Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR & 5.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
4 100.00%
Bulls
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 62: DAL (37-25) @ CHI (20-41) | 107-109 loss
(03-03-2020, 12:28 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 10:20 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Why do we think we are good enough to rest multiple top players regularly. When this season is over, we'll be kicking ourselves for giving ourselves several "load management" losses.
You want to cripple Porzingis for the next five years? Have you seen what happened, when we overplayed Porzingis in December with stuff like 38 MPG B2B.

(03-02-2020, 11:40 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: The funniest part of all of this is how boban and lee are gonna get dnp cd next few games in true Carlisle fashion.
It seems Lee has gotten in better shape, probably needed to work off his Knicks vacation. He has a surprisingly fast first step. Combined with his 3pt shooting and reasonable defense, he can at least be a reliable 10-12 MPG off the bench, unlike MKG.
I have no issue with KP resting on back to backs due to him coming back from a serious injury, but I have a big problem with our 21 year old leader sitting back to backs. I also have a problem with Curry sitttng tonight. We would have won had Curry played. This whole league is a bunch a damn babies. I miss the days when everyone played every game they could unless they were truly injured.
Like Reply
(03-03-2020, 01:50 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 12:28 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 10:20 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Why do we think we are good enough to rest multiple top players regularly. When this season is over, we'll be kicking ourselves for giving ourselves several "load management" losses.
You want to cripple Porzingis for the next five years? Have you seen what happened, when we overplayed Porzingis in December with stuff like 38 MPG B2B.

(03-02-2020, 11:40 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: The funniest part of all of this is how boban and lee are gonna get dnp cd next few games in true Carlisle fashion.
It seems Lee has gotten in better shape, probably needed to work off his Knicks vacation. He has a surprisingly fast first step. Combined with his 3pt shooting and reasonable defense, he can at least be a reliable 10-12 MPG off the bench, unlike MKG.
I have no issue with KP resting on back to backs due to him coming back from a serious injury, but I have a big problem with our 21 year old leader sitting back to backs. I also have a problem with Curry sitttng tonight. We would have won had Curry played. This whole league is a bunch a damn babies. I miss the days when everyone played every game they could unless they were truly injured.

What changed is teams started realizing that Home Court is important only to an extent. If you are talented AND healthy you are more dangerous come playoffs.
Like Reply
(03-02-2020, 10:41 PM)hakeemfan Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 10:36 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 10:35 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Luka flat out can't shoot. I really thought he would be a better shooter by now.
The degree of difficulty of too many of his shots is off the charts.

He makes it too difficult for himself. He has great footwork.  Just need to train to stop on a dime and hit the midrange shot.He will be unstoppable then.
This cracks me up every time. Increase shooting efficiency by taking more midrange jumpers lol.
Like Reply
(03-03-2020, 08:43 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Wrote: his whole league is a bunch a damn babies.

Yeah, it would be better if they were injured tough guys. They could make mean faces at the other team while sitting behind the bench in suits while recovering from injury. 

Back to backs and overloading causes injury

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
I’m trying to understand some of the comments in here. What difference does it make if they win 49 games vs 52? They do have a playoff seed locked up. That was the goal. Getting the 6th seed instead of the 7th and playing KP and Curry on back to back accomplishes what exactly? And Rick doesn’t decide on load management lmao. That’s an organizational decision with input from the medical staff. The team is missing KP, Powell, Curry, and Brunson and Luka is playing with one hand. Health should definitely be the #1 priority.
Like Reply
(03-03-2020, 01:48 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I’m trying to understand some of the comments in here. What difference does it make if they win 49 games vs 52? They do have a playoff seed locked up. That was the goal. Getting the 6th seed instead of the 7th and playing KP and Curry on back to back accomplishes what exactly? And Rick doesn’t decide on load management lmao. That’s an organizational decision with input from the medical staff. The team is missing KP, Powell, Curry, and Brunson and Luka is playing with one hand. Health should definitely be the #1 priority.

I agree a playoff berth is all that matters. Going into the season, I thought we'd miss out so I ain't complaining, it's all gravy. 

At this point, we are just putting guys on trial to prove their potential playoff worth. I think the goal is to push a series to 6 games in the first round and build on that going into next season.
Like Reply
(03-03-2020, 01:48 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I’m trying to understand some of the comments in here. What difference does it make if they win 49 games vs 52? They do have a playoff seed locked up. That was the goal. Getting the 6th seed instead of the 7th and playing KP and Curry on back to back accomplishes what exactly? And Rick doesn’t decide on load management lmao. That’s an organizational decision with input from the medical staff. The team is missing KP, Powell, Curry, and Brunson and Luka is playing with one hand. Health should definitely be the #1 priority.
Maximizing our draft assets doesn't hurt either. Right now we'd enter the draft with #18 + #31. That would give us some nice options in all kinds of directions. Select two guys with fairly high picks, move down, maybe even up into the late lottery by combining the selections.

Personally I'd prefer a 7th seed + the 18th pick over a 5th seed by a wide margin.

Besides the Clippers there's no team that I absolutely would not want to face. Denver/LAL would both be fun matchups.
Like Reply

This. I don´t care about the seed or the number of wins as long as they make the playoffs this year. Only bonus would be to avoid the Clippers in the 1st round. But that´s more about luck. Clippers could end up anywhere from 2nd-4th. Mavs probably finish 6th-7th.
I would happily end the regular season right now and play the Nuggets in the 1st round. Probably the best matchup for the Mavs.
Like Reply