Poll: Who will win the game? (Raps 2.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
61.54%
8 61.54%
Raptors
38.46%
5 38.46%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 29: DAL (19-10) @ TOR (21-8) | 107-110 loss (Mavs had 30 pt lead)
Heart 
[Image: EMPjrA_UYAU6iYX?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Like Reply
Raps aren't an easy team. They lost Siakam, Gasol, and basically their entire team. FVV and Lowry are the only ones left.

And even then I still think the Mavs are the underdogs. Mavs have to be ready to go.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-21-2019, 04:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Raps aren't an easy team. They lost Siakam, Gasol, and basically their entire team. FVV and Lowry are the only ones left.

And even then I still think the Mavs are the underdogs. Mavs have to be ready to go.

Don't forget Norman Powell. Dude almost single-handedly beat the Mavs last time.

But yeah, I'm not underestimating this Raps team. THJ and Curry have to stay hot.
Like Reply
Away game with their best player and 2 more big contributors out? This’ll be a blow out!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1208495876899033088
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(12-21-2019, 05:03 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Away game with their best player and 2 more big contributors out? This’ll be a blow out!

Famous last words before the Mavs get absolutely destroyed.

I remember the Mavs losing to the Raptors in the championship year who had the worst ranked offense and the worst defense. I think Bargnani dropped 35.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-21-2019, 05:56 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 05:03 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Away game with their best player and 2 more big contributors out? This’ll be a blow out!

Famous last words before the Mavs get absolutely destroyed.

I remember the Mavs losing to the Raptors in the championship year who had the worst ranked offense and the worst defense. I think Bargnani dropped 35.

The Mavs are doing better and better at playing up to, not down to, their competition. They will have a day and a half of rest. No Luka, but they've already shown what they can do without Luka, and they'll be ready.

I would feel sorry for the Raps, but nah.
Like Reply

We need to stay humble.

Let's not sound like Bucks fans and Sixers fans. Or Lakers fans.
Like Reply
(12-21-2019, 10:37 PM)donzingis38 Wrote:

We need to stay humble.

This!
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(12-21-2019, 10:37 PM)donzingis38 Wrote:

We need to stay humble.

It was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but fans have nothing to do with how the players think, so it doesn't matter at all what we say.
Like Reply
We all know what this is. There’s no denying it.

Another must win game.
Like Reply
Toronto's line has moved to -3. They still lack their already missing players and still favoured to win against Dallas? That's really strange.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
(12-22-2019, 10:15 AM)TurkishMFFL Wrote: Toronto's line has moved to -3. They still lack their already missing players and still favoured to win against Dallas? That's really strange.

Because historically the Mavs lose in Toronto. And it doesn't help that they're a good team with or without their missing players.
Like Reply
(12-22-2019, 10:33 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 10:15 AM)TurkishMFFL Wrote: Toronto's line has moved to -3. They still lack their already missing players and still favoured to win against Dallas? That's really strange.

Because historically the Mavs lose in Toronto. And it doesn't help that they're a good team with or without their missing players.

And it doesn't help them that we're a great team with or without our MVP candidate.
Like Reply
(12-22-2019, 11:00 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: that we're a great team

I love our hot start, but this team as a whole has done zero yet. They are untested. Nobody wins awards for going 19-9 in the regular season. I'll say this is a great team after seeing what they can do in the playoffs, IF they make it. Remember nothing is guaranteed in the Western conference, and we should know better than anyone how a small move or injury can radically derail an entire season. 

Meanwhile this entire Raptors team minus Kawhi and Green have scaled the playoff mountain and planted their flag. So they are historical and a great team.  

Obviously my barometer for a great team is not championship or bust, but the Mavs are young and unproven. My whole point is that no wins are guaranteed and, as DrMav puts it, should treat every game as a must-win.
Like Reply
I wasn't aware that they'll be missing Gasol and Siakam. With that said, we need to stay engaged and go for their throats all game to secure the win. We can't underrate our opponent because some of their key players are out. That's what the Bucks did against us and that didn't go too well for them. The raptors have the depth to still put up a competitive game.
Like Reply
They’re missing 4 of 5 starters from last year's championship team. So let’s not delude ourselves into thinking this is Milwaukee or even Philly again. It’s a game the Mavs should win.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/12...5573735424

Not sure where you are seeing that. It opened at -3.5 for TOR and all the services I see have moved to -2.0 for TOR.

https://www.oddsshark.com/nba/odds
Like Reply
(12-22-2019, 01:50 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/12...5573735424

Not sure where you are seeing that. It opened at -3.5 for TOR and all the services I see have moved to -2.0 for TOR.

https://www.oddsshark.com/nba/odds

I am not interested in betting at all. I saw the line on the ESPN app as -2 yesterday, today it was -3 and I thought the Raps might have had some players back from injury. Reading reports that they will be absent again made me think that the oddsmakers do not yet show enough respect to the Mavs.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
(12-22-2019, 02:08 PM)TurkishMFFL Wrote: I saw the line on the ESPN app as -2 yesterday, today it was -3

I have no idea what ESPN is using because 8 different services right now are saying -2.0 for TOR.
Like Reply