Poll: Who will win the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
U.S.
40.00%
4 40.00%
World
60.00%
6 60.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA RISING STARS GAME: U.S. vs. WORLD | 151 US - 131 World
Zion missing 3 dunks in a row was my personal highlight but the the way they are playing they might as well just cancel the game and replace it with a meet and greet for fans.
Like Reply
(02-14-2020, 11:01 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Zion missing 3 dunks in a row was my personal highlight but the the way they are playing they might as well just cancel the game and replace it with a meet and greet for fans.

Even the All Star game is just the fans chance to see a real life star studded cast. Players don’t want to get hurt.  Adebayo and Gobert being in there will make it a little more like a real game.
Like Reply
(02-14-2020, 09:59 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Myles Turner fangirling over Luka, calling the midcourter. It´s happening. Big Grin
Like Reply
I just realized I had never heard Trae Young's voice until I saw this one. And I thought Patrick Mahomes was misleading, that's Mike Tyson level

Team USA looked to have more depth though the starters for Team World looked good. Now all Luka has to do is avoid dunks and defense in the ASG, the latter of which should be very easy.
Like Reply
(02-14-2020, 11:01 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Zion missing 3 dunks in a row was my personal highlight but the the way they are playing they might as well just cancel the game and replace it with a meet and greet for fans.

Cuban better f´n recognize.

Ratings in decline. Zion´s name first on every ESPN headline and article. He gets an A for 14 points going 7-11 on dunks, while Luka gets a B-Plus for 16 with 50% from three including a midcourt shot.

Zion already has a good young core around him. If the Mavs want to win mutliple titles, they´ll need another special talent that can overcome the new Chosen One bias.
Like Reply
(02-15-2020, 05:15 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:

Cuban better f´n recognize.

Ratings in decline. Zion´s name first on every ESPN headline and article. He gets an A for 14 points going 7-11 on dunks, while Luka gets a B-Plus for 16 with 50% from three including a midcourt shot.

Zion already has a good young core around him. If the Mavs want to win mutliple titles, they´ll need another special talent that can overcome the new Chosen One bias.

Seems like an overreaction. Zion's likely to break down again with his build and play style. Luka should be avoiding putting too much stress on his ankle during his best chance to recover before the postseason by not treating these meaningless games during the ASB like they have meaning. And unlike Zion, Luka has an actual All Star game to play in as well during this break which will put this one firmly in the rearview mirror.
Like Reply
It doesn’t really matter what ESPN thinks.  A player’s worth is determined on the court and in the win-loss columns. ESPN or hype of any kind have no control over that.  I suspect both players will get their share of accolades and wins if they stay healthy. But, Luka is the better player.

And for the record. That game wasn’t even watchable. What a joke. I hope the players actually try in the real all star game.
Like Reply
They have individual grades for this game? Too funny.

I took two things out of that game.

Luka can break down anyone. One of the few times someone seriously tried to stop someone else was when JJJ picked up Luka on the perimeter. Luka broke him down easily and that too with a smile on his face.

The Mavs will be in maybe the toughest division for the next many years. Ja has the talent and burning desire to win. Zion is a freak of nature. Both their teams are good too. Rox and Spurs are also good organizations and will always be tough.
Like Reply
(02-15-2020, 05:15 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Cuban better f´n recognize.

All star weekend grades, ESPN attention, and "Chosen One Bias "? Really?

Much ado about less than nothing.
Like Reply
The poster who said media is spooning all over Zion is correct.  The media have anointed him already.  We beat NO Thu and Espin was in full Zion orgy.

https://twitter.com/TTFUDarion/status/12...0721969160

https://twitter.com/The_Uncontested/stat...9927241729
Like Reply
^^ It's called the "LeBron Effect "
Like Reply
(02-15-2020, 04:13 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: ^^  It's called the "LeBron Effect "

It's called "the marketing effect."

In 2016-17, 66 percent of NBA viewership was people of color--47 percent of the overall viewership was black (the largest percent by far of any one group). Zion being the face of the NBA is just a reflection of marketing to your audience. 

The NBA probably LOVES that they have BOTH Luka and Zion in this new generation just because their faces will feel "familiar" to the vast majority of the audience.

P.S. I am NOT suggesting "racism" of any kind, just pure marketing, "trying to make a buck" stuff.
Like Reply
I guess this can be the All Star weekend thread

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1...2524087296
Like Reply
(02-15-2020, 02:34 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: The poster who said media is spooning all over Zion is correct.  The media have anointed him already.  We beat NO Thu and Espin was in full Zion orgy.

https://twitter.com/TTFUDarion/status/12...0721969160

https://twitter.com/The_Uncontested/stat...9927241729

Luka was 2nd in All-Star voting, and was among starters in his rookie year.

Zion hype is warranted, so much wait and he delivers. It is the usual young players hype,Just like Jennings was next Iverson and Evans next Kobe a decade ago.
Like Reply
Priceleess moments of ASRS game 2020... :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8SyD7jrNY0

Let Zion stay healthy and all will be good.
Like Reply