Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Thunder
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 33: DAL (21-12) @ OKC (18-15) | 101-106 loss
Blowing leads at end of game is Coaching.

Run a set where you can get Luka in tbe post when your up 5, need to mix it up 50 threes when your not hitting them is bad basketball.
Like Reply
We missed a few wide open three pointers. Happens. I´d rather know why 5´11 CP3 can take four straight jumpers from the free throw line (2-3 completely uncontested).
Like Reply
(01-01-2020, 12:24 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: We missed a few wide open three pointers. Happens. I´d rather know why 5´11 CP3 can take four straight jumpers from the free throw line (2-3 completely uncontested).

Because the Mavs defensive scheme matches the offensive one. No 3s or layups. Give up the midrange.
Like Reply
(12-31-2019, 08:14 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 08:49 PM)BolsDamols Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 06:44 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: https://twitter.com/dmn_mavericks/status...5511327750

Translation: They will play!   Smile
I hope so, I'm leaving to go to the game at 12 today. Meeting up with one of my nephews (who is a Thunder first fan, but a Mavs fan too...when they're not playing the Thunder) to watch it with him. Would love to see Luka play there!
Was curious how your experience was.  I know the game didn’t turn out how you wanted but am hoping you still had fun in general.
Like Reply
(01-01-2020, 01:34 PM)ThunderMav Wrote:
(12-31-2019, 08:14 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 08:49 PM)BolsDamols Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 06:44 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: https://twitter.com/dmn_mavericks/status...5511327750

Translation: They will play!   Smile
I hope so, I'm leaving to go to the game at 12 today. Meeting up with one of my nephews (who is a Thunder first fan, but a Mavs fan too...when they're not playing the Thunder) to watch it with him. Would love to see Luka play there!
Was curious how your experience was.  I know the game didn’t turn out how you wanted but am hoping you still had fun in general.
It was really great. I am a fan of the Thunder as long as they aren’t against the Mavs. I was so glad it was a close game throughout cause I like seeing the team face that adversity. Wish KP played cause his absence on the defensive end was really noticeable. Lots of Mavs fans there as I’ve noticed in the past which makes it ok to root for my team. Got some good natured ribbing after the result was sealed, which was fun. We didn’t do anything else afterwards because our babysitter had plans for NYE after we got back, so just went home and discussed til midnight. Good time! I’m a fan of OKC!
Like Reply
I think what we are seeing is how Luka is about to be defended for the rest of the year.

I don't think I've ever seen teams take a player full court, that aggressively for the whole game very often if any.  I've also not seen a star get beat like that up and down the court and not get more fouls, though.  I will say that.

I don't like this tendency by the officials to settle into allowing Luka to be beat to death.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(01-01-2020, 02:36 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I think what we are seeing is how Luka is about to be defended for the rest of the year.

I don't think I've ever seen teams take a player full court, that aggressively for the whole game very often if any.  I've also not seen a star get beat like that up and down the court and not get more fouls, though.  I will say that.

I don't like this tendency by the officials to settle into allowing Luka to be beat to death.
I agree, the word is now out in the league that it can be effective to bully the Mavs, and Luka in particular when he is bringing up the ball.  Either Rick is going to have to confront the officials over defenses taking liberties with a budding superstar, or the Mavs are going to sometimes have a different player bring the ball up.  Once we get the ball into the half court, it's easy to hand it back off to Luka by use of good picks.
Like Reply
(01-01-2020, 02:36 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I think what we are seeing is how Luka is about to be defended for the rest of the year.

We have seen the same playbook with Harden as he progresses deeper into the playoffs.  We enjoyed it then. You don’t think Bron gets beat up?  

I remember the same complaints  from Mavs fans when Dirk was aggressively defended in 2006 by Posey and Haslem . 

What changed was Dirk realized that to combat physical play you have to have moves closer to the basket to complement your outside game. 

Luka is a big boy who can also bully people down low. Kp is a 7’3” guy who should be allowed to take his share of mid range shots, despite what analytics dictate how the game should be played. Even I can coach asking the team to just jack up 50 3 pt shots.  Time for the players and coaches to acknowledge that they have fallen so much in love with certain aspects of the modern game, that they have forgotten certain lessons from 2011...lessons that are timeless and still hold true when physical play is taken up a notch.
Like Reply