Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Deni Avdija to POR | Brogdon+14th pick+2029 FRP+ 2 2nds to WAS
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
The Washington Wizards are trading F Deni Avdija to the Portland Trail Blazers for Malcolm Brogdon and the 14th pick tonight and 2029 pick, sources tell ESPN.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Sean Highkin (@highkin)
Another reminder that most of the time, the deals that actually happen don't get leaked out as talks beforehand.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
The Blazers are sending the second most favorable of their 2029 first-round picks and two second-round picks in the deal for Avdija, sources tell ESPN.
Like Reply
Just out of the Mavs price range. Not sure what Portland is trying to do but I guess he is on the same timeline as Sharpe and Henderson. I guess that means Grant and/or Thybulle are gone.
Like Reply
I think their plan is to recoup the value they spent on Deni with Grant+Thybulle.

2 FRPs, and 2 2nds is A LOT for Avdija. Like a crap ton.
Like Reply
household names are all beyond our buy power it seems like. I'll be happy as long as we retain DJJ for a reasonable price (a bit more than 10m/yr) and sign some solid role players this summer.
Like Reply
Man even the terrible teams in the West have some really fun and good talent.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 06:20 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Man even the terrible teams in the West have some really fun and good talent.

Every single east team is just shipping all their talent to the West.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Chicagojk
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 06:21 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Every single east team is just shipping all their talent to the West.

well Dallas let a pretty good player go East.   Ha ha.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 06:23 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: well Dallas let a pretty good player go East.   Ha ha.

He was a good player when he left, he's a great player now.
Like Reply
Just watch them trade for D. Murray and try to compete with Murray/Simons/Avdija/Grant/Ayton, cause yay more competition.
Like Reply
Missing out on our guy, just like in the bad old days. Yay, the fruits of Lindsay's departure already coming home to roost.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • LukaMVP
Like Reply
deni is simply beyond our affordability to buy imho. even if we go all-in we still can't make up an offer as appealing as Portland's. the addition of deni on blazers roster will probably make Thybulle a surplus and maybe we can assemble some scrubs into an offer for him.
Like Reply
For those hoping to see Grant in a Mavs uniform, like myself, this is low-key good news, maybe. On one hand, I think they just ducked the tax, so maybe they focus more on moving Ayton now and just keep Grant, but on the other hand, if they do move him, they can't ask for as much as they just paid for the younger Advija on a better contract.

Grant might actually be in the Mavs' price range.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For those hoping to see Grant in a Mavs uniform, like myself, this is low-key good news, maybe. On one hand, I think they just ducked the tax, so maybe they focus more on moving Ayton now and just keep Grant, but on the other hand, if they do move him, they can't ask for as much as they just paid for the younger Advija on a better contract.

His price is dependent on the demand, as long as multiple teams want Grant, it will be an auction and having Adv won't mean much
Like Reply
they may demand less for grant. bidders know this so the starting price would be a bit lower in the auction than it would've otherwise been. but still some teams will outbid us whatsoever imho.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:42 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: His price is dependent on the demand, as long as multiple teams want Grant, it will be an auction and having Adv won't mean much

Disagree. I think Grant has objectively less trade value than Advija (unless everyone here is wrong about how good Deni is), due to a bad contract and age. It's true he's a much better scorer than Advija, but the contract is a big deal in these trades, as we keep learning over and over again. If Portland tries to gouge teams, especially having just set expectations in one of their own deals, teams just won't pay. 

That's a tactic they can take if they're willing to keep Grant, but if they want to move him, they'll need to be reasonable. 

Then again, who even knows what Portland is doing?
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For those hoping to see Grant in a Mavs uniform, like myself, this is low-key good news, maybe. On one hand, I think they just ducked the tax, so maybe they focus more on moving Ayton now and just keep Grant, but on the other hand, if they do move him, they can't ask for as much as they just paid for the younger Advija on a better contract.

Just wanna say you've been killing it recently with all your posts. Loving what your writing
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 09:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Just wanna say you've been killing it recently with all your posts. Loving what your writing

Nothing like what you're doing with the draft tonight, my guy! Nice work!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
So sad the Deni dream is dead
Like Reply