Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 102, Spurs 98
Bingo Fifteenth. We do not want to be associated with the Rockets due to their organizational living in the past as well as their tendency to blame refs first and always: not to mention wining.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
The thing noone seems to talk about, but was very evident and notable in my eyes, is how Luka's body changed in less than two weeks. He looked like last year, too high body fat and seemingly gassed at the end. Hope he gets back to the shape he was at the beginning of the year.
Like Reply
(12-27-2019, 05:13 PM)Thukydides Wrote: The thing noone seems to talk about, but was very evident and notable in my eyes, is how Luka's body changed in less than two weeks. He looked like last year,  too high body fat and seemingly gassed at the end. Hope he gets back to the shape he was at the beginning  of the year.

I thought I was the only one that noticed that Smile
Like Reply
End of games are similar to playoff games , Mavs need to find away to get easy baskets at end of games. Mavs have been bad of late at end of games. I think it is Luka in the low block with Kp making and entry pass.
Like Reply
(12-27-2019, 02:55 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: I don’t care if KP wants to post up or not. The main issue is over reliance on the 3 pt shot and regardless of our historical levels we don’t have KD, Steph, and Klay that we can be confident it will work in the playoffs too when defenses take it up a notch.

If we are content to be the Rox and struggle as we go deeper in the playoffs that is fine. Else realize that while we can still get a ton of 3s we have two unique guys who can also get a lot of easier buckets.  Drive and kick need not be the main wrinkle. No other team has KP. Take advantage of his versatility with some high post sets too.
Hey, HF. I was wondering if you still posted here. Good to see you on the board. 

If I understand your position correctly, you think the Mavs should run maybe 10 or fewer plays per game for KP out of the high post. I guess the question would be why the Mavs should try to fix an offense that isn't broke. Your answer would be, if I understand correctly, that the team needs to have this in their arsenal for times when their "normal" offense isn't working. And for the playoffs, when midrange shots might be the only shots available. 

Agree that it is good to have this option, along with others, available as an arrow in their quiver. I guess the question would be whether they should intentionally run plays to get KP what the Mavs consider to be a bad shot. Your answer, maybe, is that this type of offense was a staple when Dirk was here, and Denver is running it now. The further question might be whether this type of play really results in easier baskets. KP does attempt this from time to time, and the effects are pretty terrible. He averages something like .7 ppp on these plays, which is awful. The guy is not Dirk, which you have acknowledged. So, if these are low-percentage plays considering the personnel,  would the team be running these plays to get KP to perfect his technique for when he ends up being forced to engage in them?

Not saying they shouldn't do this. Just trying to hone in on your view of the reasons and advantages in context. 

Appreciate the discussion.
Like Reply