Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 3.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
33.33%
1 33.33%
Nuggets
66.67%
2 66.67%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 67: DEN (43-22) @ DAL (40-27) | 113-97 win
Fun to watch this group.  Delon has gone berserk.
Like Reply
Boban wants the Dirkie...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
All I want to see is Boban vs. Denver in a 7-game series.
Like Reply
Damn, I'm in withdrawal already.
Like Reply
If someone told me yesterday that the season will be cancelled, or that Boban will play 30 mins today..
I would be more inclined to believe the former
Like Reply
Great win!
Like Reply
Boban could have had high 30's - he was missing easy shots early.
Like Reply
I like Cubes being with his players by the bench.
Like Reply
(03-11-2020, 09:25 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: If someone told me yesterday that the season will be cancelled, or that Boban will play 30 mins today..

Season has been suspended not cancelled. It won’t be cancelled.
Like Reply
Luka started 0-5 on FTs and managed to hit 6-6 on the 2nd half. Way to go kid, get well and keep training.
Like Reply
(03-11-2020, 09:29 PM)J817 Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 09:25 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: If someone told me yesterday that the season will be cancelled, or that Boban will play 30 mins today..

yup, meant to say suspended
Like Reply
Denver kinda pulled a Dallas.  Hot from three but couldn't get it going down the stretch when it mattered.

40 wins
Like Reply
(03-11-2020, 09:31 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Denver kinda pulled a Dallas.  Hot from three but couldn't get it going down the stretch when it mattered.

40 wins

This. Mavs risked it and gave Denver open shots from 3 all game long. Luckily they started to miss when it mattered. Boban was -17 at some point in the 3rd quarter and the Nuggets were +50% from 3 in the first 30 minutes. Denver started to miss and the Mavs never looked back.
Like Reply
(03-11-2020, 09:29 PM)J817 Wrote:

I don’t think there’s any way of knowing what will happen at this point.

Say they can pick things up within a couple weeks (which seems unlikely) maybe they can just push things back.

If we are a month out, do they just push things back, or do they take standings as they are and go into the postseason? What if 1 month out we still don’t think infection around the country has peaked and you want to push back more?

At some point the season has to end so that there can be an offseason before starting back up again so it’s not likely they can just suspend it indefinitely if they plan to start next season up at the normal time.
Like Reply
(03-11-2020, 09:27 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Boban could have had high 30's - he was missing easy shots early.

Which is why its important to stay with him instead of a short few minutes and then going away based on that small stretch. 
Staying with the inside big man attack or coming back to it in the clutch and during runs was something Coach had not been doing but did it this game probably because the team was so shorthanded especially without KP.   They needed the offense but maybe, just maybe a  Idea  comes on for Carlisle and company.  It shouldn't be purely matchup dependent either.  Make teams matchup to you inside, especially when you have such a size advantage with Luka, KP, Boban, and a nice sized rotation of bigs in general.  

The centers were used well this game without the full availability of the small ball roster.  I thought WCS was also a nice change of pace along with Kleber of course. 
Against the Spurs he was hacked a few times brutally and didn't get the call then the Coach went completely away from him. 
This time Boban didn't get yanked after missing a few shots he delivered a more consistent high efficient offense overall when it mattered most.
Like Reply
(03-11-2020, 10:08 PM)Dahlsim Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 09:27 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Boban could have had high 30's - he was missing easy shots early.

Which is why its important to stay with him instead of a short few minutes and then going away based on that small stretch. 
Staying with the inside big man attack or coming back to it in the clutch and during runs was something Coach had not been doing but did it this game probably because the team was so shorthanded especially without KP.   They needed the offense but maybe, just maybe a  Idea  comes on for Carlisle and company.  Its shouldn't be purely matchup dependent either.  Make teams matchup to you inside, especially when you have such a size advantage with Luka, KP, Boban, and a nice sized rotation of bigs in general.  

The centers were used well this game without the full availability of the small ball roster.  I thought WCS was also a nice change of pace along with Kleber of course. 
Against the Spurs he was hacked a few times brutally and didn't get the call then the Coach went completely away from him. 
This time Boban didn't get yanked after missing a few shots he delivered a more consistent high efficient offense overall when it mattered most.
Was waiting for Dahl to post.  I understand his shortcomings against a small ball lineup but he has size that other teams also have to account  for when they play defense. RC should give him more leeway and force other teams also to worry about us than always the other way around.
Like Reply

Staying with the inside big man attack or coming back to it in the clutch and during runs was something Coach had not been doing but did it this game probably because the team was so shorthanded especially without KP.   They needed the offense but maybe, just maybe a  Idea  comes on for Carlisle and company.  It shouldn't be purely matchup dependent either.  Make teams matchup to you inside, especially when you have such a size advantage with Luka, KP, Boban, and a nice sized rotation of bigs in general.  

That´s the thing. The success with Boban on the floor depends on the opponents ability to shoot and their ability to defend Boban. Mavs just cannot prevent open 3s with him on the floor but when the opponent is ice cold they can take advantage. As I mentioned Boban was -17 at some point in the early 3rd quarter and Denver was hitting 3s at a high rate. Once they started missing the Mavs dominated and Boban ended the game with a +5 on court rating.
Like Reply
(03-11-2020, 10:13 PM)hakeemfan Wrote:

Staying with the inside big man attack or coming back to it in the clutch and during runs was something Coach had not been doing but did it this game probably because the team was so shorthanded especially without KP.   They needed the offense but maybe, just maybe a  Idea  comes on for Carlisle and company.  Its shouldn't be purely matchup dependent either.  Make teams matchup to you inside, especially when you have such a size advantage with Luka, KP, Boban, and a nice sized rotation of bigs in general.  

