Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
77.78%
7 77.78%
Thunder
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 46: DAL (29-17) @ OKC (28-20) | 107-97 win
Solid W against the unexpectedly competitive Thunder! They're a playoff team right now, gentlemen, so we'll keep a nice cushion of wins above the eigth seed.
Like Reply
We're going to miss Wright if he's being showcased.
Like Reply
(01-27-2020, 11:42 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: We're going to miss Wright if he's being showcased.

I really thought Rick would have a lovefest for him
Seems like a Rick type of player 
Him riding the bench a ton is robably the most confusing plot twist of the season for me
Like Reply
(01-27-2020, 11:51 PM)Jym Wrote: I really thought Rick would have a lovefest for him
Him riding the bench a ton is robably the most confusing plot twist of the season for me

It's just a math problem. Take 144 minutes and divy them up for Luka, DFS, THJ, Seth, Delon and Brunson. You might have trouble giving all of them as many minutes as you'd like. Really, the reason Delon has played back up minutes is because THJ has been so good, and a better fit with Luka.
Like Reply
(01-28-2020, 12:35 AM)fifteenth Wrote: It's just a math problem. Take 144 minutes and divy them up for Luka, DFS, THJ, Seth, Delon and Brunson. You might have trouble giving all of them as many minutes as you'd like. Really, the reason Delon has played back up minutes is because THJ has been so good, and a better fit with Luka.

Exactly. Unless the plan is to play small ball for whole season, there is simply not enough minutes for everyone.
Like Reply
(01-28-2020, 12:35 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 11:51 PM)Jym Wrote: I really thought Rick would have a lovefest for him

It's just a math problem. Take 144 minutes and divy them up for Luka, DFS, THJ, Seth, Delon and Brunson. You might have trouble giving all of them as many minutes as you'd like. Really, the reason Delon has played back up minutes is because THJ has been so good, and a better fit with Luka.

For sure 
In a lot of ways we have a roster that would work best if we played 6 on 6. Not many teams would be able to hang with us. 
But anyway you slice it he should not be 8th on the team in minutes. He's just too good and needs to be a key rotation piece 
I hope we keep the 5-out starting lineup with Curry playing similar minutes as all season. That opens up a chance for Wright to lead the bench in minutes. 
I want him around 4th or 5th in playing time every night
Like Reply
(01-27-2020, 10:15 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Good win for Mavs they were active on boards.  And disruptive under basket.  

OKC was due for a loss, CP makes a big diff.  This is how I expected most of year to go and CP has been diff maker.  This was a good game for experience for SGA. Still raw and it showed.
On the bright side your GM just got a butt load of picks and prospects so y'all should be a great team in a couple of years if not sooner...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(01-28-2020, 04:36 AM)Jym Wrote: For sure 
In a lot of ways we have a roster that would work best if we played 6 on 6. Not many teams would be able to hang with us. 
But anyway you slice it he should not be 8th on the team in minutes. He's just too good and needs to be a key rotation piece 
I hope we keep the 5-out starting lineup with Curry playing similar minutes as all season. That opens up a chance for Wright to lead the bench in minutes. 
I want him around 4th or 5th in playing time every night

I want Delon to get minutes. He's been playing more since his brother tweeted and deleted his displeasure. Maybe Rick and Delon had a talk. Or maybe it's tied to Powell being out and playing just 1 big at a time.
Like Reply
(01-28-2020, 12:35 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
Him riding the bench a ton is robably the most confusing plot twist of the season for me

Perhaps the Mavs weren't thinking of Luka as a point guard when they signed both Curry and Wright and created a bench log jam. I think it's more that they didn't anticipate THJ being so good this year and thought that Delon would be starting and THJ coming off the bench. In any event, either him or Brunson should be traded for a wing this TDL. I tend to prefer Wright due to size and defensive effort, but Brunson is younger, on that rookie contract, and for whatever reason has a far higher DRPM. Tough call. I would tend to think that the Mavs will rue it in the short-to-medium term if they trade Wright, and rue it in the long term if they trade Brunson. It really depends on what the team we're trading with wants, but I really would like to see the trade bring back a starter in any case.
Like Reply
(01-28-2020, 12:40 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Perhaps the Mavs weren't thinking of Luka as a point guard when they signed both Curry and Wright and created a bench log jam. I think it's more that they didn't anticipate THJ being so good this year and thought that Delon would be starting and THJ coming off the bench. In any event, either him or Brunson should be traded for a wing this TDL. I tend to prefer Wright due to size and defensive effort, but Brunson is younger, on that rookie contract, and for whatever reason has a far higher DRPM. Tough call. I would tend to think that the Mavs will rue it in the short-to-medium term if they trade Wright, and rue it in the long term if they trade Brunson. It really depends on what the team we're trading with wants, but I really would like to see the trade bring back a starter in any case.

The part I bolded is what I think as well. I don't trust DRPM so I don't care about that. I'd keep both and get a wing a different way, if it's possible. But if they have to keep only one, I'd keep Delon.
Like Reply