Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAULIFLOWER: All Willie Things
https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...9935891456
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/1352090355362103299
Like Reply
Roller coaster game once again. 2 missed dunks, 1 missed layup. Terrible defense in the 3rd quarter. Best player in the 4th quarter.
4th quarter WCS is an allstar. 3rd quarter WCS is a wasted roster spot.
Like Reply
(01-20-2021, 10:17 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Roller coaster game once again. 2 missed dunks, 1 missed layup. Terrible defense in the 3rd quarter. Best player in the 4th quarter.
4th quarter WCS is an allstar. 3rd quarter WCS is a wasted roster spot.

I agree with all of the above, but I also think it’s telling that Carlisle trusted him enough to close with him, since they had the lead (per your observation).
Like Reply
(01-20-2021, 10:22 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Carlisle trusted him enough to close with him

I am convinced RC thinks MUCH higher of WCS than 90% of this board. RC sees the work and attitude behind the scenes and RC is a "process" guy who trusts that if you do things the right way eventually the results will come. I think RC sees consistency in WCS's preparation and trusts that the on court consistency will come. I still think WCS is more positive than negative in the vast majority of cases.
Like Reply
(01-20-2021, 10:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am convinced RC thinks MUCH higher of WCS than 90% of this board. RC sees the work and attitude behind the scenes and RC is a "process" guy who trusts that if you do things the right way eventually the results will come. I think RC sees consistency in WCS's preparation and trusts that the on court consistency will come. I still think WCS is more positive than negative in the vast majority of cases.

Well, I don’t count myself among those who don’t think the player has any value. I have always been intrigued by him and hopeful that he can find a niche here.

All I care about is not trying to play two players whose best position is the five at the same time.

I love the idea of keeping one of them on the floor at all times, and I am still hoping WCS can earn Carlisle’s trust by providing the consistency it takes to lock that role down.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/1352129874484490240

Quote:“Coach Mose (Jamahl Mosley) got this made to give us a little extra motivation to go out there and fly around on defense,” Cauley-Stein said. “And I know that’s probably the biggest role I have on the team – being a rim protector, helping out guys on the pick and roll, flying around and making energy plays.

“And tonight, I did that really well and we got the W. And I end up getting (this). It was kind of surprising. It was cool, man. It’s a good feeling.”

Quote:“He was a little down on himself about some of the alley-oops that he missed,” said guard Trey Burke, who poured in 22 points. “He wasn’t showing it, wearing it on his sleeves, but we could tell he was still upset about something. This was before they presented him the belt.

“Then he got the belt and he just was kind of talking to us like, ‘Man, I was in my own kind of world and kind of upset that I missed a lot of them (alley) oops, and then you realize how much of an impact I was making on the other end.’ “

Quote:“He was spectacular with blocked shots, rim protection,” Carlisle said of Cauley-Stein. “He blocked a three out of the left corner, which was a huge play after a timeout.

“So I’m real happy for him. After three straight losses this is a game that we had to have.”

Quote:“That’s what we’re going to need from him,” Burke said. “Sometimes every game has a different flavor, and tonight not only was he big on a couple of possessions on offense, but he was tremendous for us on defense.

“And that’s something that I feel like is good for us going forward is rewarding somebody for being the player of the game on that end of the court because it keeps us engaged.”
Like Reply
[Image: Et6ube5WQAElhjd?format=png&name=large]
Like Reply