Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPM Redux
Shocked 
The world renown, highly "advanced" statistic RPM has once again tweaked their "formula" to emphasize more box score stats and less weight on on/off data. How do our Mavericks fare in RPM?

Doncic: 4.26, ranked 4th in the entire NBA! Wow, way to go Luka! 

Porzingis: 1.92, ranked 32nd overall! The Unicorn has arrived!

THJ: 1.03, ranked 60th overall! Keep up the great work, Timmy! 

Our current, next best Mavericks according to this highly "advanced" statistic are:

Brunson: 0.46

Seth: -0.09 

Maxi: -0.10

DFS: -0.54

Delon: -0.99

Bonus feature: Powell (0.07) vs WCS (-0.15)

Personally, my favorite part is the RPM Wins statistic, which provides an estimate of the number of wins each player has contributed to his team's win total on the season. At the end of the day, it's all about winning! Who are the Mavericks best winners?

Doncic: 5.68 wins
Porzingis: 2.83 wins
THJ: 2.26 wins

Brunson: 1.04 wins
Maxi: 0.94 wins
Seth: 0.90 wins
DFS: 0.64 wins

Powell: 0.80 wins
WCS: 0.65 wins (still close to Powell despite playing on the worst team in the league most of season)

This one will make you cringe: Delon: 0.07 wins
Like Reply
I'm glad to see THJ getting some love as our 3rd best player. I've become a big fan after really disliking his play last year and the very start of this season. No surprises with Luka and KP.
Like Reply
(03-04-2020, 10:21 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I'm glad to see THJ getting some love as our 3rd best player. I've become a big fan after really disliking his play last year and the very start of this season. No surprises with Luka and KP.

You're not the only one; he has been exceptional this season. Most places have THJ rated as our third best player by far, which should come as no surprise to any fan who's watched the Mavs all season long.

RAPTOR is another highly, "advanced" statistic that ranks THJ second on the team in Total RAPTOR and wins above replacement. Here's a chart on all our beloved Mavs this season:

[Image: RAPTOR-Mavs.png]
Like Reply
It's weird, I see that stat that paints Maxi as a below average player on  a team, but all I see is that he's integral to this team's success. That stat doesn't do any justice to Maxi.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply