Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s time to close the deal on Iggy
Iggy is rested now. He had to be overused in the finals and was overexposed. Mavs would need him under 20 mpg for defense. On offense he would get mostly easy buckets off of cuts, put backs and would probably shoot a few wide open corner 3s a game. Trading him for a late 2nd round pick or two is a no brainer.

(12-28-2019, 09:44 AM)Dundalis Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 10:03 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: He’s one year older than last year, when he was fantastic in this role playing modest minutes.  Even if he’s slipped, he’d still be good in exactly the role this team needs.  If he’s playing the right half of the season, the business end, it would be well worth it.  This is a fully rebuilt team now.  This is not the time to look for long term mainstays.  This is the time to add a final critical piece to win a championship this year with a deep team built around the league’s best player (actually the third or fourth best player I’ve ever seen in over 30 years of watching basketball).  The Mavs need to start thinking like a contender.
Is this what delusion is like?? If you honestly think a 35 year old Andre Iguodala who hasn't played a single game this season is anything remotely approaching the final piece to contend for championship, you are off your nut.

This team does NOT need anymore high quality role players. We have a plethora of them. Another one isn't going to move the needle much at all. What the team needs the most is another high caliber starter. Andre Iguodala is not a high caliber starter at this point in his career. Not remotely. Sure he would be a decent addition if he could be had for cheap. He'd have a nice place in the rotation. But final piece for us to become a contender is completely and utterly laughable.

Mavs need another defender. DFS is good, but Iggy adds one more guy and Iggy even at 35 can lock down LeBron or Paul George. I don't think he would start but I could see lineups where he and DFS play the 3 and 4 together with Powell on the bench. He would also be used to spell DFS.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: It’s time to close the deal on Iggy - by StepBackJay - 12-28-2019, 09:46 AM