Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game 67: Dallas Mavericks (38-28) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (45-20)
Exum gets hit in the face (although a stupid freaking drive by him) and no call.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
They’re playing hard and pretty well, honestly.

It must be taking everything they have to put out this much effort on a back-to-back. That’s probably why everyone is dropping like flies.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
OKC is one of the best forcing TO's
Like Reply
Hardy doesn’t quiiiiiiite seem ready for this playoff-like level.
Like Reply
Mavs going small for absolutely no reason
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
THJ has found his stroke.
Like Reply
More turnovers.

Really disappointed in pj tonight. Needs to be better on offense. Not a fan going small. Pj and maxi are 0 on offense tonight
Like Reply
PJ has been ice cold from 3 but its not like hes gotten any chance to take a shot.

Mavs need to run him in a PnR with Kyrie and space the floor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 10:53 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Mavs going small for absolutely no reason

Yeah, you know how much I like the Kleber/Washington lineup, but when OKC went small last time they played, Dallas dominated them inside by staying big. Seems like that might help them tonight, so I’m not sure why it’s not happening. It might have something to do with whether or not Giddey is in the game.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 10:56 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: PJ has been ice cold from 3 but its not like hes gotten any chance to take a shot.

So they need to go small?
Like Reply
Maxi is always a 0 on offense. He’s not a rotation worthy player. Hasn’t been for some time.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 10:55 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: More turnovers. 

Really disappointed in pj tonight. Needs to be better on offense. Not a fan going small.  Pj and maxi are 0 on offense tonight

Not sure why they forced that to him when the help had already come over. But yeah, he needs to kick it back out in that situation.
Like Reply
Let’s see if Mavs have another run. Feels like a game that could go to 18 in a hurry when Kyrie sits.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 10:56 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: PJ has been ice cold from 3 but its not like hes gotten any chance to take a shot.

This is absolutely what they should try when the Kleber/Washington lineup is in there. Kleber in the corner would be lethal.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 10:56 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: So they need to go small?

No. Just put Lively in the dunker spot and run a high PnR. 

Or even a spain PnR. Either one will result in a dunk and we don't give up easy stuff inside.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 10:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, you know how much I like the Kleber/Washington lineup, but when OKC went small last time they played, Dallas dominated them inside by staying big. Seems like that might help them tonight, so I’m not sure why it’s not happening. It might have something to do with whether or not Giddey is in the game.

In the last game the Mavs made their big runs with PJ/Kleber on the floor. By the way still the best PF/C combination since the allstar break if we are looking at +/-.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 10:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is absolutely what they should try when the Kleber/Washington lineup is in there. Kleber in the corner would be lethal.

16% 3pt shooter Kleber post ASB is absolutely not lethal.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Lukedoncic
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 10:57 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Maxi is always a 0 on offense. He’s not a rotation worthy player. Hasn’t been for some time.

I don’t really agree, because I believe he will still hold a defender on the perimeter. Space is important! He needs to hit some shots to keep it that way though.
  • The Jom
Like Reply

PJ has never been great from 3. He'll make a few, but doesn't shoot a high percentage.
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 10:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: 16% 3pt shooter Kleber post ASB is absolutely not lethal.

I have faith. He will find his stroke again.
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply