Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (2-2) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (2-2)
[Image: GMSBLybWQAIn-bc?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Luka is dealing with a sprained knee. He's listed as probable.
Like Reply
Lets go Mavs!
Like Reply
(05-01-2024, 05:17 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Luka is dealing with a sprained knee. He's listed as probable.

What really sucks about this is that even if they somehow get past the clippers, this seems like something that’s going to lower the team’s ceiling for the rest of the playoffs significantly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Must win game and I think they'll pull it off. Go Mavs!
Like Reply
(05-01-2024, 07:22 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What really sucks about this is that even if they somehow get past the clippers, this seems like something that’s going to lower the team’s ceiling for the rest of the playoffs significantly.

And this is why you can't screw around and give away 2 games by not even being ready from the opening tip.

As long as Kidd is coach, this will continue to be a theme
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-01-2024, 07:34 PM)Branduil Wrote: And this is why you can't screw around and give away 2 games by not even being ready from the opening tip.

As long as Kidd is coach, this will continue to be a theme

That’s funny, because I kind of feel like Luka’s injury is a big part of WHY they lost those games. I only saw the highlights of game 1, but he hasn’t looked like himself to me, even in the wins.
Like Reply
(05-01-2024, 07:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That’s funny, because I kind of feel like Luka’s injury is a big part of WHY they lost those games. I only saw the highlights of game 1, but he hasn’t looked like himself to me, even in the wins.

Heck go back a month and watch highlights of any of his games and you can see Luka look radically different. He looks way less fluid and with less burst than usual.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-01-2024, 07:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That’s funny, because I kind of feel like Luka’s injury is a big part of WHY they lost those games. I only saw the highlights of game 1, but he hasn’t looked like himself to me, even in the wins.

What you have to be concerned about is how is his knee going to affect him on getting back on defense and guarding his matchup. I think Kyrie should handle the ball more and push the pace.
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-01-2024, 07:57 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: What you have to be concerned about is how is his knee going to affect him on getting back on defense and guarding his matchup. I think Kyrie should handle the ball more and push the pace.

Yeah I think Luka needs to play second fiddle until he feels like himself. Kyrie is more than capable of carrying this team offensively. Maybe Luka should focus on scoring closer to the basket.
Like Reply
This whole Luka thing is making me really glad Marcus Morris doesn't play for them anymore.
Like Reply
Grant Afseth (@GrantAfseth)
Jason Kidd on Luka Doncic: “He said he was gonna give it a shot, and we’ll figure out how to get him rest at timeouts and then trying to maybe get him in a little earlier than normal. Hopefully he’s feeling better, and we’ll see how he feels as the game goes on.”
Like Reply
We get to enjoy Reggie Miller for 48 minutes tonight. Hope everyone is ready.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Luka shouldn't be allowed to take any transition 3s as long as he hasn't scored in the paint.
Like Reply
Interesting adjustment to run the offense through Kyrie most of the time. Tactical, or just trying to limit the workload on Luka because of his illness and injury?
Like Reply
Finally called the pushoff early in the game against Harden that I have been asking for all series.
Like Reply
Hard to relax right now. Stars game just ended and now this Mavs game. I need some medicine
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Really dumb challenge
Like Reply
Much needed three. Mavs are getting wide open looks but cannot convert.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-01-2024, 09:22 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Much needed three. Mavs are getting wide open looks but cannot convert.

Shocking
Like Reply