Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game 67: Dallas Mavericks (38-28) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (45-20)
I just keep going back to Dort’s 3 point play on an obvious charge early in the game. No challenge from Kidd. OKC coach, who’s actually good, successfully uses his challenges. The Mavs have a top 4 roster but will always be held back.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 11:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: If Luka had Shai's whistle and ability to just shove guys out of the way he'd average 45. Easy

If he quit bitching at the refs all the time, he might get more calls. SGA doesn't say a word.
[-] The following 4 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, MFFL, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I really do think this PJ/Maxi lineup only works when Luka is in the game. Not enough scoring, playmaking, or size otherwise.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Nightmare game for PJ. Plus he's getting worked over by J Will.
Like Reply
WHAT A MOVE BY THJ THERE! OK MY MAN!

OH MY GOD KYRIE
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Kyrie keeping them in it.
Like Reply
Why is Maxi out there?
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
THJ asleep on the rebound and on the cut.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
It's over...
Like Reply
The game was almost over, but Timmy really let them get the final nail in the coffin there just watching the ball fall into Wallace's hands.
Like Reply
Going small at the end wasn't smart. They are just attacking the rim.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Maxi sold this game so hard as well. Non impactful on defense and even worse on offense.

PJ couldn't buy a bucket but at least he could defend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
We may have PF problem if pj and maxi can’t get out of their funks. Will be more exposed in the playoffs too
Like Reply
It goes without saying, but Kidd gets out coached every single game. It's pathetic.
Like Reply
Another 30 for SGA. He’s right with Jokic for MVP. He dominated the Mavs tonight. He’s the best we’ve matched up with this year. Plays great defense too. No whining. Just plays hard.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
PJ was a disappointment tonight.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 11:27 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Why is Maxi out there?

i think the bigger question is why is kidd still out there
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 11:30 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Maxi sold this game so hard as well. Non impactful on defense and even worse on offense.

PJ couldn't buy a bucket but at least he could defend.

Maxi is always bad.  Always. PJ just had a bad game. He’s a solid 5th or 6th best player on a quality team.
Like Reply
Mavs fought super hard. They played well.

I'm 100% convinced if we had Luka they win this game by 10+ points.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 11:30 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Going small at the end wasn't smart. They are just attacking the rim.

Didn't change a thing. They were down double digits when Gafford went to the bench. Are down nine right now. At some point you have to risk it. Play more aggressive on defense. Pressure the ball. Go for the three on offense. Maybe they could have waited a little bit longer but the game wasn't decided by big vs small lineups...PJ sucked in all available lineup combinations.
Like Reply