Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
KP (+15, 24 pts, 5 asts, 10 rbds, 5 blks)
30.00%
9 30.00%
Luka (+13, 33 pts, 8 asts, 10 rbds)
6.67%
2 6.67%
Maxi (+10, 26 pts, 3 rbds, 1 blk)
63.33%
19 63.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 56 DIRKIE: Winner Maxi (63%) & Runner-up KP (30%)
Brick 
Who was the "player of the game" who elevated his game to help the team get the win?
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
1st half Luka, 2nd Half KP and Maxi.
Like Reply
Maxi...then KP.
Like Reply
Maxi with a career night, doing it very efficiently and off the bench. KP comes in as a close second with a very impressive stst line.
Like Reply
Impressive career nights = a Dirkie vote from me...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Almost gave it to Maxi but 24,10,5 and 5. Wow! Watching the game KP was everywhere. Tonight was 3 Dirkie worthy performances.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
26 from Maxi was easily the most surprising line, so definitely Maxi
Like Reply
While Maxi’s points were for sure impressive and far and away beyond his regular production, 3 boards is pretty low for him. Maxi is a close second to KP elevating all facets of his game with the 2 most impressive being assists and blocks.
Like Reply
Wait, really? Maxi scores 26 on 13 shots in 23 minutes and you say he shoulda grabbed more boards?
Like Reply
(02-22-2020, 11:42 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Wait, really? Maxi scores 26 on 13 shots in 23 minutes and you say he shoulda grabbed more boards?

He's a big, so of course. We aren't grading on a curve here. I voted KP - you aren't going to see that line from anyone in the league too often.
Like Reply
(02-22-2020, 11:42 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Wait, really? Maxi scores 26 on 13 shots in 23 minutes and you say he shoulda grabbed more boards?
I’m sorry I see the game as being about more than points? Luka scored 33 points, that’s more than 26, why isn’t he your Dirkie vote? I think KP deserves the Dirkie, do you really think that is such a revelation?
Like Reply
Voting KP is certainly reasonable. Concluding that Maxi is undeserving for grabbing only 3 boards in 23 minutes is nuts in light of his insane efficiency. It’s the equivalent of saying I would’ve voted for KP if he hadn’t posted a disappointing zero steals.
Like Reply
(02-22-2020, 09:30 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Voting KP is certainly reasonable. Concluding that Maxi is undeserving for grabbing only 3 boards in 23 minutes is nuts in light of his insane efficiency. It’s the equivalent of saying I would’ve voted for KP if he hadn’t posted a disappointing zero steals.

No, not really, because a big isn't expected to get steals, but he'd better get at least 5 rebounds if he's playing those minutes.

Shout out to Maxi for his rebounds and blocks (!) tonight.
Like Reply
(02-22-2020, 09:30 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Voting KP is certainly reasonable.
If it was so reasonable then why the “Wait, really?”

I said I thought KP deserved it more in my mind and gave my reasoning. If KP hadn’t raised pretty much every aspect of his game with blow outs of two categories (and assists being a great surprise at that) then I would be right with the majority in voting Super Glue.
Like Reply