Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Fish here. Latest
All,
I appreciate how so many of you are hanging out at the Sports Illustrated DallasBasketball.com ... even with the growing pains!
I ALSO appreciate how many of you have the passion to support Magik's project here ... and I support it, too.
SI's not going to allow me to 'incorporate' Magik's site with mine. But I still look at this as I always have - that all of us are MFFL, and have so many shared thoughts and wishes there ... and that the Mavs "pie'' is big enough to go around for everybody.
It's why Skin and I have been so supportive of the blogger/podcaster parties that we've been involved in. Skin's got his own podcast, and DBcom has its own ... but (maybe because we're old and grandfatherly!) we embrace the work of other and younger guys and gals.
Same thing here.
My focus is on my work and my work is at DBcom. But Magik and Clutch and SleepingH and Fifteenth and Kamm and I could go on and on and on ... have been BIG parts of my work and my fun. So I'll interact here (unless I get banned!) and y'all do what fits you best; I'm happy to have heard from a bunch of guys who think 'us vs. them' is self-defeating and silly ... and who simply want to enjoy both, and Mavs.com and Reddit and other stuff, too.
That 'bunch' includes me. Good conversations here, good content and conversations there ... all good.
Thanks
Fish
Like Reply
(09-23-2019, 12:25 PM)dbmrfish19@yahoo.com Wrote: I ALSO appreciate how many of you have the passion to support Magik's project here ... and I support it, too.

So I'll interact here (unless I get banned!) and y'all do what fits you best; I'm happy to have heard from a bunch of guys who think 'us vs. them' is self-defeating and silly ... and who simply want to enjoy both, and Mavs.com and Reddit and other stuff, too.
That 'bunch' includes me. Good conversations here, good content and conversations there ... all good.
Thanks
Fish

Fish, inbetween classes and missed your call but will call you later this evening, Sir. 
I have just felt really bad after realizing SI won't want to incorporate it... I haven't meant to step on any toes, and this was only ever made with purest of intentions to help you... 

I have been scared I upset you, or anything... I hope you know I have respect for you and this was only ever made to help you. I would have happily given the keys over as I did it FOR you. 
I must say I do appreciate your words here, and of course, you won't get banned thats silly! hahaha

I have also posted some at the SI site and will continue to do so, I just have been a bit busy figuring things out here, but I will contribute conversations to both. We also can still post your articles as posts here, and help funnel some traffic to your site, as that at least still helps with the original goal. So feel free to post a thread here for your news articles and they can link to your site at SI, I am cool with that, and I am sure the rest of us are as well! 

We all gathered originally because of you Sir, so I do think you're right these can both exist, and this site can still benefit you as well. 

I will call you this evening after our auditions(we are hosting auditions to hire actors for my films I am making(and other people's films))
Like Reply
Fish at the end of the day I believe folks will still read and quote what you have to say or wrote pertaining to the Mavs...I still trust your info more than any of the other local guys and above most other national media besides Stein Sham and Woj...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Good stuff, Mike.

Thanks for the update. Two separate sites that coexist looked like the way the wind was blowing from my view on the sidelines. For the good of the MFFL, I hope that db.com/SI and Magic's Mavs site both prosper! I'll have to visit both sites, at the very least, because I'm sure I'm going to have to come over and set you straight on some of your articles at some point  Cool, but mainly because I'll be checking in to see who has the goods on the Mavs. 

I'll say this, if each site maintains the quality of the Mavs talk that we've all enjoyed for a couple of decades then all the Mavs fans win.

(09-23-2019, 12:55 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 12:25 PM)dbmrfish19@yahoo.com Wrote: I ALSO appreciate how many of you have the passion to support Magik's project here ... and I support it, too.

So I'll interact here (unless I get banned!) and y'all do what fits you best; I'm happy to have heard from a bunch of guys who think 'us vs. them' is self-defeating and silly ... and who simply want to enjoy both, and Mavs.com and Reddit and other stuff, too.
Thanks
Fish

Fish, inbetween classes and missed your call but will call you later this evening, Sir. 
I have just felt really bad after realizing SI won't want to incorporate it... I haven't meant to step on any toes, and this was only ever made with purest of intentions to help you... 

I have been scared I upset you, or anything... I hope you know I have respect for you and this was only ever made to help you. I would have happily given the keys over as I did it FOR you. 
I must say I do appreciate your words here, and of course, you won't get banned thats silly! hahaha

I have also posted some at the SI site and will continue to do so, I just have been a bit busy figuring things out here, but I will contribute conversations to both. We also can still post your articles as posts here, and help funnel some traffic to your site, as that at least still helps with the original goal. So feel free to post a thread here for your news articles and they can link to your site at SI, I am cool with that, and I am sure the rest of us are as well! 

We all gathered originally because of you Sir, so I do think you're right these can both exist, and this site can still benefit you as well. 

I will call you this evening after our auditions(we are hosting auditions to hire actors for my films I am making(and other people's films))

You're a good dude Magic.
Like Reply
Thanks Fish,  I will hang out at both sites since no one can stop me except the cruel mods.   Wink

I do feel sad that the sites have to be split up.

I really really like this set up here though, curious what will happen when this thing gets huge and somebody wants to buy this place?

Magickian is the creator.  Just curious...I mean someone has to make the ultimate decisions.

Do we need to pay dues or help with running this thing expense wise?
Like Reply
Hey, Kumbayah is an all time great! 

[amplist]
[source]"https://youtu.be/1w3Lm_gu-ZY" title=""[/source]
[/amplist]
Like Reply
Fish and all here, I love my Mavs basketball so I intend to try to monitor and respond to both sites. I am disappointed the two could not combine. Thanks Fish for being so magnanimous in your support of both. Thanks Magickian for your really good work! I too support you in your studies and your career as that is what my whole career was about doing. I certainly don't know what the future holds for either of the two sites but what you have given of your time is appreciated. This type of effort for the common good will pay off in the end, I have no doubt. Besides, we Maverick fans have so much to be excited about!

I'll head back over to the other version of dallasbasketball.com now to see what's up. Seems as those most of the team is here and ready to go. Oh wait, I have to NBA.com first to buy some tickets for my Christmas Dallas visit. God I miss my season tickets but NBA League Pass gets me by.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply