Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 141, Warriors 121
My observations:
- THJ is a legit starter and Seth is the perfect 6th man compliment. The beauty of the Mavs' depth is that Rick can and does taper THJ's minutes when he's off. Any shooter is going to be streaky but THJ is getting it done and his defense is much better. 
- Defense in the first half was terrible. I could not understand why we didn't go to the trap sooner on Russell. Mavs did really well with it later on.
- Defense in the 2nd half looked great. I can see how Powell is a good team defender. His on-ball defense against opposing PF's on the block is not good. It was not exposed in this game and many others where there is no PF on the block. Both LA teams and Denver have PF's that can exploit Powell. I hope at some point Mavs figure out a way to help Powell more in those situations.
- That Chriss should have gotten tossed from the game. BS that he pushed Luka over a camera man and didn't get tossed. All those GSW guys are bitches.
- Kerr is showing he's actually a good coach. I am really worried ab the Warriors team next year. They are going to re-rack and be the favorite in the West next year. I want Mavs to go big now not wait for 2 years from now.
- Warriors tried to out-Mavs the Mavs and almost did it. I think they have the formula how to win games without a lot of star power. If you can make 3's and play defense you can win games. They might move up several spots by the end of the year and mess up the Mavs' pick.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 141, Warriors 121 - by StepBackJay - 12-29-2019, 10:12 AM