Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game 67: Dallas Mavericks (38-28) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (45-20)
We are getting royally screwed. No foul call after Ky gets killed and they win the challenge leading to pints.
Like Reply
2 quick make up calls after that blatant missed call there.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Nice half by Mavs. We will see if they lose their legs in the second half.

OKC has made 10 threes. To be down only two is a small win.
Like Reply
All things considered, Mavs are right there.

I'm fearful for a sluggish 3rd where OKC pulls away. So far the Mavs need to find their 3. Basically only Kyrie is scoring from there. THJ too hot/cold. Hardy is deciding to take the hardest mid range shots possible. PJ has been cold from distance.

If we can get like 1 more guy to score a bit more it'd be much nicer.

These refs are horrific. I'm glad that one dude gave us 2 make up calls after the obvious BS.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Jalen Williams just shoving PJ multiple times on his drive to the hoop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Now Gafford goes down.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Like Reply
Injuries are a problem this year. Bad luck, or do they need a better training staff?
Like Reply
Phew. Green and Gafford both seeming to go down non-contact and my mind immediately lept to “Achilles,” both times.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Gafford looks like he rolled an ankle. Two turnovers in a row. Rob’s my not a good idea to throw him the ball running the lane on a fast break or ask him to create off the dribble inside. Hope he can continue as Lively has been quiet tonight.

As good as PJ does some things, he just needs to be better scoring. I like how he is driving more than just shooting threes but even those aren’t going tonight
Like Reply
Glad Gafford is OK. He is playing great!
Like Reply
Can't stop SGA.
Like Reply
Man, they look a little out of sorts right now, but you can’t say the Mavs aren’t playing hard. This doesn’t look like the second night of a back to back to me.

Two great defensive possessions in a row from Hardaway.

The worst thing about this half, so far, is Kyrie Irving playing point guard. It’s not that he can’t do it, obviously, but he just doesn’t have very much chemistry running point with this team. I hate to be silver lining guy all the time, but Luka missing a little bit of time might help in this area, as long as it isn’t too much time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 10:39 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Can't stop 
 The NBA can curb some of the offense by not calling fouls when players lean into the defender like SGA did to Lively. Lively had basically stopped and SGA dipped in last second. Luka did the same thing last game too and I didn’t like that call either.
Like Reply
Mavs playing tough. Sloppy though. I thought the came was getting away from them but they cut it back to 6. Still in Danger territory. Not sure how they can stay within reach when Kyrie sits though.

Nice touch by Lively. Good to see him aggressive.
Like Reply
THJ defense actually was great there.

PLEASE MORE OF THAT!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-14-2024, 10:44 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote:  The NBA can curb some of the offense by not calling fouls when players lean into the defender like SGA did to Lively. Lively had basically stopped and SGA dipped in last second. Luka did the same thing last game too and I didn’t like that call either.

Those are called superstar calls for a reason. But I get what you're sayin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Mavs getting a few breaks right now. Maxi probably with a backcourt violation. Lively could have been called for a goaltend.
Like Reply
They won't win unless Kyrie gets some help from somebody.
Like Reply
Cason Wallace is insanely good as an on ball defender.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Mavs looking like a mash unit. Now Exum goes down.
Like Reply