Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 95, Lakers 108
(12-30-2019, 09:14 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: mavsluvr.  I understand the modern trend and analytics. However that also has to be sensibly blended with the abilities of the studs you have. 

GS had 3 of history’s best 3 pt shooters. If that’s the only way to win now then we will never win a title with KP and Luka, neither of whom are very good 3 pt shooters, let alone historical.  

BTW, GS also got mid range play from Livingston and KD is a great shooter from anywhere on the court.  

I am not even asking to change the style completely anyway as much as run set plays (not junk lobs that even Powell can get ) that we can go to time and again in half court sets when defenses get physical. That will be the next step in the evolution of this current core
Agree that the Mavs need to have a better approach when teams get physical. Half-court sets designed to deal with that might help. I tend to think the issues are more youth and a dearth of players built to combat physicality. The Mavs tend to get flustered and fall apart under pressure, and I think that is more or less a growing pain that will improve with experience. In terms of personnel, the Mavs just don't have anyone capable of guarding an AD. The Mavs have a lot of good system players, and I love them all, but there are probably better versions of them out there somewhere, and it will take a little time to develop a championship roster. 

I personally don't think running more half-court sets is necessarily going to move the needle much on the offensive side, although you may be right that it would help a little. Where this team really needs to improve is defensively. I look for them to try to shore up the squad on that end.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 95, Lakers 108 - by mavsluvr - 12-31-2019, 03:07 AM