Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAULIFLOWER: All Willie Things
(11-09-2020, 09:03 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/13...4899356673

Handling the ball the full court, faking the pass and heading for the layup, post-to-drive shot..........reminding me of a certain player from Miami.
Like Reply
(11-10-2020, 12:28 AM)FunkBoreland Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 09:03 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/13...4899356673

Handling the ball the full court, faking the pass and heading for the layup, post-to-drive shot..........reminding me of a certain player from Miami.

....and already playing with Buddy Hield. Big Grin

Last season in Dallas his main problem was that he was in truly awful physical shape. Conditioning was piss-poor. In that video he looks skinny like a Pokusevski.

Better organization, better coaching, suitable system, stable family life with different priorities. I think he´ll be the Mavs big surprise next season. Cool
Like Reply
(11-10-2020, 11:35 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 12:28 AM)FunkBoreland Wrote:

....and already playing with Buddy Hield. Big Grin

Last season in Dallas his main problem was that he was in truly awful physical shape. Conditioning was piss-poor. In that video he looks skinny like a Pokusevski.

Better organization, better coaching, suitable system, stable family life with different priorities. I think he´ll be the Mavs big surprise next season. Cool
That would be nice! I wanted to like him last year and he gave me hope at times.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
He has a player option doesn't he???  I don't think he will eve be here next year, he would not have opted out of the bubble if he was planning to stay.
Like Reply
(11-12-2020, 08:54 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: He has a player option doesn't he???  I don't think he will eve be here next year, he would not have opted out of the bubble if he was planning to stay.

my dude, you’ve missed a lot on this topic

100% he opts in
Like Reply
(11-12-2020, 08:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: 100% he opts in

I guess it would be nice to say this is your opinion, not a fact.
Like Reply
(11-12-2020, 09:11 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 08:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: 100% he opts in

I guess it would be nice to say this is your opinion, not a fact.

I guess it’s pretty obvious that it’s an opinion since he hasn’t done it yet. Want to bet about it?
Like Reply
(11-12-2020, 09:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Want to bet about it?

Sure. I bet it is not a 100 % chance he will opt in.
Like Reply
Hey @"Benskix2" I was eating earlier, and couldn't really spare the time to reply in more detail. Since the bubble, everyone in the entire Mavs/NBA community (like 100 people, fans, superfans, local and national media members) believes WCS intends to opt in...that is, everyone except @"omahen" and John Hollinger. 

Here are the details:

• We've learned that the reason he skipped the bubble was to attend the birth of his daughter, and had absolutely nothing to do with any angst towards Carlisle or the Mavs that fan haters made up so they'd have something about which to complain.
  • In a recent interview on a podcast, he said he low-key regretted his decision to stay out of the playoffs, reflecting that in hindsight, it was probably only necessary for him to attend the actual birth and a few days after, and that he wish he'd have joined the team a little bit late. He chalked this up to this being his first child, and he didn't know what to expect.
  • In that same interview, he gave Carlisle lots of credit for helping him "fall in love with the work." This was in response to questions about the constant barrage of social media videos he has been posting of himself working on basketball skills, most of which feature him wearing Mavericks gear.
  • Also in that interview, when asked about his option, he said "I just bought a house here, if that helps."
  • The big "oh no, he's changing agents" crisis? Turns out he was hiring a local agent, and some feel like this move was intended to make dealing specifically with the Mavericks easier (this part is speculation, tbh)
  • There isn't a lot of cap room out there, so there's almost no chance for him to get a better offer financially for this season than what he's owed. The BAC is slightly more, but it doesn't seem likely that any team will offer that. Alternatively, I'm sure he's well aware that many key decisions about what to do with that Mavericks cap money will be made over the next 12 months. I don't think it's blind luck he ended up here at the deadline. 
  • It's really easy to find speculation for free agents who would need to opt out in order to hit the market. There are rumors about a ton of them. I might have missed it, but I haven't read WCS's name in even once such instance. It appears that the entire NBA has concluded he's going to opt in, or, possibly more likely, nobody gives a damn whether he does or not, because there aren't really any teams interested.
Hopefully, I didn't leave anything out. That's the cliffs notes for about two months of discussions we've had about this. 
Like Reply
(11-12-2020, 09:36 PM)omahen Wrote: alked this up to this being his first child, and he didn't know what to expect.
In that same interview, he gave Carlisle lots of credit for helping him "fall in love with the work." This was in response to questions about the constant barrage of social media videos he has been posting of himself working on basketball skills, most of which feature him wearing Mavericks gear.
Also in that interview, when asked about his option, he said "I just bought a house here, if that helps."
The big "oh no, he's changing agents" crisis? Turns out he was hiring a local agent, and some feel like this move was intended to make dealing specifically with the Mavericks easier (this part is speculation, tbh)
There isn't a lot of cap room out there, so there's almost no chance for him to get a better offer financially for this season than what he's owed. The BAC is slightly more, but it doesn't seem likely that any team will offer that. Alternatively, I'm sure he's well aware that many key decisions about what to do with that Mavericks cap money will be made over the next 12 months. I don't think it's blind luck he ended up here at the deadline. 
It's really easy to find speculation for free agents who would need to opt out in order to hit the market. There are rumors about a ton of them. I might have missed it, but I haven't read WCS's name in even once such instance. It appears that the entire NBA has concluded he's going to opt in, or, possibly more likely, nobody gives a damn whether he does or not, because there aren't really any teams interested.
(11-12-2020, 09:36 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 09:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Want to bet about it?

Sure. I bet it is not a 100 % chance he will opt in.

How can you bet on a probability? He's offering to bet that he opts in. Whatsamatter, afraid to bet?
Like Reply
(11-12-2020, 09:46 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Whatsamatter, afraid to bet?

(11-12-2020, 09:46 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: How can you bet on a probability? He's offering to bet that he opts in.

I never claimed there is 100 % chance he opts out, so why would I bet on that? The thread is not long, so anyone interested can go look up my arguments, why I think it might be possible he doesn't opt in. 

(11-12-2020, 09:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Here are the details:

Let's not just pick quotes that suit a specific agenda, so I have a few for you:
“I mean that (money) really is the only factor. I love Dallas. I love the coaching staff. Coach Carlisle and I have gotten really close through the last four or five months. I feel real comfortable here. The only thing is I took a big hit financially through the COVID thing. I am sure like everybody did. Not playing the bubble really hurt me, so I need to secure my family.”

Does this really sound like there is no option he doesn't stay in Dallas?

https://thesmokingcuban.com/2020/11/03/m...ein-4szns/ 

Fans should expect him to accept his player option and be back with the Mavericks next season. I’d set the odds of his return at 85 percent as of this writing.

https://thesmokingcuban.com/2020/09/07/d...tein-back/

Cauley-Stein is one of the few players that I believe will opt out of their contracts and test the market.

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2020/9/12/...son-review

I guess google can find plenty more sources... These were just first three hits on google for "will cauley stein take player option"
Like Reply
Look, I think it's 100%. Done deal. Not wasting any more grey matter on it. If you want to make a wager about whether he opts in or not, I'm all for it. That might make the next week more fun. 

Other than that, I was just trying to help my friend Benskix out by answering his question. I am SOOOOO not interested in a semantic debate about it.
Like Reply
(11-12-2020, 10:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Look, I think it's 100%.

This is all I wanted. You posted it as a fact, which is not. And I don't agree with your statement, that it is 100 %, I put it at 50-50

Just for fun - could you consider those practice videos are there for the world to see how much better he is so that someone offers a higher contract? No possibility about that?
Like Reply
Omahen, I think it was clear that KL was less making a claim than speaking rhetorically when he said WCS was 100% opting in, and I think that was clear to someone who wasn't being infantilely obtuse that he was offering to bet on WCS's return rather than the probability. You were stridently carping on his rhetoric instead of addressing his basic assertion with the bet invitation that it was more probable than not that WCS opts in. I suppose you could say that my own choice of words was to meet you on the level you were choosing to be at at the time. 

Of course, I don't believe it's 100% that WCS opts in, but I think it's unfortunate for the Mavs if he doesn't. They need all the inexpensive players they can get, they need all of the athletic players they can get, and they need all of the rim protectors they can get. WCS is the type of project that the Mavs tend to cut bait on too quickly, and the work he is putting in should earn him some more opportunities. WCS opting in saves the Mavs from their own worst tendencies - to settle for players who are less physically talented, but boy, they sure do kow-tow to coach and are great citizens!!!11!1!1!11!!!

Best-case scenario is that he does opt out - with an agreement from the Mavs for the aforementioned one-year deal that will reduce his 2021 cap hold. But, my wager would be that if he opts out, he gone.
Like Reply
(11-12-2020, 10:19 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 10:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Look, I think it's 100%.

This is all I wanted. You posted it as a fact, which is not. And I don't agree with your statement, that it is 100 %, I put it at 50-50

Not really. The words "in my opinion" are not requisite in situations where something is obviously not factual. Benskix2 has been part of this community for like 10 years - he's not a 4th grader, and I doubt he's under any illusions that I'm somehow privy to the actual status of WCS's contract. I highly doubt he was offended or confused at all.

Having said that, I'm glad you're happy now!

@"omahen" I've said all that I have to say about the WCS situation. He's opting in. Would you like to bet about it? All in good fun, of course, but that's the ONLY way I can imagine this turning into something interesting. 

We could get really weird with it.
Like Reply
FWIW, I do think that WCS's videos are meant as an ad for a higher contract offer. I wouldn't say it's 100% that he's opting in, and Omahen has perhaps even convinced me that it's more likely he opts out and leaves (the Mavs sure won't pay him more than his player option). I got heated about the issue because, as I said, I think that's terrible news for the Mavs as a team, although it would probably make the MBT's dick faces light up like a Christmas tree because of those particular WCS-related circumstances when they tend to do what is directly opposed to long-term winning.
Like Reply
(11-12-2020, 10:26 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Omahen, I think it was clear that KL was less making a claim than speaking rhetorically when he said WCS was 100% opting in, and I think that was clear to someone who wasn't being infantilely obtuse that he was offering to bet on WCS's return rather than the probability. You were stridently carping on his rhetoric instead of addressing his basic assertion with the bet invitation that it was more probable than not that WCS opts in. I suppose you could say that my own choice of words was to meet you on the level you were choosing to be at at the time. 

Could you consider it was not me going after semantics with my "betting proposal" but I intentionally put it as I did to show a point? Now we cleared that up and the discussion is finished for me. I am not interested in betting, not this topic not any other.
Like Reply
I'll signature bet you KL. I bet that WCS opts out AND Rubio isn't a Mav.  Big Grin

Both have to come true for the bet to win. The winner gets to type out the losers signature for the whole season!
Like Reply
(11-13-2020, 01:52 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I'll signature bet you KL. I bet that WCS opts out AND Rubio isn't a Mav.  Big Grin

Both have to come true for the bet to win. The winner gets to type out the losers signature for the whole season!

Noooooooooo.

I don't want to touch a bet involving Rubio. 

Thanks for your offer. I decline.
Like Reply
https://gph.is/2Kcu8YT
Like Reply