Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danny Green
Why exactly where the MBT looking/waiting so patiently to sign for him in the off season or trading for him at the trade deadline?

He looks washed up in the bubble.  Can barley guard anyone and cant hit a three to save his life.  The Mavs were saved from themselves with him signing in LA.  He would have been more bad money on the Mavs cap.
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 12:33 PM)Playmaker Wrote: Why exactly where the MBT looking/waiting so patiently to sign for him in the off season or trading for him at the trade deadline?

He looks washed up in the bubble.  Can barley guard anyone and cant hit a three to save his life.  The Mavs were saved from themselves with him signing in LA.  He would have been more bad money on the Mavs cap.

Its a good point.  Just turning 33 though, and coming off a recent hip issue, Green could be just primed to bounce back.  The Lakers certainly hope so.  Mavs would have loved to get him, but yeah, they may be better off right now with MKG off the reclamation pile.  Tongue

Quote:
Quote:“As a shooter, that happens. We all go through phases and lulls. But the odds are in my favor at this point,” Green said on Zoom after the Lakers’ practice on Saturday. “I’m looking at the positives and the bright side of it. I have not lost any confidence, I’m not hesitating in taking my shots. I feel very comfortable and like I’m starting to get back to my normal self.[/size]
Green shot 25% from the 3-point line in the seven games he played in the bubble. He’s also been shooting 38.8% overall from the field, so he could stand to improve his shooting from everywhere for the Lakers to win in the first round and beyond.
Like Reply
He was bad in the playoffs last season and it was obvious the regression in his game from his time on the Spurs. But for some reason the Mavs still made him a priority.
Like Reply
Never want to see him in a Mavs-jersey. Just do your stupid podcast and leave us the f*** alone. The whole FA-thing was embarrassing.

What happened to his co host? Remember when that dude leaked stuff about Greene's decision? Yikes. Dude can suck it.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Also f*** Kemba Walker and all of 2019 FA. Just don't remind me.
Like Reply
I haven't watched Danny but I was sort of hoping he would have a disappointing playoffs so that the Lakers would want to dump him. If we could get him for cheap, like Wright + Jackson then that would be a good move imo. We would dump Wright's money, free up a roster spot and still have MLE to use on another wing.

I am not sure LAL would want our players but they might like them better than DG if he continues to struggle. It's also possible there could be a 3-way deal with another team where DG ends up here. Remember he had a pretty good regular season and might be playing injured right now.
Like Reply
Mavs dodged a few bullets (Miami trade, Beverley). Green isn´t the player he used to be but I think he is still good enough to play 20+ minutes on most teams. LeBron apologists are just back to their usual game. Looking through sports media today it is the same story all over again. Davis was a DPOY/top 5 player all year. Now he is not good enough. Remember what happened to Love and Bosh. Same story. Just a new scapegoat. Same for the supporting cast. One year it was Chalmers fault. Next year it was JR Smith. The only one that is never responsible for his teams results is LBJ.

Can we just admit that LeBron is not what he used to be. His half court offense was mediocre all season long and has been terrible in the bubble. Right now he is playing like Mavs or Kings Rondo. Dominating the ball for 20s and forcing his teammates to take bad shots late in the clock. He is playing good defense but that´s not enough. The Lakers don´t have a single player that can get penetration or beat his defender of the dribble.
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 01:47 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Miami trade

Why was that a dodged bullet? Either combination discussed would be a big upgrade over Lee and would not hurt our 2021 FA dream. 

1) Dragic is excellent for Miami off the bench. 
2) Olynik is a very servicable big man that would look great next to Doncic. Certainly more useful than WCS. Half the board here want to sign DJJ in the offseason
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 02:26 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 01:47 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Miami trade

Why was that a dodged bullet? Either combination discussed would be a big upgrade over Lee and would not hurt our 2021 FA dream. 

1) Dragic is excellent for Miami off the bench. 
2) Olynik is a very servicable big man that would look great next to Doncic. Certainly more useful than WCS. Half the board here want to sign DJJ in the offseason

Remember the details. Miami thought the Mavs wanted all 3. Mavs themself said they only want Olynyk and DJJ. Mavs would have wasted their entire capspace on those 3 players. That´s not what I call a succesful offseason.
What the Mavs did afterwards wasn´t great either but I prefer Curry and Boban over Olynyk. Dragic and DJJ would habe been rentals. Both are FA this year. Olynyk has a player option in 2021. That´s the Mavs max capspace window.
I am also not as high on DJJ. Great athlet and dunker but that´s it. Maybe slightly above average on defense.
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 02:51 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Miami thought the Mavs wanted all 3

First time I hear this. The way I remembered was Miami thought they were trading Dragic and Dallas wanted Olynik+Jones. There would be plenty of cap for Curry/Boban and we wouldn't make the Wright mistake. And I don't see a problem resigning either of DJJ or Dragic if we liked them, as we would have their bird rights
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 03:00 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 02:51 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Miami thought the Mavs wanted all 3

First time I hear this. The way I remembered was Miami thought they were trading Dragic and Dallas wanted Olynik+Jones. There would be plenty of cap for Curry/Boban and we wouldn't make the Wright mistake. And I don't see a problem resigning either of DJJ or Dragic if we liked them, as we would have their bird rights

Funny thing is I think either Dragic or Olynyk + Jones would have been better than signing Green. All 3 wouldn't have been bad either, you saw what Dragic did for Miami yesterday, Olynyk can stretch and defend down low, and DJJ would have added some needed defensive help. As to Green I never got why we wanted him, he looked washed up in last year's playoffs

I still say lobbing whatever it took to get Brogdon here was the move we should have made though.
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 03:00 PM)omahen Wrote:

Miami needed to get rid of all 3 to create max capspace for Butler.
Like Reply
Did Olynyk ever learn to play defense? I haven't been watching him in the playoffs but any time I have seen Olynyk he is basically a zero on that end. As a role guy he is fine but Mavs need difference makers and guys that play defense. Olynyk would have done well here but the prize was DJJ. That's who the Mavs wanted to get from Miami. That's the type of young, athletic, defensive wing (and cheap) wing they were aiming for.

I liked PatBev and Green this summer, definitely agree that DG was not worth waiting for. That was just ridiculous. Mavs lost out on other options waiting for him. PatBev would have done a great job as a defensive tone-setter on offense. Mavs missed out on much bigger/better options that those two sadly in a year when they had tons of cap space.
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 03:20 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Miami needed to get rid of all 3 to create max capspace for Butler.

It was either Dragic or Jones+Olynik

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/Arti...133337273/
Like Reply
Yup that's why I was not a fan of going after him for that price. His effectiveness here would not be the same as when he was playing with a better roster in SA and Toronto.
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 05:23 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 03:20 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Miami needed to get rid of all 3 to create max capspace for Butler.

Thanks for the clarification. But isn´t that even worse. Max capspace and the options are a one year rental of Dragic or eating Olynyks bad contract to get a look at DJJ.
Not really sure if that´s better than the current situation. Especially if you consider that the DJJ is a free agent this summer.
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 05:46 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 05:23 PM)omahen Wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. But isn´t that even worse. Max capspace and the options are a one year rental of Dragic or eating Olynyks bad contract to get a look at DJJ.
Not really sure if that´s better than the current situation. Especially if you consider that the DJJ is a free agent this summer.

We were all WTF-ing for an hour while news was coming out. The Dragic idea made sense at first but then it morphed into Olynyk + DJJ which made no sense to anybody at the time. I guess the Mavs were seeing if they could get Dragic or DJJ somehow? No idea what anybody thought which is why the whole thing fell apart.
Like Reply
(08-19-2020, 01:14 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Never want to see him in a Mavs-jersey. Just do your stupid podcast and leave us the f*** alone. The whole FA-thing was embarrassing.

What happened to his co host? Remember when that dude leaked stuff about Greene's decision? Yikes. Dude can suck it.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Also f*** Kemba Walker and all of 2019 FA. Just don't remind me.
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1296...50754?s=20
Like Reply
I was really hoping Green would NOT choose the Mavs. I never like his game.

Mavs need shot-creators.

Marcus Morris is still on top of my list.
Like Reply
(08-11-2020, 01:37 AM)khaled1987 Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 06:43 PM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: nice job how is it 
Thj for D.Green 
Lakers get a scorer they need 
Dallas Elite Defender
champion experience 

I don't get fans and MBT fascination with DGreen 
He was bad from 3PT line in the playoffs for 3 consecutive years. Last season he was arguably the worst rotation player in the Raptors. 
He might fit nicely in our regular season, but as it stands right now we can make playoffs with current roster with internal improvement.I don't see the need for him tbh

This is what I said on the trade discussion 9 days ago.
Green has been done for sometime in playoffs, which is what we need to consider when adding any player.
May be he will rebound from this slump, but past 3 years suggest otherwise

(08-19-2020, 01:47 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Can we just admit that LeBron is not what he used to be. His half court offense was mediocre all season long and has been terrible in the bubble. Right now he is playing like Mavs or Kings Rondo. Dominating the ball for 20s and forcing his teammates to take bad shots late in the clock. He is playing good defense but that´s not enough. The Lakers don´t have a single player that can get penetration or beat his defender of the dribble.

Agree with that, but media will always keep riding the narrative that he is great.
I mean look at NBA superstars right now, and look at their nationalities and age: 
You have Lebron, Curry, Harden, KD all born in the 80's. 31 or older for all of them. With 2 out for season with injuries. KD might never be the same and Curry is a great shooter who has done a surgery on his hand.

Then you have players who are in late 20's like Kawhi, Klay (not really a super star) and PG. Only Kawhi is true super star but he lacks charisma for the league. AD same thing.
After that? Giaanis? Greek. Jokic? Serbian. Siakem and Embiid? Cameroon. Luka? Slovenia. 
There is a reason the league is pushing Zion narrative so hard, and why media folks like SAS try to push Tatum into Luka level during debates. 
The league lacks an American player to be the face of the league once the old guards fade from stardom. Until it happens they will push for Lebron as hard as they can.
The league had smooth transitions for decades, with likes of Kareem, Magic, Bird, MJ, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan,Lebron, Curry, KD. 
Now there seem to be a possible scenario where Conference finals in couple of years featuring team best players all intertanional (Luka/Jokic in west, Siakem/Giannis in east)
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Deee909/status/1295894666550755328

Smile
Like Reply