Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 69: Dallas Mavericks (39-29) vs. San Antonio Spurs (15-53)
(03-20-2024, 08:00 AM)meistermatze Wrote: Porbably Luka's worst game ever and he still managed a triple double with 16 assists. The only concern is that he looked slow, he did not have the explosiveness to get to the basket. I guess he's still injured and should not be playing agfainst the freakin' Spurs. Our defense improved an we are really physical now but on the downside, our spacing is horrible.

IF Exum, PJ, DJJ and Maxi can shoot around 36 percent in the playoffs, we'll be alright. If not, opoonents are going to take away PnR-action with our centers and we have to rely on hero ball from Luka and Ky. Might work but probably not often enough.

I hope Exum stays healthy and Hardaway sees no minutes in the postseason, once Green is back.

Luka to me looked like he was playing around 50% harder than the all star game.   That is not fair because he looked tired and the Spurs made him work.   But it just had the feel that he wasn't going to attack the rim with abandon and stay on the ground and not risk injury.   That led to several either long threes or contested mid range shots.   So he either had heavy legs or just wasn't that interested in getting to the rim and taking those hits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
I understand allowing threes to the Sochan's and Giddy's of the world, but I am not a fan of leaving anyone open wide open in the corner. When you are playing with a big, it makes things more complicated. It may be hard to get that connectivity together late in the season, but I really hope that is improved on. It is going to take good rotations and everyone being connected together.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
https://streamable.com/qlip3e

Mavs broadcast didn't even show a replay of this alley oop and it kind of pissed me off so I found one from the Spurs broadcast.
[-] The following 5 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • ballsrchr, DallasMaverick, MFFL, SleepingHero, The Jom
Like Reply
(03-20-2024, 10:36 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: https://streamable.com/qlip3e

Mavs broadcast didn't even show a replay of this alley oop and it kind of pissed me off so I found one from the Spurs broadcast.

Thanks for this! I too was miffed.
Like Reply
That pass was absolutely insane. Next level outletpass.
Like Reply