Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few thoughts after 6 months of MavsForum
It's 6 months since this board started. Somewhere between 10th and 13th of September 19 if I remember well, correct me If I am wrong. I know it's not a "year" anniversary but in absence of BB news and articles to comment mybe is ok to open this thread to say thank you for all those who put their effort into building this site and those who carry this site to grow and running smoothly.  The greatest compliment goes to Magickian who share his server for MF community use and built this forum. Even if it was clearly seen many times that our mods as mavs fans calm down some overheated posts with shaky hands and smoke out of their ears they are doing excellent job and huge compliments for that goes to SleepingH, ClutchD, Kamm, Fifteenth, IsGoT (you can ban me if I missed any..). Thanks goes to all posters as well for their contrib. to this forum and there is permanent invitation open to new members who are regularly following this forum as guests (we know you're out there Smile)

Human race is facing probably biggest challenge of our generation right now and to those who where health effected I wish to get healthy soon and to the rest to be smart and protect yourself and yours against covid infection and contribute to suppress this virus as much as possible.

Don't panic, be smart, stay healthy.

Go Mavs, soon!

EDIT: OMG, I forgot to pay attention to mavsluvr who is our guide thru mavs games and thank him for excellent job. Thank you, man!
Like Reply
(03-15-2020, 10:13 AM)LukTheShadow Wrote: It's 6 months since this board started. Somewhere between 10th and 13th of September 19 if I remember well, correct me If I am wrong. I know it's not a "year" anniversary but in absence of BB news and articles to comment mybe is ok to open this thread to say thank you for all those who put their effort into building this site and those who carry this site to grow and running smoothly.  The greatest compliment goes to Magickian who share his server for MF community use and built this forum. Even if it was clearly seen many times that our mods as mavs fans calm down some overheated posts with shaky hands and smoke out of their ears they are doing excellent job and huge compliments for that goes to SleepingH, ClutchD, Kamm, Fifteenth, IsGoT (you can ban me if I missed any..). Thanks goes to all posters as well for their contrib. to this forum and there is permanent invitation open to new members who are regularly following this forum as guests (we know you're out there Smile)

Human race is facing probably biggest challenge of our generation right now and to those who where health effected I wish to get healthy soon and to the rest to be smart and protect yourself and yours against covid infection and contribute to suppress this virus as much as possible.

Don't panic, be smart, stay healthy.

Go Mavs, soon!

EDIT: OMG, I forgot to pay attention to mavsluvr who is our guide thru mavs games and thank him for excellent job. Thank you, man!
Between Mavsluvr's postgame reports and Clutch's posting of all news related to Mavs and the NBA, this site is one stop shop for me. Thank you to posters like Dan and the LMF crew as well as Fif and Hakeem (wish KL would come back to us!) for so much insight/counter-argument into all things Mavs. I play devil's advocate to a lot of thoughts around here while also trying to move the think tank to the mean and I know that grates on some nerves, but I do appreciate the challenge to those thoughts.
Like Reply
Agree!  Thanks to all the behind the scenes folks who got this up and running and fast.  Love all the posters/posts here even those who disagree with mine.  If we all agreed on all topics it would be dull.  I constantly learn from reading all posts regardless if I agree or not.  We all love the game of basketball and I’d love to sit around and drink beers and shoot the breeze with any of you.  

Its the posters who make this such a great community and I hope all of you and your loved ones survive this virus.  Once we get back to playing we will all appreciate it more and each other.  And thanks again to those who got this site up and running so fast.
Like Reply
Thanks for everyone involved in MavsForum! I don't even check DB.com anymore. It's too bad our forum got killed there but this has been a welcome replacement. If we could just get a real mobile theme that works well we'd be in business. I still use the desktop theme on my phone and pinch zoom bc the actual mobile theme gives me so much trouble.
Like Reply
After 24/7 announced it was dropping the forum following DallasBasketball's move to SI, I was really worried as the SI forum wasn't anything that promoted discussion and sharing. More of a comment board on postings by Fish and others.

So when I found out this was opening, and it provided the discussion feel of the old board, I joined right away. Been happy ever since. In fact, I don't even check out the SI site anymore. Getting my Mavs news here and via fansided app.

Thanks to everyone who initiated and maintains this forum. It's a regular part of my day.
Like Reply
Good time for a State of the Forum discussion. How are we doing in terms of traffic? I think we are doing well on Google searches  Cool
Like Reply
https://gph.is/2b92xpe
Like Reply