Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Hype
Howdy forum fam. We're in the playoffs!!!

Big Grin

We may need a pre-game Get Hype roll call to get this place back in gear.

Time to put aside this pandemic induced vacation and play some basketball!

Who's with me?!
Like Reply
I'm very exited, but we aren't technically in the playoffs yet.
Like Reply
Dog gone. Hadn't thought that we could tank that badly
Now if we miss the playoffs it will be all my fault!
Like Reply
Everything points to a good playoff run for the team, really hanging out for the practice games in 10 days and proper games after that.
Seems like the guys are in good spirits and bonding as a team.
Should get off to a good start and hopefully move up the ladder to avoid the Clippers.
Like Reply
Really keen on seeing how everything works with:

Luka's injuries (wrist and ankle) healed.
KP's improved comfort zone and PnR functionality
Seth's long range ability
THJ's versatility
JJB's veteran playoff experience
DFS' defense and stealth 3pt shooting

Mix in a little Carlisle seasoning and this might get pretty tasty in a few weeks.

Keep everyone healthy (Covid and otherwise) and this could be fun.
Like Reply
Is this the official we are back thread? If so. Back on duty and ready for a Mavs playoff run.
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
You have to love the joy he brings to the game...

[Image: o63zhu8w5dppff2xjbvq.gif]
Like Reply
Here are some random "preseason" thoughts

1. I love what the Mavs are doing with the names on the back of the jerseys!

2. I love the bubble chemistry the Mavs have going!

3. I heard Donnie's comments about the roster and it seems like we're headed for an 7 + 3 man playoff rotation with Luka/Seth/THJ/DFS/KP starting, Delon and Maxi as the super subs, and JJB/JJax/Bobi as the 8th, 9th and 10th guys off the bench for spot duty. 

Not sure what the warmup/seeding games will look like, but they'll narrow towards the above rotation I think for the playoffs. 

I think the arguments about what the team thinks about KP's position and whether the Mavs favor 1 big or 2 big lineups during winning time are about to get put to bed! 

4. Man, I'm really curious about how playing in the bubble impacts shooting league wide, and especially for the Mavs. If the Seth/THJ/KP/DFS/Maxi 3s are falling, lookout world. 

5. How awesome is it that Luka, KP and Seth all get time to get completely healthy! Wow. I'm not in to finding positives in a worldwide pandimic, and basketball isn't as important as real life, jobs, health, etc., but...The Mavs chances of going on a playoff run have to be higher because of the pandemic. Crazy.
Like Reply
(07-14-2020, 01:42 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Here are some random "preseason" thoughts

3. I heard Donnie's comments about the roster and it seems like we're headed for an 7 + 3 man playoff rotation with Luka/Seth/THJ/DFS/KP starting, Delon and Maxi as the super subs, and JJB/JJax/Bobi as the 8th, 9th and 10th guys off the bench for spot duty. 

Not sure what the warmup/seeding games will look like, but they'll narrow towards the above rotation I think for the playoffs. 

I think the arguments about what the team thinks about KP's position and whether the Mavs favor 1 big or 2 big lineups during winning time are about to get put to bed! 

4. Man, I'm really curious about how playing in the bubble impacts shooting league wide, and especially for the Mavs. If the Seth/THJ/KP/DFS/Maxi 3s are falling, lookout world. 

5. How awesome is it that Luka, KP and Seth all get time to get completely healthy! Wow. I'm not in to finding positives in a worldwide pandimic, and basketball isn't as important as real life, jobs, health, etc., but...The Mavs chances of going on a playoff run have to be higher because of the pandemic. Crazy.

Great post! I am excited!

P.S. Random question: are tweets embedding for you or do you have to click on them to see them?
Like Reply
Tweets are not embedding for me and I have to click to see them.  Is there a new process for posting tweets or did we lose functionality?
Like Reply
(07-14-2020, 02:48 PM)Kammrath Wrote: click

This
Like Reply
(07-14-2020, 03:05 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Tweets are not embedding for me and I have to click to see them.  Is there a new process for posting tweets or did we lose functionality?
 You probably have 3rd party tracking disabled. It has become a default setting on most, if not all, browsers and meant to improve your privacy, while surfing. That means you have to actively click on a tweet to load it´s content or you need to look into changing the security settings of your browser. Could also be an Ad-Blocker issue.
Like Reply
(07-14-2020, 03:40 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 03:05 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Tweets are not embedding for me and I have to click to see them.  Is there a new process for posting tweets or did we lose functionality?
 You probably have 3rd party tracking disabled. It has become a default setting on most, if not all, browsers and meant to improve your privacy, while surfing. That means you have to actively click on a tweet to load it´s content or you need to look into changing the security settings of your browser. Could also be an Ad-Blocker issue.
Thanks, I will check it out.  I have been using a VPN and my antivirus chrome browser lately.
Like Reply
(07-14-2020, 01:42 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Here are some random "preseason" thoughts

I am so in! Now everybody check in and those of you who never post, just post that you are in...and way up for this.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply

So they are embedding for you?
Like Reply
(07-14-2020, 04:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote:

So they are embedding for you?
No. I encounter this issue with Twitter everywhere. Sometimes (not here) I get asked whether I want to allow embedded content of Twitter to load automatically, but I  decline.
Like Reply
(07-14-2020, 02:48 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 01:42 PM)fifteenth Wrote: stuff

Great post! I am excited!

P.S. Random question: are tweets embedding for you or do you have to click on them to see them?

Good to see ya pal!! 

And, no, tweets are not embedding for me
Like Reply
I'm ready for basketball.  Wish we didnt have to likely play the Clippers in a first round.
Like Reply
If Luka returns to pre ankle/thumb injury Luka who was averaging 30/10/10 every night and KP picks up where he left off doing 25/11/3. The Mavs are going to be quite the force to reckon with.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply