Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 11.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
78.57%
11 78.57%
Warriors
21.43%
3 21.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
GAME 31: DAL (21-10) @ GSW (8-25) | 141-121 win
(12-28-2019, 10:56 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: New NBA record for most 3s by both teams in a single game.
Warriors announcers said they were one short for the last five minutes of the game and couldn´t make one combined. Would be surprised, if they were wrong on that given that´s all they talked about for the last five minutes.
Like Reply
(12-28-2019, 10:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: We just witnessed a 7'3 guy hesitate, take a big man off the dribble and make a perfect jump pass to a guy in the corner (and Maxi hit it!), then come on down the other end and play great rim defense and block a shot.

KP really is a unicorn.

I don't know, that's cool and all, but he's 7'3", he should start closer to the basket.
Like Reply
KPs emerging drive and dish game off the 3 point close out is borderline unfair.
Like Reply
(12-27-2019, 02:42 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 02:37 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 02:09 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: GS turned to KDs iso/post up game in crucial moments. Raptors turned to Kawhis oldman Jordan game last season. What you are mentioning is working in 9/10 cases and I want the Mavs to run a pick and roll motion offense.
For me the entire postup debate isn´t really about KP. It´s more about the Mavs needing a different scheme on offense to get buckets when the shooters are cold and the pick and roll motion offense isn´t working. Isos, post ups, whatever works. They need a bail out option.
I don´t want them to end up like the D´Anthony Rockets. Missing 19 consecutive 3s in game 7 of the conference finals.

At the moment a Luka drive is the Mavs bail out play.

And a Harden drive was the bail out for the Rockets. Did not work. Not as reliable as a midrange shot or postup if I am just interested in 2-points for a single possession.
And that´s ignoring that Luka is more likely to shoot a step back 3 in those situations anyway.

(12-29-2019, 01:44 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: KPs emerging drive and dish game off the 3 point close out is borderline unfair.

I agree. If you hesitate because you think he might fire a pass to the corner, he dribbles once and dunks. And if a big slides over to prevent the dunk, KP lobs to Powell.
Like Reply
(12-29-2019, 01:48 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 02:42 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 02:37 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 02:09 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: GS turned to KDs iso/post up game in crucial moments. Raptors turned to Kawhis oldman Jordan game last season. What you are mentioning is working in 9/10 cases and I want the Mavs to run a pick and roll motion offense.
For me the entire postup debate isn´t really about KP. It´s more about the Mavs needing a different scheme on offense to get buckets when the shooters are cold and the pick and roll motion offense isn´t working. Isos, post ups, whatever works. They need a bail out option.
I don´t want them to end up like the D´Anthony Rockets. Missing 19 consecutive 3s in game 7 of the conference finals.

At the moment a Luka drive is the Mavs bail out play.

And a Harden drive was the bail out for the Rockets. Did not work. Not as reliable as a midrange shot or postup if I am just interested in 2-points for a single possession.
And that´s ignoring that Luka is more likely to shoot a step back 3 in those situations anyway.

(12-29-2019, 01:44 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: KPs emerging drive and dish game off the 3 point close out is borderline unfair.

I agree. If you hesitate because you think he might fire a pass to the corner, he dribbles once and dunks. And if a big slides over to prevent the dunk, KP lobs to Powell.

I think that's because he's playing with Luka and seeing that type of stuff all the time.  He's not as gifted with vision like Luka, but if you see someone do that often enough, you'll start seeing some of the things they see, and if there's anyone who can see over the defense (which is a big part of what Luka can do), it's KP.  He doesn't have the handle or the skill of Luka, but he does have skill to pass and drive, so he can be successful there.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply