Poll: Who will win the game? (Raps 2.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
61.54%
8 61.54%
Raptors
38.46%
5 38.46%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 29: DAL (19-10) @ TOR (21-8) | 107-110 loss (Mavs had 30 pt lead)
(12-22-2019, 02:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I have no idea what ESPN is using because 8 different services right now are saying -2.0 for TOR.
This is a testament on why odds are not a tool to gauge who is the probable winner. They change the odds based more on (I said moron, hehe) how people are betting than win probability. Esp after the line has been set and bets are being placed.
Like Reply
(12-22-2019, 02:52 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: This is a testament on why odds are not a tool to gauge who is the probable winner. They change the odds based more on (I said moron, hehe) how people are betting than win probability. Esp after the line has been set and bets are being placed.

So yes, odds are first and foremost about generating bets. 

But for Vegas they NEED to generate bets on BOTH sides of the line about equally so they don't lose money. So because of that a betting will end up correlating VERY close in most circumstances to the probability of an outcome. Of course there will be exceptions where public conception will be so strong on something that it will skew the bets away from the actual probablity. But I would say in most cases the betting line offers a pretty close glimpse (sort of by accident) of the probability of the outcome.
Like Reply
Dallas Mavbricks
Like Reply
Very bad start to the game. 0/6 and the shots are short as if the players have no energy at all.

What the heck is that we are watching? Are the players in blue and green playing basketball?
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
Gross, get Seth in
Like Reply
0/10. Nice job Mavs.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
WTH Mavs
Like Reply
This is pathetic
Like Reply
Make it 0/11. This is utter rubbish. You can't make shots so try to the something different. All they do is fire quick threes. One brick after another.
Like Reply
welp! this doesnt look good
Like Reply
First FG by DFS. We could have easily been down by 20 in only 5 minutes.
Like Reply
Bring the bench in
Like Reply
there we go dorian@!
WHY IS POWELL SHOOTING! THAT IS A WASTED POSSESSION!!
Like Reply
Bad THJ game incoming
Like Reply
2/16. What a great way to start a game.
Like Reply
Man just shuffle through the bench until you find some guys.  Boban, Rick?
Like Reply
i like how nick tries to work the refs
Like Reply
(12-22-2019, 03:53 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: WHY IS POWELL SHOOTING!
Like Reply
The rim is going to melt because of our shots.
Like Reply
Dallas shot 21% for the quarter and is only down 3.  The real game starts now.
Like Reply