Poll: Who will win the game? (Raps 2.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
61.54%
8 61.54%
Raptors
38.46%
5 38.46%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 29: DAL (19-10) @ TOR (21-8) | 107-110 loss (Mavs had 30 pt lead)
Glad Rick took the blame. I have no idea why he played a small lineup again. Maxi only played 15 min, what the hell? Our defense was suffocating. I do not have the number of fouls for each of our bigs but even if Maxi has 5 fouls you would play him until he fouled out. 15 minutes. Unbelievable. Our bigs played great in this game. I thought our interior defense was suffocating. And then Rick ran the small ball lineup and didn't seem to have a plan to counteract the full court press deployed by the Raptors for almost the whole fourth quarter. I know a full court press can be effective in a short stint but surely it can get beat. In theory with the right pass you basically get an easy basket on the other end.

(12-22-2019, 07:29 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 07:22 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Arrgh. Been busy recently and forgot to DVR this one because it was early in the day, when looking up when the game started I saw we were up a bunch late in the 3rd and assumed we would win. Can someone tell me what the hell happened?

It was a historical night.

Rick went small 3-4 guard lineups and Nurse let lose his end of bench + Lowry on a clear mission to press Dallas to death. 

They failed to control the game even once in the fourth quarter. No disruptive fouls, no physical play, no ball controll. 

The Raptors D consumed them and lead to multiple extra possessions.

Rick didn't adjust at all and they choked away in the biggest meltdown I ever witnessed and the biggest in franchise history.

Rick really played Wright + Brunson + Curry + Broekhoff + Finney Smith lineup.

It's really unbelievable. That's a hail Mary lineup you run out there when you are down big and need to score quickly. Did Rick have money on the Raps or something? Lol what in the world Rick?

An open letter to Rick...

Please no more small lineups late in games when teams are trying to come back. 

Also play Maxi.

Also JJB is on this team. When you are up 23 to start the 4th quarter just throw him out there. Have him play the whole quarter. He won't F up a lead I promise.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 29: DAL (19-10) @ TOR (21-8) | 107-110 loss (Mavs had 30 pt lead) - by StepBackJay - 12-22-2019, 07:44 PM