Was waiting for Dahl to post.  I understand his shortcomings against a small ball lineup but he has size that other teams also have to account  for when they play defense. RC should give him more leeway and force other teams also to worry about us than always the other way around.
Wink  We've been on this topic of the Mavs big men for a few years I think HK.  Carlisle's use or lack of use can be a frustrating since he seems to think what happened to night only applies when the matchup works for him.  Dodgy

Sure, it works easier when the matchup allows a big like Boban to reduce his defensive liability but the fact is as you suggest, when a guy can go out and give you 31 and 12 on 60% FG and almost 90% from the FT line, how can that be limited to certain matchups? 
Quote:RC should give him more leeway and force other teams also to worry about us than always the other way around.

(03-11-2020, 10:26 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That´s the thing. The success with Boban on the floor depends on the opponents ability to shoot and their ability to defend Boban. Mavs just cannot prevent open 3s with him on the floor but when the opponent is ice cold they can take advantage. As I mentioned Boban was -17 at some point in the early 3rd quarter and Denver was hitting 3s at a high rate. Once they started missing the Mavs dominated and Boban ended the game with a +5 on court rating.

Ok, but you're still saying its entirely matchup dependent.  Any player can be -17 at a stretch in a game, even superstars. 
That can be as simple as your guys are missing their 3's at the time, might not even be on the player.   The stats are more meaningful over time. 
+5 doesn't even begin to tell the story here.  Denver's entire defense was compromised by his presence.  His rebounding is also a huge help for Dallas. 
Now where the matchup made it easier for Carlisle to go with Boban can be seen the fact that Boban actually helped defend better against Jokic who is a great Allstar big man. Boban could make him at least work harder than the other Mavs could likely do. 

Against the Spurs Aldridge had an easier time with Boban out.  He killed the Mavs inside without anyone to go back at him and force him to hack.
Like Reply
(03-11-2020, 10:27 PM)Dahlsim Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 10:13 PM)hakeemfan Wrote:

Wink  We've been on this topic of the Mavs big men for a few years I think HK.  Carlisle's use or lack of use can be a frustrating since he seems to think what happened to night only applies when the matchup works for him.  Dodgy

Sure, it works easier when the matchup allows a big like Boban to reduce his defensive liability but the fact is as you suggest, when a guy can go out and give you 31 and 12 on 60% FG and almost 90% from the FT line, how can that be limited to certain matchups? 
Quote:RC should give him more leeway and force other teams also to worry about us than always the other way around.

(03-11-2020, 10:26 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That´s the thing. The success with Boban on the floor depends on the opponents ability to shoot and their ability to defend Boban. Mavs just cannot prevent open 3s with him on the floor but when the opponent is ice cold they can take advantage. As I mentioned Boban was -17 at some point in the early 3rd quarter and Denver was hitting 3s at a high rate. Once they started missing the Mavs dominated and Boban ended the game with a +5 on court rating.

Ok, but you're still saying its entirely matchup dependent.  Any player can be -17 at a stretch in a game, even superstars. 
That can be as simple as your guys are missing their 3's at the time, might not even be on the player.   The stats are more meaningful over time. 
+5 doesn't even begin to tell the story here.  Denver's entire defense was compromised by his presence.  His rebounding is also a huge help for Dallas. 
Now where the matchup made it easier for Carlisle to go with Boban can be seen the fact that Boban actually helped defend better against Jokic who is a great Allstar big man. Boban could make him at least work harder than the other Mavs could likely do. 

Against the Spurs Aldridge had an easier time with Boban out.  He killed the Mavs inside without anyone to go back at him and force him to hack.

Against the Spurs Boban wasn´t nearly as dominant in the paint because the refs allowed Aldridge to hack him. Spurs also never cooled down from 3. It´s difficult to make a call on minutes for a unique player like him and it´s not like RC is using him less than previous coaches. Looking at the early minutes of todays game I thought it would end in a blow out loss. Nuggets started the game with 8 consecutive open 3s and made 5 and Boban was missing easy layups.
Basketball obviously is a game of runs and once Boban found his touch he was unstoppable but for nearly 2 quarters (2nd, half of the 3rd) that made no difference because the Nuggets were still taking advantage of him on defense and continued to create open 3s.
It´s not like the Nuggets had worse looks in the 4th. They just missed.
Like Reply
(03-11-2020, 10:26 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:

That´s the thing. The success with Boban on the floor depends on the opponents ability to shoot and their ability to defend Boban. Mavs just cannot prevent open 3s with him on the floor but when the opponent is ice cold they can take advantage. As I mentioned Boban was -17 at some point in the early 3rd quarter and Denver was hitting 3s at a high rate. Once they started missing the Mavs dominated and Boban ended the game with a +5 on court rating.

You have to play to your strengths.  The Mavs on offense have some guys who are hitting a high percentage of 3s. At the same time Boban is a difficult matchup on offense too for the other team’s defense.  Those are our strengths along with Luka's brilliance.  

Given that our defense is not anything special with or without Boban, and given that we tend to get overmatched against good teams anyway, RC has to find ways to give more regular mins to Boban.
Like Reply