Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 102, Spurs 98
(12-27-2019, 04:08 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 03:50 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: Coop is not wrong though. Having a post up game was what made Dirk grow into a complete player.  

KP isn't Dirk and the NBA isn't the same. KP is playing like a 7'3" shooting guard. Don't close out, he'll nail his open look. Close out on him and he'll floor the ball and dunk with one dribble. He's being coached to take high value shots and it's starting to work. We don't need to mold him into what other tall guys have been.
 For the first time ever  I sense stubbornness from you and not even reading what I posted. I talked clearly about the differences between Dirk and KP and didnt ask him to be molded like Dirk at all.  

High post sets are being run by the Nuggets extensively right now.  Yes KP is not Jokic either but other than Jokic’s vision KP can do all the other things and some even better than Jokic due to his speed.  

If the best use for a 7’3” athletic, versatile guy who is being paid the max is park him at the 3 pt line then we are missing using him to his full potential...by a lot.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 102, Spurs 98 - by hakeemfan - 12-27-2019, 09:20 AM