Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 76: Atlanta Hawks (36-40) vs Dallas Mavericks (45-30)
Mavs dodged a major bullet with Capela. I really hope that was never considered of moving back in the first to get Capela. He had some nice plays early, but he is not the same player. I am sure Luka would have made him useful but the Mavs are so much better positioned at Center now.

I got that one right. Although, I probably would have been ok (but weary) if they trade for Ayton. So 1 for 2 for me.
Like Reply
Crazy that this Dejounte Murray-less defense was able to hold Dejounte Murray to 6-17 shooting.
[-] The following 3 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 08:01 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Mavs dodged a major bullet with Capela.  I really hope that was never considered of moving back in the first to get Capela.  He had some nice plays early, but he is not the same player.  I am sure Luka would have made him useful but the Mavs are so much better positioned at Center now.

I got that one right.  Although, I probably would have been ok (but weary) if they trade for Ayton.  So 1 for 2 for me.

Agree that he’s not as good as he used to be. 

Agree that Lively AND Gafford in combo is a better situation, and that Lively, in particular, is a better long term play. 

However, I think Capella would look much better on offense here with Luka than he does in ATL (just like Gafford looks better) AND, I actually think Capella was pretty damn good last night, defensively. Definitely part of why the Dallas offense struggled. He’s probably still the most impactful defender of the three, I’d wager. 

When everything is tallied up, I’m still with you, of course, because it’s much better to have the young guys who are still improving, provided they are already close to effective ENOUGH, which they are.
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 09:59 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Crazy that this Dejounte Murray-less defense was able to hold Dejounte Murray to 6-17 shooting.

I’ve been out on Murray since he started bitching this year about not having the ball in his hands. He’d be in the same situation here, if not worse, and we definitively KNOW he’s not happy with that role.

Basically, he needs the ball to be effective (I think Kyrie is much better off the ball than he), but he’s not good enough to carry a good team when he has the ball. Mix in overt malcontent vibes about it and that’s pretty much the exact type of player you don’t want in your locker room.
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, MFFL, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply