad.

Harrell shouldn't deserve a suspension in normal times. But everyone is so sensitive, and given the cultural climate the NBA is propping up then Harrell should be handed a 5 game suspension. 

But will it happen? I would eat a shoe if it does. However with the NBA and their double standard, if Luka so as even hinted to anything racist he'd be cancelled before the NBA could read his lips.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
As much as I dislike Harrell and for what he said, just let this go, lets not make BB politically correct. Besides Luka knows himself whose the bigger (best) player, and whose the bottom feeder.
Like Reply
I don't care at all about the race aspect and have nothing to say about it. 

On the other hand, what makes me tremble with rage is Harrell thinking Luka is a pu***. Regardless of Harrell's race or Luka's, as a Mavs fan, that's a stupid and uproariously offensive opinion that merits Harrell's richard being ripped off and shoved up his left nostril. Since that's not going to happen, I am okay with Luka dunking on his punk a$$ a few times in years to come.

Oh, and by the way, some folks were saying in the game thread that we needed to get Harrell in the offseason. I think it's safe to say after this game that he ain't coming here if he has anything to say about it.
Like Reply
(08-22-2020, 02:57 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I don't care at all about the race aspect and have nothing to say about it. 

On the other hand, what makes me tremble with rage is Harrell thinking Luka is a pu***.
I think this issue changes when it elevates from trash talk confined to the floor to language that they are showing on TV for everyone watching to see or hear. 

At that point, the NBA will need to think about whether it wants to broadcast racist, sexist, homophobic, and other remarks that are grossly offensive to large societal groups as the face of what they are doing. 

I don't look for anything to happen as a result of this particular incident. But if this gets to be a thing on television, they may need to re-think it. Presenting these types of bigoted insults would not be consistent with the NBA's generally inclusive attitudes.
Like Reply
(08-22-2020, 11:20 AM)BasketballJones41 Wrote:
Yes. I think so. For that and because he’s little bitch.

Lol, agreed. What's the deal with his hair anyway.
Like Reply
I was hung up for quite awhile trying to write a witty post about racial injustice, but the post would have been much too long.  Certainly racial injustice exists.  I think it is only when we can look into a mirror, and at each other, and see only another American will we begin to make progress in defeating such injustice.  When I look into a mirror I see...me.  I don't see a German, Scottish, Irish, English American.  I just see an American.  I'm not going to lie and say I have no prejudice because I do...more now than when I was a kid.  We all have prejudice.  But I don't understand why this racial injustice occurs...and is getting worse.  The older I get, I'm 73, the less I understand about the problems of this world.  I am concerned.

Harrell's actions and words are an embarrassment, but so are the actions and words of a good portion of the sporting world.  There is such a thing as free speech, but we all know it doesn't work both ways...nor any ways sometimes.  Suspension...no.  But if I was the NBA I would probably mention to all that this type of action is not the face the NBA wants to show the world.  Ah well...go figure.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1297617379992707073
Like Reply
Interesting. We'll see how this transpires to the court.
Like Reply
Props to Harrell for apologizing. Didn't think he had it in him; glad to be proved wrong.
Like Reply
I do think that Gundy on the broadcast is right: the NBA is opening themselves up to all sorts of criticism by seemingly having a "double standard."
Like Reply
I think a fine like Van gundy said would have been good 75,000
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...2752597002
Like Reply
Harrell is terrible. Please suspend Zubac.
Like Reply