Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs - 1st Round: Los Angeles Clippers - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-2!
(04-19-2024, 12:24 PM)Winter Wrote: SH, I think that's perfect representation of the events. But I begin to wonder how much I actually assumed. For instance you stated that you "really dislike his apparent denial of the Holocaust." You correctly added the word "apparent". I don't think he's actually ever said he denies the Holocaust... but we assume it. How much did we assume that's in error? Most of what we assume is, sadly, from Twitter.

I don't want to take this thread into a rabbit hole. What's really important is how much of a leader he projects in these interviews.

Well the *apparent* portion is because he supported a movie that denies the holocaust and really the entire existence of Jews.

Now did Kyrie say he agreed with that? No. Never. In fact he said himself that he only agreed with certain aspects of the film, mainly regarding black heritage. But one has to question the veracity of a film that makes those claims and whether or not there is actually anything of value that can be taken from it regarding your heritage. That's besides the point. Kyrie made a mistake for sure there. He made another mistake by letting the NY media twist his words. 

I've also seen many times personally Kyrie go out of his way to take a picture, sign a ball, and speak with kids that wore kippah's. So do I really think Kyrie hates Jews? No. I don't think he hates any faction at all. But like Kyrie says, he is human. We're all complicated. He did something that I found abhorrent. But no one sin can't be forgiven.

Back to basketball. I really believe Kyrie's complications is what makes him a true leader. He is real, honest, and cares about every single one of his teammates. Add in his complete wizardry of basketball skills and it's not hard to see why he garners so much respect in a locker room.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, Scott41theMavs, sterlingmallory
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs - 1st Round: Los Angeles Clippers - Dallas Mavericks - by SleepingHero - 04-19-2024, 12:37 PM