Poll: WHO GETS THE DIRKIE???
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DJJ (6pts, 5rbd, 2ast, 1blk, +9)
0%
0 0%
PJ (14pts, 5rbd, 2ast, 2stls, -2)
2.94%
1 2.94%
Gafford (13pts, 6rbd, 1 monster poster, +17)
2.94%
1 2.94%
Kyrie (30pts, 6rbd, 4ast, 2stls, 2blks, 28 2nd half pts, +22)
88.24%
30 88.24%
Luka (28pts, 7rbd, 13ast, 1st, 1blk, +9)
0%
0 0%
DLive (10pts, 9rbd, 3ast, 1stl, -2)
0%
0 0%
Green (7pts, 4rbd, 1ast, +7)
5.88%
2 5.88%
Maxi (4pts, 1rbd, hopefully okay, +1)
0%
0 0%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6 PLAYOFF DIRKIE
[Image: GMtUv_2WoAAnBpc?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
<3 Kyrie <3
Like Reply
Fav moments:

3. Kyrie with the sideways-fading corner 3 and the 4-point play!

2. DJJ going up, up, and away for the nearly overthrown—no you can’t overthrow Jonesy—oop!

1. Gaff going 18-wheeler right over and through Big Zu for the and-1 dunk and the statement that tonight sure as hell isn’t gonna be same old!
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
Pretty easy to choose, tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Can I give a first round Dirkie to the Mavs defense?

And then this game's Dirkie to Kyrie, the little magician that I was so wrong about.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 4 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft, Reunion Mav, SleepingHero, soog
Like Reply
Gafford's poster on Zubac was a turning point in the momentum.

Kyrie played great defense and had a great second half as expected. I'll even overlook the shocking double brick at the line, actually maybe I won't. I'll give it to Gafford
[-] The following 2 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 12:05 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Can I give a first round Dirkie to the Mavs defense?

And then this game's Dirkie to Kyrie, the little magician that I was so wrong about.

I’m with you on being wrong. I wasn’t excited about the trade. I thought he’d come here, not work hard, say dumb stuff, ruffle the feathers of his teammates, etc. He has been so good. Working hard on defense, being the leader and stabilizer Luka and the rest of the team needed. And man, he might be the single most skilled offensive player I have ever seen!
[-] The following 7 users Like soog's post:
  • BolsDamols, fifteenth, KillerLeft, MFFL, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I’m going Green. He played great tonight. Keep upping his minutes
Like Reply
and if we did a Dirkie thread for the whole series, Kyrie would win that one too.
who saw that coming?
Like Reply
Kyrie has given the Mavs more than I could have expected, not just in this game but in his tenure as a Mav so far.

No nonsense, just awesome play on both ends, and being the leader on the floor and calming presence that this Mavs team needed.
Like Reply
Kyrie’s man shot 2-18 and he closed those fockers out on offense. This goes into the Mav’s HOF game performances.
Like Reply
Very easy pick. Mr. Aesthetic.

Btw, where are Kammrath and Hakeemfan? I know them way back from dallasbasketball boards and I think they used to hang around here, too.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 12:03 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Pretty easy to choose, tonight.

Yes!  It was Green’s playoff coming out party!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
PJ kept us going in the first half and Kyrie dominated the second half. Plus Kyrie's calm demeanor was EXACTLY what we needed!
Like Reply
I can´t believe we won this series with six of our top eight players being 26 or younger. When Lue pulled out PJ Tuckasaurus, I was sure the experience would turn the series around. Wink

Special shout out to Lively. His hands and awareness got stronger and he seems to have a nice touch and control on the quick moves finishing over shorter players. I do not give a flying f*** about his 3pt shooting, but if he has one dribble moves with soft hands and can easily finish above smaller players on switches, all he needs to work on is FT shooting, not 3pt shooting.

Nico Harrison is the best shoe salesman since Al Bundy.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • mvossman, Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 07:39 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I can´t believe we won this series with six of our top eight players being 26 or younger. When Lue pulled out PJ Tuckasaurus, I was sure the experience would turn the series around.  Wink

Special shout out to Lively. His hands and awareness got stronger and he seems to have a nice touch and control on the quick moves finishing over shorter players. I do not give a flying f*** about his 3pt shooting, but if he has one dribble moves with soft hands and can easily finish above smaller players on switches, all he needs to work on is FT shooting, not 3pt shooting.

Not bad for an all in team!  At the end of the game they showed Mann on the bench and the announcers were talking how good of a young player he is.  He is 27.  I am a fan though.  

I still say though our teams age and setup moving forward is still being hidden with the national media.  Now there are some other well positioned teams in the west…maybe better.  I just always hated how the Mavs roster is lumped with Phx, lac, all and Milwaukee.  That has always been a lazy analysis.

Kyrie get my vote.  Red hot Kyrie may be my favorite things in sports right now.  kyrie pull up fast break three may be my favorite shot.

Imagine talking non stop in round one on how bad Kyrie and Pj are.  Depressing stuff.

Buckle up…just going to get harder moving forward.
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 08:04 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Not bad for an all in team!  At the end of the game they showed Mann on the bench and the announcers were talking how good of a young player he is.  He is 27.  I am a fan though.  

I still say though our teams age and setup moving forward is still being hidden with the national media.  Now there are some other well positioned teams in the west…maybe better.  I just always hated how the Mavs roster is lumped with Phx, lac, all and Milwaukee.  That has always been a lazy analysis.

Kyrie get my vote.  Red hot Kyrie may be my favorite things in sports right now.  kyrie pull up fast break three may be my favorite shot.

Imagine talking non stop in round one on how bad Kyrie and Pj are.  Depressing stuff.

Buckle up…just going to get harder moving forward.

Yeah it´s amazing how the front office have turned this around in just 18 months: age, cap, quality. That´s when you can even forgive screw-ups like Grant Williams. Yes we don´t have that many assets left, but we also only need 1-2 players for the next two years. We use two unprotected 1sts to acquire Simons for THJ+Powell  our roster for the next two years is likely locked in as

Doncic/Simons/Exum
Irving/Hardy/Lawson
DJJ/Green/
Washington/Kleber/OMax
Gafford/Lively/

We literally have to do nothing else for two years and be very serious contenders. By that time we have more future 1sts available again.
Like Reply
@_abigaiiiil
"[Kyrie] is amazing man. In the first half, I think he had 2pts and then finished with, what? 30? It's amazing. Never count him out. It's amazing just having him on our team."

Luka on Kyrie post game interview.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 08:13 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Yeah it´s amazing how the front office have turned this around in just 18 months: age, cap, quality. That´s when you can even forgive screw-ups like Grant Williams. Yes we don´t have that many assets left, but we also only need 1-2 players for the next two years. We use two unprotected 1sts to acquire Simons for THJ+Powell  our roster for the next two years is likely locked in as

Doncic/Simons/Exum
Irving/Hardy/Lawson
DJJ/Green/
Washington/Kleber/OMax
Gafford/Lively/

We literally have to do nothing else for two years and be very serious contenders. By that time we have more future 1sts available again.

You had me until that trade.  Don't want to pay two unprotected firsts for a 6th man.  Somebody mentioned this earlier and I totally agree.  We should be going the Boston route.  Aim for spending no more than a single pick on good players.  We completely rebuilt this team spending single pick on Kyrie, Lively, and PJ (and a swap on Gafford).  That should be strategy going forward.  I would be willing to spend a pick (plus Timmy) on Caruso, but if we can hold onto DJJ I would agree a 6th man would be the higher priority.  I just have no interest paying more than a first for that.
[-] The following 3 users Like mvossman's post:
  • MFFL, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 07:39 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I can´t believe we won this series with six of our top eight players being 26 or younger. When Lue pulled out PJ Tuckasaurus, I was sure the experience would turn the series around.  Wink

PJ Tuckasaurus? That’s post-of-the-day material right there! And props in general for using the “saurus” suffix.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply