Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 82: Dallas Mavericks (50-31) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (56-25)
[Image: GLAaalHWIAAVx9k?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
So available for tonight are:
Fudge
Green
Hardy
Hardaway
Lawson
Morris
OMax
Powell
Williams
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 08:49 AM)WillE Wrote: So available for tonight are:
Fudge
Green
Hardy
Hardaway
Lawson
Morris
OMax
Powell
Williams

Looking for a big game from Timmy.
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 09:10 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Looking for a big game from Timmy.
Yes, this should be "his" game.

Hardy should think the same.

OMax should have another career night.

Lawson and Williams kind of play for their careers...
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 09:10 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Looking for a big game from Timmy.

I‘d love an effective game from Timmy tonight, but I have to see it to believe it.
Like Reply
The only scenario where Denver gets the 1st seed is if the Mavs win today. They took the hint and sat basically everyone but Timmy and Josh.

Looking forward to 40 minutes of Omax.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
You all rooting for Timmy and Hardy have no idea how bad that hamstrings our other players in development.

I dont care if the development guys are being developed to be in certain positions and do certain things while others try and score...its hurting developing the younger guys' offensive feel for NBA game. Im aware they might be being developed to do things that dont involve scoring.

We know what Tim is already. Jaden wont have a career unless he starts making better decisions in place of tunnel vision on scoring.

Personally, I dont see the benefit of allowing Tim, Jaden and B. Williams to ball hog all game. Can anyone provide a passable excuse? Too tall an order?

Seems like there would be more fruit in getting OMax and Lawson involved/looks over allowing other guys to chuck all game.

My money is on OMax getting less than 15 shots. B. Williams, Jaden and Tim will have like 20 each.
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 10:09 AM)youzigizag Wrote: You all rooting for Timmy and Hardy have no idea how bad that hamstrings our other players in development.

I dont care if the development guys are being developed to be in certain positions and do certain things while others try and score...its hurting developing the younger guys' offensive feel for NBA game. Im aware they might be being developed to do things that dont involve scoring.

We know what Tim is already. Jaden wont have a career unless he starts making better decisions in place of tunnel vision on scoring.

Personally, I dont see the benefit of allowing Tim, Jaden and B. Williams to ball hog all game. Can anyone provide a passable excuse? Too tall an order?

Seems like there would be more fruit in getting OMax and Lawson involved/looks over allowing other guys to chuck all game.

My money is on OMax getting less than 15 shots. B. Williams, Jaden and Tim will have like 20 each.

So you want to other players to do, what THJ and Hardy do?
They would just pick up bad habits.

Or what would be your plan?

Bad teams with players having a too big role is not good for them.
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 10:09 AM)youzigizag Wrote: You all rooting for Timmy and Hardy have no idea how bad that hamstrings our other players in development.

I dont care if the development guys are being developed to be in certain positions and do certain things while others try and score...its hurting developing the younger guys' offensive feel for NBA game.  Im aware they might be being developed to do things that dont involve scoring.

We know what Tim is already.  Jaden wont have a career unless he starts making better decisions in place of tunnel vision on scoring.

Personally, I dont see the benefit of allowing Tim, Jaden and B. Williams to ball hog all game.  Can anyone provide a passable excuse?  Too tall an order?

My money is on OMax getting less than 15 shots.  B. Williams, Jaden and Tim will have like 20 each.

Some disappointment in Hardy but I'm not giving up on him yet
Plus he's 2 younger than Lawson
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 09:10 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Looking for a big FGA game from Timmy.

FIFY
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Knutsen
Like Reply
I thought a bit about Hardy´s last game and his seeming 2nd year regression. They already got this wrong in SL, trying to force the ball into his hands imho. And to an extend this is actually Kyrie´s "fault". Think about it. He has become somewhat of a veteran leader on this team. I´m sure he´s mentoring Hardy, too. Hardy shares the very same physical traits as Irving. It´s only natural for a young player like Hardy, that he is trying to mold his game after a highly successful player of similar build.

The problem is Kyrie (and Luka) have godly handles, especially in tight spaces, while it might be Hardy´s biggest weakness. Hardy should mold his PG game after Exum, who can handle the ball a bit, but is very selective with it, when it comes to penetration. Exum is more like an court administrator till we call the bosses again for the tough decisions.

We don´t have to worry about Hardy being too tentative, when it comes to shooting. Though it would be good for next season, if they can move Hardy completely off the ball on the 2nd unit. Catch and shoot. Catch-one dribble-shoot. Simplify the game for him and he can easily give you that THJ production next year imho.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

I dont care if the development guys are being developed to be in certain positions and do certain things while others try and score...its hurting developing the younger guys' offensive feel for NBA game.  Im aware they might be being developed to do things that dont involve scoring.

We know what Tim is already.  Jaden wont have a career unless he starts making better decisions in place of tunnel vision on scoring.

Personally, I dont see the benefit of allowing Tim, Jaden and B. Williams to ball hog all game.  Can anyone provide a passable excuse?  Too tall an order?

My money is on OMax getting less than 15 shots.  B. Williams, Jaden and Tim will have like 20 each.

I dont get it, who do you want to play today if not for THJ/Hardy/Williams? Do you want to try and win? 

How is Hardy supposed to learn if not for game reps?
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Okay. What are the odds Dallas wins today?
Like Reply
Dear OMax,
While we both know that you are HIM and the hidden third star who will elevate the Mavs to the Larry next year (hope it's a repeat), I need you to sandbag a little bit today. If you unleash your full offensive and defensive arsenal, then the Thunder will be no more. Please wait on that for the second round, to preserve the matchup for the ages against the Nuggets for us in the WCFs. I know this is your moment to shine. Just dim the shine enough that we can let them win.
Your biggest believer,
Scott41theMavs
[-] The following 3 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, WillE
Like Reply
Eddie Sefko (@ESefko)
Jason Kidd on what to expect today for O-Max Prosper: “This gives him a great opportunity to get 40-plus minutes. It could be looked as a reward for his hard work. But also, the future’s bright for us . . . a young player fighting for minutes as we go forward.
Like Reply
This will probably be the first game of the season I will not watch. Well, to be honest, I didn't spend much time on previous game against Detroit. Fast watched it in roughly 45 minutes Smile
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 01:56 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I dont get it, who do you want to play today if not for THJ/Hardy/Williams? Do you want to try and win? 

How is Hardy supposed to learn if not for game reps?

All three guys are bad shot takers and would rather shine than play team ball.

How about reward other guys for a game?  Let others do things with the ball.

I dont think I am over reacting at all about those three being shiners instead of quality bballers.

Just let others get involved for a change is all I am saying.
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 02:20 PM)youzigizag Wrote: All three guys are bad shot takers and would rather shine than play team ball.

[...]

Just let others get involved for a change is all I am saying.
Which one then:

Fudge
Green
Hardy
Hardaway
Lawson
Morris
OMax
Powell
Williams
Like Reply
I guess you all like the same guy/s taking all the shots and no team ball movement
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 02:41 PM)youzigizag Wrote: I guess you all like the same guy/s taking all the shots and no team ball movement

we're not even going to be playing a point guard in this game
no offense would be ran no matter how much they tried even if that was the goal.
Like Reply