Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 0.5 pt RAPTOR & 4.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
88.89%
8 88.89%
Magic
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 56: DAL (34-22) @ ORL (24-32) | 122-106 win
Heart 
[Image: EQvmzC5U0AALzyR?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Like Reply
Must rest and get healthy now.

Must win on the 21st!
Like Reply
Hopefully, there will be a carryover from the Sac game.  Now is the time, if we are going to make a push for a top-4 seed.  The schedule is relatively favorable for the next 10 games.  I think we "should" win 7.  If we could get on a roll, 8 might be possible.
@Orlando, @Atlanta, v.Minnesota, @San Antonio, @Miami, @Minnesota, @Chicago, v.New Orleans, v.Memphis, v.Indiana

It will be interesting to see the effect of a few days of practice.  I appears to me that WCS (with a better understanding of the Mavs system) can be a reliable fill-in for Powell.  He seems to bee more than capable with setting screens, and rolling.  He appears to be a better blocker and rebounder than Powell.  We certainly need another 7'er against LAL, LAC, DEN, UTA, PHO and several others.
Like Reply
Mavs win by 20+. Book it!
Like Reply
(02-17-2020, 04:03 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Mavs win by 20+. Book it!

.5 point favorites vs these scrubs is bullshit!
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
That offensive rating is still so wild. Hopefully can put together some defensive chemistry through the end of the season  

[Image: PH57Hr5.jpg]
Like Reply
I'm glad that our players get much-needed rest and all, but it personally drives me nuts that I have to wait three more days for a game. Gratification, now!! I'm especially anxious to see if Luka and KP can mesh as well as they did in the Sacramento game, and how well MKG will fit in.
Like Reply
(02-17-2020, 06:56 PM)Jym Wrote: That offensive rating is still so wild. Hopefully can put together some defensive chemistry through the end of the season  

I like the point differential as well. Almost as good as Golden State last year and better than the Rockets last year! Now if we can keep our road record on a superb level and win a better percentage of close games.

Six out of the next 7 on the road. This could be our Rodeo Trip type bonding trip that worked so well for SA all those years.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
what the heck.  how long is the all star break?
Like Reply
(02-18-2020, 05:12 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: what the heck.  how long is the all star break?

Basically, a week long. Play resumes for some teams Thursday.
Like Reply
As much as I want to see them play again, this is perfect timing to get our 2 stars fully rested and healed and to give WCS and MCW plenty of time with RC so he can get a better feel for their game and how they’ll integrate with the team. As well as time for them to get familiar with RC and the team.
Like Reply
(02-19-2020, 10:57 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: As much as I want to see them play again, this is perfect timing to get our 2 stars fully rested and healed and to give WCS and MCW plenty of time with RC so he can get a better feel for their game and how they’ll integrate with the team. As well as time for them to get familiar with RC and the team.

Dont players usually go on an extended vacation during the break?  I wonder how many practices they've gotten in.
Like Reply
https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/20...n-mo-bamba
Like Reply
(02-19-2020, 05:09 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Dont players usually go on an extended vacation during the break?  I wonder how many practices they've gotten in.
If that was the case I’d hope that was for the players that have been here and established their position on the team. That is different to me for WCS and especially MCW. I really hope those two didn’t take a brake from the coaches at the very least.
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/rq6c5xD7leHW8/giphy.gif
Like Reply
Should win but definitely do not overlook, we have had problems with bad East teams this year
Like Reply
(02-21-2020, 06:40 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Should win but definitely do not overlook, we have had problems with bad East teams this year

Orlando is not exactly bad. We barely beat them in our first game this season. Isaac, who is fortunately for us not playing, killed KP in that one. 

They have league best defense and second to last offense. Their long athletic players might make life a bit more difficult for both Luka and KP. Let's hope they put Vucevic on KP and that his 3pt shot will be falling. 

Recipe for success: start strong and kill their will to play defense. It will be easy afterwards, as their offense is just not good enough to get them back.
Like Reply
(02-21-2020, 07:21 AM)omahen Wrote: Orlando is not exactly bad.

They are not. The RAPTOR analytic only has DAL as 0.5 pt favs....this is not a sure victory.
Like Reply
A young athletic team is just the type that gives the Mavs a lot of trouble.  And it seems like the Mavs tend to come out a bit lethargic after a break.
Like Reply
(02-17-2020, 04:03 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Mavs win by 20+. Book it!
This game should honestly be a blowout, Orlando sucks. Only reason why it was close last time was because Isaac took KP's lunch money. No Isaac tonight and we are at full strength. Chalk this one up to the road warriors.
Like Reply