Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THJ (17 pts 3 asts)
0%
0 0%
KP (23 pts, 7 rbds)
3.23%
1 3.23%
Luka (+11, 28 pts, 7 asts, 8 rbds)
3.23%
1 3.23%
Burke (16 pts, 2 stls, 2 asts, 3 rbds)
54.84%
17 54.84%
Seth (+30, 15 pts, 3 asts, 3 rbds)
25.81%
8 25.81%
Boban (+12, 13 pts, 9 rbds)
12.90%
4 12.90%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 2 DIRKIE: Winner Burke (55%) | Runners-up Seth (26%) & Boban (13%)
Brick 
Who was the "player of the game" who elevated his game above normal to help the team win?
Like Reply
Mavs bench...

Burke was the biggest contributor of all the bench guys...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Burke was integral to the win. Same with KP, Seth, DFS, THJ, and Boban.

But Luka was the driver that led the team. He gets the Dirkie.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Seth for me.
Like Reply
First of all....PUT THE BROOMS AWAY!!!!!

I knew Seth was good but +30. That is a big wow and gets the Dirkie vote from me.

The bench was great. Rick gets a vote for his combinations under Luka foul trouble duress. Trey Burke doesn't need a Dirkie because he just won a contract, probably from us. 

I don't know that this win means a lot for any other game but it is always good to win a playoff game, unusual or not. 

I will sleep well tonight Rolleyes
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
Trey Burke - the hero that we did not anticipate, but the one that we needed
Like Reply
Burke! But I can see a case for Curry.
Like Reply
Close call between Burke and Boban for me. I'll go with Burke. Getting 16 from a replacement guy was huge
Like Reply
The back court of Burke and Seth was great, they almost made it a 20 point lead. I could only vote 1 player but I'd give it to those two if I could.
Like Reply
Seth was like +30 in 26 minutes, so that's tough to pass up, but OMG if they don't get that game from Burke on a night when Luka is constantly in foul trouble then our mood is significantly different right now.

I'm going Burke.
Like Reply
This was really a team effort with a lot of guys stepping up and giving Luka a relatively easy game. Luka started, bench finished. I am giving it to Burke. His stat line is awesome for June aquisition.
Like Reply
Truly a team win.  I will go with Seth.
Like Reply
Burke gets the nod for me on account of his timely heroics down the stretch and contributions across the board.
Like Reply
The Big Man got the interview, gets my vote for Dirkie!
Like Reply
Reggie Jackson deserves a vote. Wish he would guard Luka every night.
Like Reply
Bench was great but Burke was key bc he couldn't be stopped. Sometimes the Mavs bench will struggle and take bad shots. I also think as good as KP is I don't need him taking a bunch of jump shots. Burke's looks were high percentage shots this game. Even his jumpers off the dribble looked really comfortable. He was getting to the rim at will. Burke will never be a big distributor but as long as we are getting points on the board while Luka sits, I am good with that.
Like Reply
Boban, because he turned Williams + Harrell 2nd unit into Williams + Harrell 2nd unit.
Like Reply
Ah man!  The bench was very good.  If Boban had played a little longer I might have given it to him.  Seth is certainly an option for the Dirkie.  But...I voted for Trey Burke.  Burke may be playing himself into a nice contract.  The Mavs offense seems to fit Burke well.
Like Reply
Gotta throw Rick in the poll next time if the guys pull out a similar win
Like Reply