Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Raptors 110
(12-23-2019, 11:28 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 11:08 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: So anyone expecting the organization to sell the farm in January to bring in a couple of vets to seal a title run might want to think about whether it makes sense to adjust their expectations. 
I haven’t seen anyone with any expectations (well, maybe Scott, not sure) of doing something like you said. There have been proposals that people think would work out better for this team, none of them sell the farm proposals. Also, it is a worthy point of debate to question the validity of any action or inaction of the FO of course IMO.
Yes, in my mind there are two independent subjects of inquiry.

Are the Mavs in ultimate win-now mode?
Should the Mavs be in ultimate win-now mode?

My comment is directed at the first inquiry. What is the reality of the Mavericks' thinking? If a fan wants the team, for example, to acquire player A, it may be helpful to know whether the organization in fact has an interest in that. Let's say they don't. The fan can still legitimately think they should. And he may equally legitimately decide to stop figuring out ways the team can acquire Player A and move on if he believes the club isn't going in that direction.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Raptors 110 - by mavsluvr - 12-23-2019, 11:36 PM