Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 11.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
8 100.00%
Hornets
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 35: CHA (15-23) @ DAL (22-13) | 120-123 OT loss
What a absolutely terrible loss
Like Reply
I hate to tell you Barea haters,  the Mavs quit scoring in the 4th when Barea went out of the game.
Like Reply
(01-04-2020, 11:14 PM)mtrot Wrote: I hate to tell you Barea haters,  the Mavs quit scoring in the 4th when Barea went out of the game.
Truth...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Well, I don’t think we’re legit title contenders anymore. Developing way too much of habit of blowing games. Gonna go look for that old thread as I think new discussion is warranted.
Like Reply
Lower percentage Boban´s 3pt shooting or Carlisle´s plays after timeouts.
Like Reply
(01-04-2020, 11:14 PM)mtrot Wrote: I hate to tell you Barea haters,  the Mavs quit scoring in the 4th when Barea went out of the game.

Goes two ways. The Mavs start defending when he is on the bench. We need to transfer Bareas brain in Wrights body to have the best of both worlds.
Like Reply
this is on rick man. again if you ask me.why only 6 mins for delon, no offensive plan but hope the 3s fall? SMH
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status...76389?s=21

I‘d really like to know our crunch time rebounding numbers.
Like Reply
(01-04-2020, 11:15 PM)DrMav Wrote: Well, I don’t think we’re legit title contenders anymore. Developing way too much of habit of blowing games. Gonna go look for that old thread as I think new discussion is warranted.

I have to agree. This team won't contend this year, but the playoff experience will be good for them. We can't close games and we absolutely suck in close games which almost playoff games are decided by a possession or two. I'm not mad at all and still going to enjoy the season, but I'm lowering my expectations. I never really considered them legit contenders this season, but I had hopes of advancing and making some noise. We're 2 losses away from the 7 seed. We are what we are.
Like Reply
(01-04-2020, 11:17 PM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status...76389?s=21

oooof

need another playmaker beside Luka

Delon and Seth aint it
Like Reply
We also aren't a good home team.
Like Reply
Someone should pass the note to Mavs, we are not tanking anymore. It is just getting ridicoulous, how they manage to blow big leads. Terrible decision making in last regular time possesions again. Zero defense in the OT. 

Powell trashers should be ashamed of yourself. Saw a lot of posts again in this thread. He was absolutely excellent. The amount of energy on the defensive end, efficient offense. Bad shooting from guards lost this game tonight. 9-39 for three combined for our guards and wings. That is 23 %. 

Refs are really making strange calls. 31-13 in free throws!?
Like Reply
(01-04-2020, 11:16 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: this is on rick

Maybe. I still think he is purposely giving this team lots of freedom to try and learn how to win....because if that is not what is going on, then he is doing a terrible job.
Like Reply
(01-04-2020, 11:16 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: this is on rick man. again if you ask me.why only 6 mins for delon, no offensive plan but hope the 3s fall? SMH
Both Delon and Jackson have just been indecisive, passive, and erratic lately.  That seems to be a recurrent problem for young Mavs players, and I won't say why I think that is.
Like Reply
I've really tried to stop bashing or blaming Rick, but it's getting harder and harder to do so.
Like Reply
(01-04-2020, 11:17 PM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status...76389?s=21

Not surprising. We don’t run many set plays in the half court. In crunch time it always comes to that.  Really sad to watch Rick who saw first hand how Dirk had a lot of post up and mid range play during our title run now following D’Antoni’s silly playbook.  I am starting to think we don’t win that title without Kidd calling the plays.
Like Reply
(01-04-2020, 11:23 PM)omahen Wrote: Someone should pass the note to Mavs, we are not tanking anymore. It is just getting ridicoulous, how they manage to blow big leads. Terrible decision making in last regular time possesions again. Zero defense in the OT. 

Powell trashers should be ashamed of yourself. Saw a lot of posts again in this thread. He was absolutely excellent. The amount of energy on the defensive end, efficient offense. Bad shooting from guards lost this game tonight. 9-39 for three combined for our guards and wings. That is 23 %. 

Refs are really making strange calls. 31-13 in free throws!?
That's what happens when you spend most of your time on the perimeter jacking up threes.
Like Reply
(01-04-2020, 11:26 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:16 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: this is on rick man. again if you ask me.why only 6 mins for delon, no offensive plan but hope the 3s fall? SMH
Both Delon and Jackson have just been indecisive, passive, and erratic lately.  That seems to be a recurrent problem for young Mavs players, and I won't say why I think that is.

They're not very good?

I mean I dont want to sound like a jackass but there's a reason they were available where/for how much they were.  Memphis didn't want to match $9 million on Delon.  Brunson is a 2nd round pick.  Jackson is a bust.  They're JAGs.
Like Reply
(01-04-2020, 11:31 PM)mtrot Wrote: That's what happens when you spend most of your time on the perimeter jacking up threes.

They were driving a lot, besides jacking up threes. Yet refs blew their whistles much quicker for Charlotte in my "objective" opinion. Not saying we lost because of refs.

(01-04-2020, 11:28 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I've really tried to stop bashing or blaming Rick, but it's getting harder and harder to do so.

I really don't understand his timeout management. Every opponent has 2 timeouts left for final minute, we have 0. Everytime.
Like Reply
Bullets:
  • What a bad loss. Vegas had Mavs as 12-pt favorite and ESPN forecast gave us 95% to win the game. So much for that lol. For some weird reason the team especially seems to struggle at home and it further confirms that Dallas is trending down. There's is no "great to come back from down 20" and whatever. Just a very annoying loss that's a great reminder that we should hype, but not overhype the group.
  • The once "historic" offense is no longer working for a full 48 minutes and as we've seen tonight we can't even reliably contain a very mediocre offensive team in Charlotte. Maxi did what he could to help Luka but otherwise we ran out of weapons. Wright, Brunson, Jackson, and Powell were not contributing enough.
  • We need to get back to full strength asap. THJ's scoring and KP's rebounding are missing. Biyombo and Zeller had some sequences where they got like five shots in a row because Powell was completely outmatched. More than that, Luka has to shoulder too much weight. We have 3 in 4 upcoming against Denver, Philadelphia, and Lakers. I hoped that Dallas would be able to regroup during the home stand, but this loss is not a great sign.
  • Mavs definitely have a late-game execution issue. They were up double digits already in the 4th and blew it again. This can't happen.
  • I would however challenge that this particular game was lost earlier. You can't give a bad team hope by not showing up in the first quarters. That applies to the team, but also fans. The AAC was a complete ghost town until Maxi hit that buzzer beater going into the halftime. Pathetic.
  • Give the Hornets credit for fouling up three. Mavs never got a chance tying this thing in overtime.
  • Gotta say that these type of games really suck the fun out of an otherwise nice season. Of course Clippers and Denver also lost vs. weak opponents, which makes this even more annoying or less of a pain, depending on whether you prefer a glass half full or half empty approach.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply