Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 73: Dallas Mavericks (43-29) vs. Sacramento Kings (42-30)
Closing with PJ and Exum on the wings is the right call too, every night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
14 in the 4th for the flat earther.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
great that my prediction is starting to come true just need 9 more wins to go undefeated the rest of the reg season.

Our combo center was able to score 18 points and snag 16 rebounds so that was great to see happen.

They need to work on that free throw shooting some.
Like Reply
WIN OF THE YEAR SO FAR

WOWOWOOWOWOWOWW WHAT FIGHT
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Reunion Mav, The Jom
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 11:30 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: WIN OF THE YEAR SO FAR

WOWOWOOWOWOWOWW WHAT FIGHT

what about that Denver game it was pretty awesome to beat them. Personally I would rather every game be like the game when we blew out OKC.
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 11:25 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: i feel bad for hb. he's a great guy when he was with dallas

Sure, off the court.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • donzingis38, Lukedoncic, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 11:34 PM)myconsumerclub Wrote: what about that Denver game it was pretty awesome to beat them. Personally I would rather every game be like the game when we blew out OKC.

That Denver game was incredible. Best moment of the season so far to be honest.

But this win was an intense fight where the Mavs never gave up. Luka clearly hobbled. No one could buy a bucket. Then they put it together int he 4th and just kept fighting.

Kyrie clutch as hell. Exum hit the big shot. Such a fantastic team win.

Plus this game's potential effect on seeding and positioning means so much too.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 11:36 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Sure, off the court.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • donzingis38
Like Reply
Really gutty win. I’m loving how we seem to have an extra gear defensively down the stretch. Bodes well for us in the playoffs.
[-] The following 2 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • BigDirk41, The Jom
Like Reply
I also thought it was the correct decision to stick with Gaff at center for most of the minutes down the stretch. His defense was pretty bad in the first half but his rim protection really bothered Sac in the 4th. Lively was finding himself out of position a lot, but Gaff made a nice adjustment at the half. Luka digging down on Sabonis post-ups seemed to throw Sac’s rhythm off and they had to have initiate on handoffs much higher. Nice halftime adjustments by our staff and players.
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 11:45 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Really gutty win. I’m loving how we seem to have an extra gear defensively down the stretch. Bodes well for us in the playoffs.

Reminds of Kidd’s playing days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Fox/Sabonis first 2 games vs. Dallas this season: 111 points on 62.3% shooting. In 2 games this week: 66 points on 38.7% shooting.
[-] The following 3 users Like The Jom's post:
  • BigDirk41, Lukedoncic, MFFL
Like Reply
(03-30-2024, 12:23 AM)The Jom Wrote: Fox/Sabonis first 2 games vs. Dallas this season: 111 points on 62.3% shooting. In 2 games this week: 66 points on 38.7% shooting.

[Image: giphy.gif]
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Next we got HOUSTON

May need to go deeper in the bench and see what some of the young guys play like.

Hardy should get some minutes and Hardaway some rest and with Kleber maybe Gafford and Lively can help him take a break some.

Letting them rest won't hurt our chances since the younger guys are probably a lot more effective than those old farts I would rest and Houston is getting wins against lower tier teams anyway.

They did not get 11 wins against elite playoff teams.
Like Reply
Amazing game. On a night when things didn't really go Mavs way offensively, Mavs fought on and took the game. Huge win
[-] The following 4 users Like omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-30-2024, 01:40 AM)myconsumerclub Wrote: Next we got HOUSTON

May need to go deeper in the bench and see what some of the young guys play like.

Hardy should get some minutes and Hardaway some rest and with Kleber maybe Gafford and Lively can help him take a break some.

Letting them rest won't hurt our chances since the younger guys are probably a lot more effective than those old farts I would rest and Houston is getting wins against lower tier teams anyway.

Breaking down HOU's 11 wins:

Portland- 123-107
Sacramento- 112-107
San Antonio- 103-101
Washington- 135-119
Cleveland- 117-103
Washington- 137-114
Chicago- 127-117
Utah- 147-119
Portland- 110-92
OKC- 132-126 OT
Utah- 101-100

3 of their 11 wins came against high quality opponents. OKC didn't have Shai in that game and it took some crazy heroics from Jalen Green to seal the game. 

The Rockets aren't a cakewalk though. Going to need some prime Luka and Kyrie to match Green+Van Vleets' scoring while Lively and Gafford punish them without Sengun.
Like Reply
Domantas Sabonis finished with 13 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists, posting his league-leading 26th triple-double of the season. Sabonis also recorded his league-leading 69th double-double of the season and his 56th in a row to break Jerry Lucas’ franchise record.

Brown was perplexed by Dallas’ 33-12 advantage in free-throw attempts. “I thought our guys fought throughout most of the game,” Brown said. “You’ve got to give our guys credit. They fought real hard to get this win. Obviously, an injury by Malik made it a little tough, but we had guys step up no matter who we threw into the game.” “To lose the free-throw battle 33-12, I don’t understand it. They get calls that are touch fouls and I ask the officials about it, and the officials say, yeah, they’re touch fouls and maybe we shouldn’t have called that, but we can’t get the same calls. As a coach, when you’re team is fighting, all you want is consistency, and 33-12 is not consistency.”

https://archive.is/JSJrg#selection-1353.0-1361.355
Like Reply
Thing is, the FT disparity shoulda been more like 80 to 20.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/miss77ela/status/177...6629387633

team chemistry on another level
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(03-30-2024, 01:40 AM)myconsumerclub Wrote: Next we got HOUSTON

OKC is not a playoff team? I agree with you on the rest of the teams they beat.
Like Reply