Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Bojan+ Haul of Picks to BRK | Mikal Bridges to NYK
[Image: GQ9yEnpWgAAQOwE?format=jpg&name=medium]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
@wojespn
BREAKING: The Brooklyn Nets have agreed in principle on a trade to send F Mikal Bridges to the New York Knicks for Bojan Bogdanovic, four unprotected first-round picks, a protected first-round pick via Bucks, an unprotected pick swap and a second-rounder, sources tell ESPN.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
@wojespn
The Knicks are sending four unprotected picks (2025, 2027, 2029, 2031) a 2025 protected Milwaukee first, a 2028 unprotected pick swap and a 2025 second-round pick for Mikal Bridges and a 2026 second-round pick, sources tell ESPN.
Like Reply
@IanBegley
The Mikal Bridges deal came together quickly after Bridges informed the Nets that he wanted to be a Knick. Bridges was prepared to sign with NYK and his side was prepared to use that leverage to keep other teams from trading for him, per SNY sources.
Like Reply
All those picks and Brunson is still the best player
wild
[-] The following 3 users Like Jym's post:
  • audiosway, HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Is it unfair for me to say that yes, even though this deal makes NYK much better, that they are going to regret this Bridges deal?

He's very good. Amazing 2nd/3rd guy. But he's not worth all of that at all. I know NYK still has a lot of FRPs left (2-3 I'm pretty sure), but this is basically their all in move.

The Villanova Knicks
Like Reply
Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral)
The Brooklyn Nets overall return for Kevin Durant is wild ?

Cam Johnson
8 unprotected 1st-round picks
1 protected 1st-round pick
2028 1st-round pick swap
2028 unprotected pick swap
3 2nd-round picks
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Jym
Like Reply
@wojespn
The Knicks are still determined to keep OG Anunoby in free agency, sources tell ESPN, but the ability to resign center Isaiah Hartenstein becomes more difficult now. The Knicks are loading up on wings to match up with the NBA champion Boston Celtics.
Like Reply
(06-25-2024, 09:35 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Is it unfair for me to say that yes, even though this deal makes NYK much better, that they are going to regret this Bridges deal?

He's very good. Amazing 2nd/3rd guy. But he's not worth all of that at all. I know NYK still has a lot of FRPs left (2-3 I'm pretty sure), but this is basically their all in move.

The Villanova Knicks

the Celts would still have the 2 best players in a series 
just an interesting all-in move
Like Reply
(06-25-2024, 09:39 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @wojespn
The Knicks are still determined to keep OG Anunoby in free agency, sources tell ESPN, but the ability to resign center Isaiah Hartenstein becomes more difficult now. The Knicks are loading up on wings to match up with the NBA champion Boston Celtics.

I wonder if OG will give them a discount?  Great place to play now in a fun atmosphere.  Philly may roll out the brinks trunk though.   Philly is not quite as fun place to play.  They have a star who is injured often and a GM who would trade his mother for the right trade.   I think Philly comes hard for OG.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-25-2024, 09:41 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I wonder if OG will give them a discount?  Great place to play now in a fun atmosphere.  Philly may roll out the brinks trunk though.   Philly is not quite as fun place to play.  They have a star who is injured often and a GM who would trade his mother for the right trade.   I think Philly comes hard for OG.

I think OG will absolutely not give them a discount. I think he's going to command at least 35mm a year. No way the Mavs can get in on that though. I think Philly will be the ones trying to pry him away when its all said and done.
Like Reply
NYK are tampering like no other, these rumors have been around for a while. This is a massive over pay for Mikal, who I think is over rated.

It will be interesting to see if they can sign OG back. Even though Sam Rose (Leons son) is his agent at CAA, OG may sign with Philly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luka77's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Better NY than OKC
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
NYK is hard capped at the 1st apron I'm pretty sure if this is the finalized deal.
Like Reply
not having sufficient space and capitals doesn't mean we don't have opportunities to make good signings imho. DJJ was a good signings and we just need to search carefully to find similar ones this summer, and it should be easier since we are now a legit contender and more attractive to ring chasers. Bruce brown only earned 5m/yr the year they won the championship. those guys who outplay their salaries are what we need imho.
Like Reply
Yossi Gozlan (@YossiGozlan)
The Brooklyn Nets can generate a $21.7 million trade exception for trading Mikal Bridges.

This would require them to acquire Bojan Bogdanovic into their $20 million Spencer Dinwiddie trade exception.
Like Reply
(06-25-2024, 09:39 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @wojespn

It's a copycat league. Boston is the blueprint now.
Like Reply
Boston blueprint only suits teams with massive assets and Boston's success was largely attributed to the stupidity of the nets, so it's probably not replicable for us imho. we'd better follow the manner of nuggets or the 03-07 spurs, that's to build round 3-4 core guys with solid role players. we now have a good core of luka/Kyrie/PJ/lively to work with, just upgrade our starting SF and the bench with smart signings and we will play the Celtics or another Eastern team again in the finals next season.
Like Reply
Looks like Knicks are the best when it comes to convincing players they want to play for them.

On the other hand, I am in the club that is not so sure that this move will put them on the top. I think they lack in star power, despite perhaps best set of wings in the league. I don't think there is any chance OG walks.
Like Reply
A CBA question. Why are the Knicks hard capped?

If the deal is executed in June, wouldn't that make the hard cap gone in July?
The difference between Bogi and Mikal salary is less than 2 mil. Wouldn't it make a ton of sense to just add a player like Sims to the deal and erase the hard cap issue?
Like Reply