Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 66: Golden State Warriors (34-30) vs. Dallas Mavericks (37-28)
Last time I saw a worse passing performance was the Cowboys wild card game against the Packers.
Like Reply
Mavs can’t get breathing room.

Hardaway isn’t the only one but he is the worst on the mavs not taking a last second heave at the end of quarters so it doesn’t go on his missed shot total. If you are not going to shoot it, don’t get the ball with 2.5 seconds left in quarter. Small gripe
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • ballsrchr, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Good transition offense. Super important in a game where both teams cannot score in the half court.
Like Reply
Kyrie had a nice pass to Lively in the lane. But wow, Exum with two beautiful passes inside that led to two baskets. One to app the other to Lively. Lively was blocked but got it back and scored.
Like Reply
Kyrie takeover. That's what the Mavs need when Luka is on the bench.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ballsrchr, The Jom
Like Reply
klay is so bad. i mean you have thj defending you, lol
Like Reply
Getting the ball to Lively/Gafford down low and shoving down the other teams throat should be a priority every game. The offense and defense play so much better when we do this. Everything looks easy and we don’t need a million 3’s to win
[-] The following 4 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • ballsrchr, BigDirk41, Lukedoncic, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
I don’t think any small team like GSW or PHX or LAC or OKC can stop us in 7 if we play like this. Those type of teams we should be able to bully them all game like this. Maybe last 5 min of games Maxi is needed. But those type of teams like we used to be are at such a disadvantage against Lively/Gaff. The 3’s they give up are worth it
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(03-13-2024, 09:36 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Getting the ball to Lively/Gafford down low and shoving down the other teams throat should be  a priority every game. The offense and defense play so much better when we do this. Everything looks easy and we don’t need a million 3’s to win

That's certainly the prefered outcome. Dunks/layups are still the most efficient shots in basketball. But I think the important part is the how.  Mavs spamming pick and roll against teams that have slow bigs has been super efficient in the last few games. For years we have watched the Mavs defense with bigs caught in no man's land. Right now they are returning the favor. Will be interesting to see if they can also do it against better pick&roll defenses. Bulls and Pistons ranked 30th and 29th defending the roll man. Warriors are around league average when they are fully healthy. Really bad without Draymond.
OKC and Nuggets games will be big tests. If Gafford and Lively can do it against them the Mavs are in a good spot for a potential play-in/playoff matchups.
Like Reply
Luka hurt.

Josh Green
Like Reply
Ugly first half. Less mistakes in the second half. Never found their rhythm from three but they started to move the ball without turning it over. Resulting in some beautiful lob passes.
Like Reply
PJ and Gafford with 14 combined STOCKS. Impressive
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(03-13-2024, 09:36 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Getting the ball to Lively/Gafford down low and shoving down the other teams throat should be  a priority every game. The offense and defense play so much better when we do this. Everything looks easy and we don’t need a million 3’s to win

After being bullied for the past several years, it's nice to finally be the bullies.
[-] The following 2 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • MFFL, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Almost feel bad for the Warriors. They had turned things around and made a push for the playoff spots but without Curry they are one of the worst teams in the league. CP3 and Klay look like they escaped from an retirement home. Klay plays like a less talented version of THJ. CP3 simply doesn't have the athleticism to play in the NBA at this point of his career.
Like Reply
(03-13-2024, 10:05 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Almost feel bad for the Warriors. They had turned things around and made a push for the playoff spots but without Curry they are one of the worst teams in the league. CP3 and Klay look like they escaped from an retirement home. Klay plays like a less talented version of THJ. CP3 simply doesn't have the athleticism to play in the NBA at this point of his career.

I don't feel bad for the Warriors.  They have plenty of championship rings to console themselves.  

They lost my respect when the team declined not to suspend Draymond Green for knocking his teammate unconscious.  Draymond probably should be in jail.  I don't like the Warriors except for Steph Curry.

Agree about Klay.  He doesn't provide much anymore other than spacing.  I think CP3 might still be capable of being a good role player on a contender.  The Warriors aren't a contender though.  I think he'd look good playing with Wemby next season.  He'd be a great backup PG on almost any contender-  T'Wolves and Nuggets especially.
Like Reply
Warriors are probably not light years ahead of the field anymore. Shame.
Like Reply
I really liked this game (other than of course the Luka injury). Nights when shots are just not falling happen, nothing bad about that, its a long season. But Mavs really played good defense this time and grind out a win in a very important game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
+- really is a "weird" stat. I thought Luka had a bad game on both ends of the court. Especially on offense where he couldn't make a shot and had 6 turnovers. Seemed very static on defense. Yet Mavs were +14 with him and only +1 with Kyrie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply