Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Kristaps Porzingis Prefers to Play Center
https://www.mavs.com/mavs-com-porzingisl...ingcenter/
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Hopefully this ends the "Mavs need a bruiser at center" debate once and for all.
Props to @"fifteenth". Probably the most vocal supporter of the 4 wings/guards and KP at center scheme.
Like Reply
(02-28-2020, 02:16 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Hopefully this ends the "Mavs need a bruiser at center" debate once and for all.
Props to @"fifteenth". Probably the most vocal supporter of the 4 wings/guards and KP at center scheme.

KP = C
KP = C
KP = C
KP = C
KP = C
KP = C
KP = C
KP = C
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
I thought he was resistant to playing center at the season start. 

Maybe since this is a not-your-father's center position he's discovered that it brings him closer to the action (and success!) with Luka.
Like Reply
(02-28-2020, 02:16 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Hopefully this ends the "Mavs need a bruiser at center" debate once and for all.

Yeah, thanks, but it turned out to be not quite cut and dried, right?
  • The Powell lineup was really good (not 1 big).
  • But the 1 big lineup unlocks KP, which is probably more important in the long run.
  • However, it'd be really great to have a larger wing in the starting lineup with Luka, THJ, DFS and Luka (better 1 big option). 
Like Reply
(02-28-2020, 03:24 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

• But the 1 big lineup unlocks KP, which is probably more important in the long run.
  • However, it'd be really great to have a larger wing in the starting lineup with Luka, THJ, DFS and Luka (better 1 big option). 

Fully agree we need another wing in this lineup to replace Curry long-term. There will be options this summer to fill that position.
Like Reply
(02-28-2020, 03:33 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Fully agree we need another wing in this lineup to replace Curry long-term. There will be options this summer to fill that position.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
I don't think Magic would trade Gordon to the Mavs but you never know
Like Reply
(02-28-2020, 03:24 PM)fifteenth Wrote: KP = C
KP = C
KP = C
KP = C
KP = C
KP = C
KP = C
KP = C

Yeah, thanks, but it turned out to be not quite cut and dried, right?

We have two Luka's? Awesome!!
Like Reply
(02-28-2020, 06:58 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: We have two Luka's? Awesome!!

LOL

You better go ahead and proofread any other posts I made today. I'm obviously struggling.
Like Reply
But he's too tall to play center for Rick
Like Reply

I think so too.  Best path to contention is a four wing (including Doncic) and KP approach, so the Mavs need to add a wing, preferably one on the taller side.  Of course, that player needs to be a legit second/third best player on a championship caliber roster (basically a borderline allstar), so he will not be easy to find. But once the Mavs do find him, they can win a title. It’s nice to be one player away.
Like Reply
Glad the bruiser debate is over not because I was on the right side of it but just because I like it's resolved. Mavs are pretty set on bigs at this point. This summer I hope Boban is bought out so that we can use his roster spot on a player Rick will actually play. With KP as center Mavs really only need 1 more WCS-like bargain big assuming that Powell is coming back at some point early next season. Mavs need to load up on wings.
Like Reply
(02-29-2020, 04:40 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Glad the bruiser debate is over not because I was on the right side of it but just because I like it's resolved. Mavs are pretty set on bigs at this point. This summer I hope Boban is bought out so that we can use his roster spot on a player Rick will actually play. With KP as center Mavs really only need 1 more WCS-like bargain big assuming that Powell is coming back at some point early next season. Mavs need to load up on wings.
Hmmm, I think of the big wing that people keep suggesting as a bruiser. We need someone out there to be able to contend with all the big bodied players/players that play bigger than they are that so many playoff teams have. 

If KP could work himself into a bigger body or stronger body then that need would be alleviated. Alas, I think it’ll take more than a few seasons to get there, if he even thinks it’s something he needs to work on anymore.

Only reason I’ve given up on us getting a big bruiser is because RC won’t play that player even if he had him. That and he won’t change his scheme to accommodate for that player either. It’s kinda funny how people get swayed into thinking that is the best or only way to play, just because that’s how our team seems to think about it.

So many examples of teams that are better than us, that have a different philosophy and have a system that fits the best players on the squad.
Like Reply
I think KP is fine. I don't think he needs to get bigger we just need a bigger wing.

In other news lol Sixers

https://sports.yahoo.com/rumor-sixers-ma...24575.html
Like Reply
There's a reason Mavs are not signing a C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KP and Maximus have it under control dudes
Like Reply
(06-30-2020, 02:51 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: There's a reason Mavs are not signing a C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KP and Maximus have it under control dudes
KP has always been a C. When somebody tells a 7´3 player that he´s not a center, it´s cause he wants to hear it and is about to sign a five year extension. Big Grin

Zach Lowe says that the advanced stats for Luka + KP + 3 three guards are off the charts. Obviously our small-ball damaged Mavs brains go into overdrive immediately, until you realize our new PG is 6´8 and on these guards is 6´9 DFS. Suddenly it makes a lot of sense it works. It´s not really small ball.

Nevertheless we´ll need a competent center for next season for the simple reason that Porzingis needs to miss 20 regular season games as a precautionary measure. Since even decent centers are dirty cheap, it shouldn´t be much of an issue.
Like Reply
I agree with M19

Blame it on the quarantine! :-D
Like Reply
Need Bruiser minutes?  Hmm,  Boban kills the Denver Nuggets & Jokic ...
Like Reply