Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs - 1st Round: Los Angeles Clippers - Dallas Mavericks
I finally had a chance to watch game 5.  It was among the most fun Mavs games I've watched in the past 10 years.  I absolutely love watching this new Mavs team play fast.  I really love the DJJ, PJ, Gafford and Lively additions.  I love watching Kyrie and Luka figure out how to play together.  This is basketball at its most beautiful. 

As much as I love the Mavericks, I hate the Clippers.  I can't stand their entire team except Kawhi.

I understand that we should not hope for injuries to other teams.  However, I truly hope Westbrook gets syphilis from a street hooker.  I'm hope she's really fat and it becomes a major national news story. I would like that.
[-] The following 2 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • SleepingHero, The Jom
Like Reply
(Today, 01:00 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: I understand that we should not hope for injuries to other teams.  However, I truly hope Westbrook gets syphilis from a street hooker.  I'm hope she's really fat and it becomes a major national news story. I would like that.

Kind of thought Harden would be more likely than Westbrook, given his reputation for supporting certain entertainment venues.

Saw a report that Mann has lower leg contusion? If he's out, or hobbled, then Luka should feast on the Clip defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeltex's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(Today, 09:46 AM)michaeltex Wrote: Kind of thought Harden would be more likely than Westbrook, given his reputation for supporting certain entertainment venues.

Saw a report that Mann has lower leg contusion? If he's out, or hobbled, then Luka should feast on the Clip defense.

The advanced stats definitely suggest that Harden is more likely to contract syphilis from an obese street prostitute.  I don't like James Harden and I would be fine with him acquiring syphilis.  I don't like the way Harden plays and I do hate the way he is officiated.  I don't really hate Harden though.  He doesn't try to hurt anyone.  

However, Westbrook is not only a terrible player but seems to be making an effort to injure Luka on a nightly basis.  Westbrook is the one I would personally prefer acquire syphilis.  It has to be from a morbidly obese street prostitute.  That's what he deserves. I'd like that to be his legacy.  As a basketball player, he's become useless.  I'd like his career to end in a manner even more disgraceful than Dwight Howard's sad end.   FanDuel hasn't offered up odds on this but the odds are not zero.
[-] The following 3 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • michaeltex, SleepingHero, The Jom
Like Reply
Some truly great sports hate on here!
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(Today, 10:45 AM)The Jom Wrote: Some truly great sports hate on here!

I thought so too.... then I remembered syphilis is easily treated with antibiotics.
[-] The following 2 users Like Winter's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd, The Jom
Like Reply
(Today, 10:42 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: The advanced stats definitely suggest that Harden is more likely to contract syphilis from an obese street prostitute.  I don't like James Harden and I would be fine with him acquiring syphilis.  I don't like the way Harden plays and I do hate the way he is officiated.  I don't really hate Harden though.  He doesn't try to hurt anyone.  

However, Westbrook is not only a terrible player but seems to be making an effort to injure Luka on a nightly basis.  Westbrook is the one I would personally prefer acquire syphilis.  It has to be from a morbidly obese street prostitute.  That's what he deserves. I'd like that to be his legacy.  As a basketball player, he's become useless.  I'd like his career to end in a manner even more disgraceful than Dwight Howard's sad end.   FanDuel hasn't offered up odds on this but the odds are not zero.

What makes it worse, both are 1st ballot future HOFamers, whether you like it or not...
Like Reply
(11 hours ago)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: What makes it worse, both are 1st ballot future HOFamers, whether you like it or not...

1st ballot HOF at contracting syphilis maybe
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
@KevinGraySports
The Clippers are to Luka Doncic, what the Pistons were to Michael Jordan, what the Celtics were to Isiah Thomas, what the Lakers and Celtics were to Larry Bird & Magic Johnson, what the Spurs and Mavs were to Dirk & Tim Duncan

It’s Luka’s time to overcome his nemesis tonight!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • michaeltex, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(Today, 10:42 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: The advanced stats definitely suggest that Harden is more likely to contract syphilis from an obese street prostitute.  I don't like James Harden and I would be fine with him acquiring syphilis.  I don't like the way Harden plays and I do hate the way he is officiated.  I don't really hate Harden though.  He doesn't try to hurt anyone.  

Westbrick is still pissed that Cuban said he wasn't elite.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hooper21's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(Today, 10:54 AM)Winter Wrote: I thought so too.... then I remembered syphilis is easily treated with antibiotics.

It's more the negative stigma that I want for him rather than the illness.  

I'd be Ok with him contracting genital herpes from the same morbidly obese street hooker.  That would be fine too as long as Barkley and Shaq laugh about it on air.
Like Reply