Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+11, 11 pts, 2 stls, 4 asts, 6 rbds)
0%
0 0%
KP (+16, 22 pts, 3 blks, 18 rbds)
82.76%
24 82.76%
THJ (+12, 27 pts, 7/11 threes)
17.24%
5 17.24%
Jalen (+19, 11 pts, 7 asts)
0%
0 0%
Delon (8 pts, 4 asts, 7 rbds, 4 stls)
0%
0 0%
Seth (+14, 11 pts)
0%
0 0%
Bro (8 pts)
0%
0 0%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 28 DIRKIE: Winner KP (83%) & Runner-up THJ (17%)
Brick 
Who was the "player of the game" who elevated their game above normal to help the team get the win?
Like Reply
Welcome back THJ.  Two huge HUGE 3’s the fourth kept Philly from gaining any late momentum.  (Rest of the game was pretty good too).
Like Reply
Do we even need to vote on this one? It's KP with the career high rebounds of 18! He's starting to get his rhythm. By the ASB these boys are going to be tough to beat.

I have to also say that I love that we have a number of guys like Brunson, THJ, Curry, that can go off for 25-30 any given night. This is a well constructed team. I seem to remember someone, not naming names, (me) telling everyone to chill when we didn't get Kemba or Beverly in the off season...
Like Reply
(12-20-2019, 10:35 PM)audiosway Wrote: By the ASB these boys are going to be tough to beat.

They're pretty tough to beat now! Even without the MVP
Like Reply
Let's chop this trophy up. 50% KP (those rebounds!), 40% THJ, 10% Bro Bro.
Like Reply
Honestly without THJ we lose this game by 20. He gave this team such a huge offensive boost in the first when we were bone dry that it righted the ship. But he didn't score for almost 2 straight quarters after his 19 point first. 

Kristaps meanwhile played incredible defense the entire night. Consistently was scoring well. And he was a rebounding machine.

I gotta give it to KP for a well deserved Dirkie. But if Co-Dirkie's were a thing THJ deserves it too.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
KP was best player but THJ played way over the expectations, so I give it to him. Excellent team play and win!
Like Reply
Can we give Defense a Dirkie?
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]

KP with runner up honors to THJ. KP's defensive impact and presence on the floor is huge. Got me worried for our defense every time Rick takes him out of the game.  Smile
Like Reply
This is tough/close but KP wins over THJ because of DEFENSE and REBOUNDING.

Honorable mention to Maxi for those three sweet drives on Embiid.

The anti-dirkie goes to DP.
Like Reply
(12-20-2019, 10:40 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Can we give Defense a Dirkie?

Well yeah...............

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(12-20-2019, 10:45 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Well yeah...............

...they really had D Wright stuff tonight on D
Like Reply
Wow. 

We can't doubt this team anymore. They truly remind me of the championship year team. So much fight in them and the chemistry is so tight-knit.

Amazing game from start to finish. This team means business on the road. Now, at home; they turn that around - this team will be top-3 seed in the conference. 

THJ is my Dirkie. I felt like he set the tone early in the game. KP had another Monster game. And he's not close to full power yet? This dude is going to go super saiyan. 

Can't wait to add Luka magic to the rest of the potion.
Like Reply
Don’t overlook what DFS did to Tobias Harris.
Like Reply
(12-20-2019, 10:50 PM)iolide Wrote: Can't wait to add Luka magic to the rest of the potion
Love the win but I miss watching Luka.  When I think how boring the Sixers are compared to the Mavs with Luka...
Like Reply
KP all the way with 18 boards and 3 blocks along with some nasty dunks.
Like Reply
All team with our beloved tetris rotation master deserved it..
D was the key, kept PHI down on O and generated mavs O with a 19pt difference at the end.
KP had the most balanced game on both ends tonight, so he'll get it from me!
Like Reply
Voted for Timothy, making me look silly once again for my super-low expectations.

Speaking of making people look silly, the Jalen and Dwight hate in the game thread . . . followed by their +19 and +17 game highs in +/-. Go ahead and complain when they enter the game. But they will make you feel foolish. Neither is hurting this team.
Like Reply
(12-21-2019, 01:19 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Speaking of making people look silly, the Jalen and Dwight hate in the game thread . . . followed by their +19 and +17 game highs in +/-. Go ahead and complain when they enter the game. But they will make you feel foolish. Neither is hurting this team.
https://media.giphy.com/media/znIlvYY39SlG0/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(12-21-2019, 01:19 AM)Jommybone Wrote: Speaking of making people look silly, the Jalen and Dwight hate in the game thread . . . followed by their +19 and +17 game highs in +/-. Go ahead and complain when they enter the game. But they will make you feel foolish. Neither is hurting this team.

They got very lucky playing next to a supernova THJ and Kristaps for most of the night.

Jalen honestly didn't have that bad of a game tonight, though I felt the offense ran better with Delon and Seth in the game. Dwight on the other hand was a mess everywhere. The pullup 2's, the long 3's, it took him an entire quarter to stop jacking them up and realize it wasn't his night (and credit to him he recognized it). Powell also got bullied by Embiid, but frankly so does everyone. He's still such a weak big man, which is insane to me. There is a noticeable difference in the defensive effort with KP+Kleber than KP+Powell or even Kleber+Powell. He gets bullied off of his post, and overplays the defender most of the time.

And yet I still somewhat admire Powell because he always plays with hustle. Every play he tries. So kudos to him. I can't wait till we upgrade that big man spot with a more consistent player and move Powell to the bench where he belongs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply