Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
LAC in 4
11.43%
4 11.43%
LAC in 5
40.00%
14 40.00%
LAC in 6
17.14%
6 17.14%
LAC in 7
0%
0 0%
DAL in 7
17.14%
6 17.14%
DAL in 6
11.43%
4 11.43%
DAL in 5
2.86%
1 2.86%
DAL in 4
0%
0 0%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS: WC 1st Rnd - (2) LAC (4-2) vs. (7) DAL (2-4) | DAL Eliminated
Information 
https://www.mavs.com/mavs-clippers-set/

Worth noting that Denver had the lead going into the 4th against LAC and rested their starters while LAC did not. DEN didn't seem interested in playing the Mavs in the first round.
Like Reply
Clippers in 5
Like Reply
Dallas in 6. 

My dream is that the Mavs surprise some people. Imagine the hype if Luka and KP step up and play up to their potential and serve an early exit to the media darlings Clippers.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I am dreaming of that too.
But realistically I would want at least to reach 6 games without a blowout loss.
Clippers are just too much and bad fit for young team like ours with many key pieces missing.
Like Reply
So overmatched on the wing and bench that we have no chance unfortunately. I'd be happy with one win. 2 would be incredible.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Dallas in 7

It's just a prediction made with my MFFL heart not my head.

Comes down to the role players.  KP and Luka will do their thing and if the 3pt shot is falling for 4 games, it can happen.
Like Reply
We can shock them in game 1. Let them get in the game thinking it's an easy one just because they swept us in the regular season. MAXI KLEBER HAS TO START THE GAME. With Burke/Curry/Wright/MKG off the bench.
Like Reply
So THIS is where you guys ended up? Thanks for letting me know!
Like Reply
Weighting exspection vs hope, I decided to go with hope:

Dallas in 7, Rick coaching his butt off, finding lineups which LA has no idea how to counter, Luka finding yet another gear, KP continuing to be great but without fouling out at the end of games and all the role players finally clicking on defense and hitting all their shots.

I think I'm setting myself up for a big disappointment, but this what we do as fans, don't we?

PS: I think they need to bring Dirk in at least once as a real or virtual fan. He earned it to be in the first row of a Mavs playoff game (if he want's to).
Like Reply
prediction from Mavsmoneyball

^maybe fine for a grin, or two
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 07:12 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: So THIS is where you guys ended up? Thanks for letting me know!
Yes! You found us!
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 07:12 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: So THIS is where you guys ended up? Thanks for letting me know!

[Image: giphy.gif]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 04:50 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: So overmatched on the wing and bench that we have no chance unfortunately. I'd be happy with one win. 2 would be incredible.

I think so too. The no crowds thing for me makes it worse for some reason? Mavs like playing against a hostile crowd this year. At any rate I think the Clips will not mess around. I could see a couple games being close but Mavs aren't good closers and they are playing Kawhi who is arguably the best closer there is. Clips also just have more talent. Even when Luka goes nuts its not a guarantee they win. I hope we can make it interesting at least but this is literally the worst matchup for the Mavs. I would have preferred the Lakers simply bc they don't have much outside of their top 2 guys.

HE BACK
Like Reply
Clippers are too deep and experienced, Clips in 5 unfortunately.
Like Reply
Is this Mike's forum, or something you guys did on your own?

And why am I undrafted? I should've gone in the lottery, suckas.
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 08:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Is this Mike's forum, or something you guys did on your own?

Long story. Mike moved to SI. They don´t have a real community board. He tried to sell us on someting that is more or less a comment section linked to his articles. No one liked it. We were doomed. Out of nowhere Magickian arrived and saved the day. On the old board he was just a regular poster. Turns out that he was already running a bigger website. First he tried to integrate Mike but it seems like the guys at SI had no interest. He had the new board running in no time. It´s better than any of the previous sites we used. A lot of us realized that Fish did not care about his community when others could do a much better job than he ever did in no time.

To sum it up. Fish continues to post clickbait content at SI. We moved on and found a better place.
All hail the savior.
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 09:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 08:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Is this Mike's forum, or something you guys did on your own?

Long story. Mike moved to SI. They don´t have a real community board. He tried to sell us on someting that is more or less a comment section linked to his articles. No one liked it. We were doomed. Out of nowhere Magickian arrived and saved the day. On the old board he was just a regular poster. Turns out that he was already running a bigger website. First he tried to integrate Mike but it seems like the guys at SI had no interest. He had the new board running in no time. It´s better than any of the previous sites we used. A lot of us realized that Fish did not care about his community when others could do a much better job than he ever did in no time.

To sum it up. Fish continues to post clickbait content at SI. We moved on and found a better place.
All hail the savior.
I'll add that when Magickian asked Fish if he would integrate and other posters were asking what the future of the community was going to be there was nothing but the sound of crickets also...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Clips in 6.   Dodgy

The Mavs can play great offensive stretches and they have one BIG advantage, that is size on the front line IF they were to press that advantage.   
KP + Bobi are literally giants even by NBA standards.  They are too tall and too big between them for the Clippers or any other team to guard at the rim, (but the offense won't press that advantage.) 
If Dallas is shooting well and could build a lead going into critical stretches and the end game, they could press their advantage at the rim, where KP is a load to guard inside and outside.  They could hold leads that way against great defense. 
The Unicorn is finding his range lately and looking better inside where he's too long for the Clipper great defense that isn't as great against size at the rim as it is against perimeter shooters and wing play. 

Add in Boban who cannot be effectively guarded without opening up lanes and space for other shooters while Big Bobi is consistently posted at the rim and run to the rim. 

That said, Carlisle's Mavs never press an advantage at the rim.  They's mix it in almost randomly it seems, but press it consistently when the defense can't stop it?  Nope. 
They simply don't have that in their game plan.  They're going to live and die with their shooting and flow offense.  

Unfortunately against this stacked Clipper team, that type of game won't cut it. 
I give Dallas a shot at 2 games because Luka is a Wonder kid and KP looks Unicornish again.  
They could get an extra game over the more expected 5-out gentleman's sweep.
Like Reply
I'll say Clippers in 6, but not through any fault of Luka or Carlisle's. Michael Jordan got his ass kicked for 7 years before he learned how to win. Lebron didn't make the playoffs in his second season.

This is all going according to plan, and getting manhandled by the league's best team will only accelerate our Mavs' growth. We're at the beginning. This is a "waiting in line at six flags" situation.
Like Reply
(08-13-2020, 09:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'll say Clippers in 6, but not through any fault of Luka or Carlisle's. Michael Jordan got his ass kicked for 7 years before he learned how to win. Lebron didn't make the playoffs in his second season.

This is all going according to plan, and getting manhandled by the league's best team will only accelerate our Mavs' growth. We're at the beginning. This is a "waiting in line at six flags" situation.
[Image: greatadventure_seasonflash.jpg]
Like Reply