Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rest in Peace, Dad
My Dad passed away a little over a month ago at the age of 55. He "lost" his battle with colon cancer after being diagnosed about a year ago. It's hard to say that he lost because he fought so hard against impossible odds. Even at the end he was as strong as a bull.

My Dad is the one who got me interested in basketball. We had one hell of a court set up in our driveway when I was growing up. If it weren't for him I probably wouldn't care about basketball or find myself on this forum today. Thank you Dad.

My Dad was 10x the player I ever was. Here is a picture of him from his HS team. He is the white guy on the right.

[Image: Lumii-20191224-121243734.jpg]

Love you Dad. Miss you.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
RIP to your Dad.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Cancer sucks so fucking much. 

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Years though. And I gotta tell your Dad thanks in prayers for getting you interested in basketball! The forum wouldn't be the same without the fresh Dougie!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
I hate Cancer also...my dad was a deadbeat who left before I was 3...21 years ago I lost my Mom to that bastard disease...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(12-24-2019, 03:03 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I hate Cancer also...my dad was a deadbeat who left before I was 3...21 years ago I lost my Mom to that bastard disease...

Thanks for the nice replies guys Heart

Sorry to hear that Clutch. I hope there is a Mrs. Clutch and maybe some little Clutches for you to spend the Holidays with or at least some good friends  Smile
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
I wish you all strength in this world. Lost my dad to cancer as well, he died at 54. Basically changed my entire life.

I hope you have a good support system. I didn't cope well.
Like Reply
Sorry for your loss.  Thanks for sharing with us, honoring your Father.
 [Image: 7980-Large.png]
Like Reply
Sorry for your loss, and RIP to your dad...
Like Reply