Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s time to close the deal on Iggy
(12-27-2019, 09:52 PM)omahen Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 09:46 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: A 2nd round pick late in the 2nd is not going to help you at all with a THJ trade. My whole point is that Iggy's contract number is a real problem for Memphis. There just isn't a lot of matches out there. In my view if the Mavs don't want Iggy I think he gets bought out not traded. I do think that would be foolish of the Mavs unless they have a bet deal lined up.

Portland could use him and has the contracts to do it. Miami has a ton of bad contracts to pull the trade.

Memphis is NOT taking a bad contract without attaching a pick. The going rate (as set by Memphis) is a 1st for a salary that expires in 1yr. They WANT another pick for the player without taking salary. All that said, if teams want Memphis to take salary that is NOT expiring the cost for Iggy is more than a single 1st.

Dallas does have a slight opportunity in that they have a potential offer of reduced salary and a 2nd before Memphis has to cut Iggy. At some point near the deadline Dallas may have to decide to pull the trigger, up the offer, or let Iggy choose which Western conference foe with whom he wants to chase the ring.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: It’s time to close the deal on Iggy - by SkenfromLMF - 12-27-2019, 11:27 PM